The problem of automatically playing the picture vertically when playi

5 hours ago, sn0pzer said:

Hi Luke, will a similar option be made available to the Android app as well?

My use case is sometimes I like to watch series on my phone in bed while I'm falling asleep, and I will be laying on my side. This means that the phone will be oriented in portrait mode, while I want the content to remain in landscape mode.

I'd like to have an option to lock videos to landscape mode (by default), since all my videos are landscape anyways. For inspiration, Plex offers the same option in their video player.

Thanks!

HI, yes the next update to the Emby android app will have the same option. Thanks.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/13/2023 at 6:54 AM, Luke said:

The next update to the Emby iOS app will have a new option to control the orientation behavior during video playback.

Hi Luke, 

Is this update out? I can't see any options in the emby ios app. Videos still don't automatically go landscape full screen like plex, netflix etc. Could we get this added as an checkbox in the app?

Cheers mate.

10 hours ago, knxville said:

Hi Luke, 

Is this update out? I can't see any options in the emby ios app. Videos still don't automatically go landscape full screen like plex, netflix etc. Could we get this added as an checkbox in the app?

Cheers mate.

HI, yes it is. The option is in the app's playback settings.

Just now, 17732 said:

I didn't find this switch in the settings.

Where are you looking for it? Did you go into the app's playback settings?

1 minute ago, Luke said:

Where are you looking for it? Did you go into the app's playback settings?

I can't find the switch in the play.Version number 2.2.12

IMG_3479.png

IMG_3478.png

IMG_3477.png

6 minutes ago, 17732 said:

I can't find the switch in the play.Version number 2.2.12

IMG_3479.png

IMG_3478.png

IMG_3477.png

I can't read that but did you go all the way to the bottom? There's one about screen orientation.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Luke,

Please dont take this the wrong way or personal. I'm only curious as to the process.

I see a lot in these posts that you state you will "look into it". What usually happens after that? Do you add it to a list or spreadsheet somewhere? Does it get created as an issue in Github?

Can I recommend the latter. When a post comes up and you agree to look into it, are you able to create a github issue where we the users, can follow it's progress. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Luke, just a bump to this one, any luck on figuring out why the rotation setting is not appearing in Playback Settings? I saw there was a recent update to the app, but no change. Thanks!

1 hour ago, emby-noob said:

Hi Luke, just a bump to this one, any luck on figuring out why the rotation setting is not appearing in Playback Settings? I saw there was a recent update to the app, but no change. Thanks!

HI, we are looking into it. Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...