Poster Overlay GUI - Custom 4k Banners

Pejamas

Pejamas

Poster Overlay GUI

A simple Windows Forms application that allows users to add 4K Ultra HD Banners to their movie posters.

Screenshot1.thumb.png.76b8d8f139990faa65974a1f326591a8.png

About:

• Firstly, I know that we have the coverart plugin but I prefer having a cleaner look with multiple options for my 4k library.
  • I started making this app a few weeks ago with absolutely zero knowledge in coding, this entire project was built through using chatgpt to guide me into building, modifying and editing the code through lots of trial and error.
  • I'm more than open to suggestions to improve and or add to the project (such as more banner options etc).

Features:

• Choose from multiple overlay images (4k Ultra HD, with HDR, with DV, With HDR and IMAX and with DV and Imax)
  • Preview the combined result
  • Save the resulting image as a new file

How to Use:

• Download and extract the PosterOverlay_v1.0.0.zip file from github.
  • Run the PosterOverlay.exe file to launch the application.
  • Click on the "Select Poster" button to choose the base image (poster).
  • Use the dropdown box to select an overlay image.
  • Preview the result in the main window.
  • Click "Save Poster" to save the resulting image to your computer.

Prerequisites:

• .NET 6.0 Runtime is required to run the application. Please download and install the appropriate version for your operating system.

GitHub Link:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

• 4 months later...
ZLuckyTraveler

@PejamasDoes this program connect to an Emby server in any way, or is this a standalone application to add overlays to posters that are stored locally which you are referring can just be used with Emby by manually uploading the posters then. Also is there any way to automate this?

4 hours ago, ZLuckyTraveler said:

@PejamasDoes this program connect to an Emby server in any way, or is this a standalone application to add overlays to posters that are stored locally which you are referring can just be used with Emby by manually uploading the posters then. Also is there any way to automate this?

This looks like a standalone app.

7 hours ago, ZLuckyTraveler said:

Just a standalone app so far, I primarly use TPDB for all my movie posters, hopefully one day they have an API then I can try to automate it.

• 3 months later...
PagelsFamily

Any way to add something else to the top right of the banner? Imax is awesome but if I have a Dolby Vision movie my brain hates that there is an empty spot on the top right. As Snowwright suggested maybe audio codes like Atmos, etc.... And the last suggestion would be the black stripe, if there were a few other color options available? Seeing something like a blue or red bar would signal the type of file it is would be cool. Thank you for this, I use it quite a bit.

• 2 months later...