Resume play feature resumes from wrong file

Familia Chapin

Does it only occur when playing from certain screens? Do you have any fillers set in the list? Grouping into collections? Does it happen with other media besides movies?

1 hour ago, Luke said:

Does it happen with other media besides movies?

Yes, demonstrated in this thread with a TV show.

1 hour ago, Luke said:

Does it only occur when playing from certain screens?

Apparently not as we've been through that in the thread too.

1 hour ago, Luke said:

Do you have any fillers set in the list?

Don't think this is relevant as it was demonstrated as happening from the home screen.

Having said all of that, any other twists anyone can think of are welcome.

Sarge88

I have a tcl Roku TV. I think il plug that in and see if I can reproduce the issue myself. Might have to wait till Sunday tho. 

Personally it sounds like the connection or stream isn't being closed out properly and thus still has some elements in cache or ram. Then somehow gets combined with the next stream. 

Edited by Sarge88
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sarge88 said:

I have a tcl Roku TV. I think il plug that in and see if I can reproduce the issue myself. Might have to wait till Sunday tho. 

Personally it sounds like the connection or stream isn't being closed out properly and thus still has some elements in cache or ram. Then somehow gets combined with the next stream. 

That would be great. Thanks !

Sarge88
On 8/25/2023 at 1:30 AM, Luke said:

of course wen i start testing with my spare roku tv i have another issue(s) to look into first. I put a post up so when i can figure that out then il try replicating my other reported issue. 

• Thanks 1

Sarge88
On 8/25/2023 at 1:30 AM, Luke said:

Ok NVM I just pushed my quality to 4mbps(1080p) to skip the io issue for now.

Anyway I was able to just now replicate the issue on my Roku TV. Played movie1 then skipped to a 30m time stamp and then stopped the play. Resume says it would resume at 30m. Went to play movie2 that had a resume time of 10mins and it started playing movie1 at 10m start time.

So now that I can replicate this maybe I can help provide more info and try other stuff. Let me know where you'd like me to start. 

• Like 1

Can someone make their server available for testing? That might be the best way to reproduce.

If you can help, please send a private message to both ebr and I and provide your server url, and the username and password that we should sign in with. 

Then ideally, please make sure to have already reproduced the issue with that user and tell us exactly what videos to play in what order. That should make it much easier to trace down.

Thanks !

Sarge88
46 minutes ago, Luke said:

Can someone make their server available for testing? That might be the best way to reproduce.

If you can help, please send a private message to both ebr and I and provide your server url, and the username and password that we should sign in with. 

Then ideally, please make sure to have already reproduced the issue with that user and tell us exactly what videos to play in what order. That should make it much easier to trace down.

Thanks !

Pm sent

• Thanks 1

Thanks @Sarge88 Unfortunately, I was unable to reproduce using your system and exact procedure.  I tried twice even.

This makes me think there must be some relationship with certain option settings.  Can someone try a fresh install of the app and change no options and then see if they can still reproduce?

Sarge88
2 hours ago, ebr said:

Thanks @Sarge88 Unfortunately, I was unable to reproduce using your system and exact procedure.  I tried twice even.

This makes me think there must be some relationship with certain option settings.  Can someone try a fresh install of the app and change no options and then see if they can still reproduce?

Ya I can do that today a lil later. Shouldn't be too hard to spin up another emby docker with a diff port to test. Il let ya know wat I find. 

2 hours ago, Sarge88 said:

Shouldn't be too hard to spin up another emby docker with a diff port

Hi.  I mean a fresh install of the Roku app, not the server.  Thanks.

Sarge88
4 hours ago, ebr said:

Ok I just used a new install, set it to a diff port, added just the movies, and enabled emby premiere. I was able to recreate the issue again.

Wat Roku device were u using to test with? 

Hi.  I don't believe it is related to the server.  Has to be on the app/device end.  Can  you try a fresh install of the app leaving all settings at default?

Sarge88
4 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  I don't believe it is related to the server.  Has to be on the app/device end.  Can  you try a fresh install of the app leaving all settings at default?

Just deleted the Roku app and then rebooted the TV and then a fresh install of the Roku emby app. Same issue was replicated. 

Would a debug or trace log help any you think? Idk wat log type you guys got from the prev user. 

Edited by Sarge88

Familia Chapin

I'll reinstall as well once I get home. I have the normal and beta. They were both having that issue. I'll check when I get home as well.

Familia Chapin

I uninstalled both the normal and beta then restarted TV. I'm still having the issue without updating any options. Would it make sense for me to install emby server on another computer and see if I will have the issue from that server?

Thanks for all the troubleshooting but I really don't think the server will make any difference. 

Sarge88
1 hour ago, ebr said:

Thanks for all the troubleshooting but I really don't think the server will make any difference. 

Are you able to send me a copy of that log file from the Roku app I submitted? I'd like to look at it as well and see if I can pick anything out of it. 

I really don't think there is much you could glean from it but I just discovered an oddity that shouldn't be related but, who knows?  I'm going to add you to the PM for the beta so you can install it and see if the change I just made has any impact.

Thanks.

• Thanks 1

Sarge88
16 hours ago, ebr said:

I really don't think there is much you could glean from it but I just discovered an oddity that shouldn't be related but, who knows?  I'm going to add you to the PM for the beta so you can install it and see if the change I just made has any impact.

Thanks.

That beta or change worked! It's now resuming the correct movie at the correct time. Tried it on both the test server(all defaults) and my own server. 

Im guessing the update will be pushed to the stable release sometime in the next release? 

Edited by Sarge88
  • Thanks 2

Well, that's great to hear except that I'm not 100% sure why it worked... nor why I was never able to reproduce the problem.  There is some wrinkle in there I'm still missing and, hopefully, that doesn't popup somewhere else.

Sarge88
2 minutes ago, ebr said:

Well, that's great to hear except that I'm not 100% sure why it worked... nor why I was never able to reproduce the problem.  There is some wrinkle in there I'm still missing and, hopefully, that doesn't popup somewhere else.

Your more than welcome to remove the change u made for me and I can see if my problem comes back. Atleast that way you can find out if it was that change or the beta in general.

Otherwise I'm just glad it worked. Atleast for me it did. Il know later once my family tests it on the stable version. 

9 minutes ago, Sarge88 said:

Atleast that way you can find out if it was that change or the beta in general.

I'm sure it was this change as the OP here had already tested with beta.

Thanks for helping to chase it down.

• Thanks 1