Playlists containing items that are ignored in library

bedgear
Go to solution Solved by GrimReaper,

bedgear

Not sure if what I want to do is currently possible, but here's what I'm encountering.

I have a library "Music", in the specified directory is a bunch of audio files and subdirectories. I have some subdirectories ignored with .ignore files, these directories contain audio files that don't come from specific albums, aren't "songs" per se, or are soundtracks or sound libraries from video games and other ancillary media that isn't "Music" and I would rather not have cluttering up the library. 

What I'm attempting to accomplish is to have certain files within subdirectories of the ignored directory included in playlists, but not scanned and included and cluttering up the "Music" library. I've attempted to create another library with those directories, and ran into the cant have libraries who's target is a subdirectory of another library problem, so then I created a symlink to the desired directory and created a library with that which worked, but then if i remove that library from my user (essentially to hide the library from normal viewing as its unorganized and most of the files don't have any metadata worth using) the playlist with items from the library are gone (likely intended behavior).

So I guess what I'm asking is as follows:

- Is it possible to add files to a playlist without them being included in a library (or if they're in an ignored subdirectory of the library target)

- If not, is it possible to hide a library from a user and not bar them access to it so a playlist can access the files?

Hello bedgear,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

• Solution
GrimReaper
2 hours ago, bedgear said:

- Is it possible to add files to a playlist without them being included in a library (or if they're in an ignored subdirectory of the library target)

No. 

2 hours ago, bedgear said:

- If not, is it possible to hide a library from a user and not bar them access to it so a playlist can access the files?

Also no.