IPTV Simple Client for Kodi

muzicman0

quickmic
7 hours ago, Loco007 said:

I do also have Kodi Companion 2.2.1.0 installed on Emby if that makes any difference?

No, that's not related to the issue.

Thanks for the log, but nothing suspicious reported.

Which Emby server version do you use?

Is live tv working on Emby server?

Loco007
3 hours ago, quickmic said:

No, that's not related to the issue.

Thanks for the log, but nothing suspicious reported.

Which Emby server version do you use?

Is live tv working on Emby server?

Livetv is working great in emby.

Emby server version on my synology is 4.7.13.0-704071300

Using Emby app on my nvidia shield or s22 works perfect for LiveTV.

On my Nvidia Shield I have tried:-

Resetting the entire Shield and reinstalling everything

Tried the latest stable & beta versions of Emby for Kodi Next Gen with the same result - selecting SyncLiveTV and nothing happens.

quickmic

Does the user (plugin user for Emby server access) have permission to access livetv on Emby server?

I'll send you a debug version in the next days.

Loco007
4 hours ago, quickmic said:

Does the user (plugin user for Emby server access) have permission to access livetv on Emby server?

I'll send you a debug version in the next days.

Hi, are you referring to the user I login as in Kodi, and if that user has access to livetv in emby?

Yes, the user I login as has full access to live tv in emby and I assume also from kodi once I login.

If I have this wrong please let me know how I can check permission to access livetv?

FYI - all users in my setup for emby have livetv access 👍🏽

Loco007
3 hours ago, quickmic said:

Please install this version. Sync Live TV and send me the log, thanks.

plugin.video.emby-next-gen-8.2.12 build 1 DEBUG.zip 6.58 MB · 2 downloads

Thanks, installed and synced as requested.

Please see log attached.

All I had happen was kodi getting hung on 'creating PVR clients' but stuck on 0% and at the same time also stuck on 'PVR manager is starting up' and also stuck on 0%.

kodi.log

quickmic

Thanks for the log, seems there is something wrong on Emby server. There is no response for Emby server.

I don't see a timeout in the log, but quite sure there will if you wait longer than 5 minutes.

However, please upload an Emby server and a kodi.log including the sync for review.

Loco007
On 8/4/2023 at 10:09 PM, quickmic said:

Thanks for the log, seems there is something wrong on Emby server. There is no response for Emby server.

I don't see a timeout in the log, but quite sure there will if you wait longer than 5 minutes.

However, please upload an Emby server and a kodi.log including the sync for review.

Hi Quickmic,

Have sent my logs directly to you thanks.

quickmic

@Luke

I reviewed Loco007's issue. The main problem was the lagy EPG queries. Loco has a huge amount of EPG data to be synced, the server query may take 2 minutes or even more. Depending on server load.

I think there is room for improvement. As a workaround I increased the timeouts on client side and removed the totalcounts. But there is nothing else I could do.

query is "LiveTv/Programs" with {'UserId': self.EmbyServer.ServerData['UserId'], 'Fields': "Overview", 'EnableTotalRecordCount': False) params

Also tested without UserId, not much difference.

Loaded 2003 channels

Loaded 43 channel groups

LoadChannelEpgs - Loaded '1278' EPG channels.

LoadEpgEntries - Loaded '109111' EPG entries

He runs a 4.7.13.0 Emby server on Synology.

btw, I also tested with "/LiveTv/EPG", it doesn't respect the "fields" param

Also I cannot perform a test on 4.8.X Emby server, I don't have such an amount of data.

Edited by quickmic

Loco007
16 hours ago, quickmic said:

@Luke

I reviewed Loco007's issue. The main problem was the lagy EPG queries. Loco has a huge amount of EPG data to be synced, the server query may take 2 minutes or even more. Depending on server load.

I think there is room for improvement. As a workaround I increased the timeouts on client side and removed the totalcounts. But there is nothing else I could do.

query is "LiveTv/Programs" with {'UserId': self.EmbyServer.ServerData['UserId'], 'Fields': "Overview", 'EnableTotalRecordCount': False) params

Also tested without UserId, not much difference.

Loaded 2003 channels

Loaded 43 channel groups

LoadChannelEpgs - Loaded '1278' EPG channels.

LoadEpgEntries - Loaded '109111' EPG entries

He runs a 4.7.13.0 Emby server on Synology.

btw, I also tested with "/LiveTv/EPG", it doesn't respect the "fields" param

Also I cannot perform a test on 4.8.X Emby server, I don't have such an amount of data.

Hi Luke,

Any help or input would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

16 hours ago, Loco007 said:

Hi Luke,

Any help or input would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Can you please provide the emby server log? thanks.

• Like 1

Loco007
5 hours ago, Luke said:

Can you please provide the emby server log? thanks.

Hi Luke,

Sent my log directly to you, Thanks.

• Thanks 1

On 8/9/2023 at 3:50 AM, Loco007 said:

Hi Luke,

Looking into it. Thanks.

On 8/9/2023 at 3:50 AM, Loco007 said:

Hi Luke,

Can you temporarily enable debug logging on the server, then repeat the test and provide a new log?

Also, your log is filled with messages such as this:

2023-08-09 18:34:26.054 Error ProviderManager: UnauthorizedAccessException: Emby Server is being write access to /volume1/docker/movies/The Adversary - (2002)/landscape.jpg. Please check your file permissions.

You enabled saving images to media folders but did not grant the server write access to your media folders. So this is probably not helping your performance situation. I would either turn that off or fix it.

• Like 1

Loco007
On 8/11/2023 at 5:08 PM, Luke said:

Can you temporarily enable debug logging on the server, then repeat the test and provide a new log?

Also, your log is filled with messages such as this:

2023-08-09 18:34:26.054 Error ProviderManager: UnauthorizedAccessException: Emby Server is being write access to /volume1/docker/movies/The Adversary - (2002)/landscape.jpg. Please check your file permissions.

You enabled saving images to media folders but did not grant the server write access to your media folders. So this is probably not helping your performance situation. I would either turn that off or fix it.

Hi Luke,

Thanks for that, ive updated permissions and messaged you my logs again, hopefully they show something, thanks

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

What am I looking at in the latest log server file you provided? It's a nine minute log with not a lot of activity. And still these:

2023-08-13 09:29:57.298 Error ProviderManager: UnauthorizedAccessException: Emby Server is being write access to /volume1/docker/movies/Fading Gigolo - (2014)/poster.jpg. Please check your file permissions.

They're harmless, the server will figure out what to do, but since you're mentioning performance it's worth bringing up.

Loco007
15 hours ago, Luke said:

What am I looking at in the latest log server file you provided? It's a nine minute log with not a lot of activity. And still these:

2023-08-13 09:29:57.298 Error ProviderManager: UnauthorizedAccessException: Emby Server is being write access to /volume1/docker/movies/Fading Gigolo - (2014)/poster.jpg. Please check your file permissions.

They're harmless, the server will figure out what to do, but since you're mentioning performance it's worth bringing up.

Hi Luke, thanks for pointing this out, I've checked permissions and appears emby has read write permission for that shared 'docker' folder, is there anything else I'm missing for permissions?

7 hours ago, Loco007 said:

Hi Luke, thanks for pointing this out, I've checked permissions and appears emby has read write permission for that shared 'docker' folder, is there anything else I'm missing for permissions?

Hi, where and how did you confirm this?

• 2 weeks later...
Loco007
On 8/24/2023 at 4:56 AM, Luke said:

Hi, where and how did you confirm this?

Hi Luke, confirmed through DMS on synology.

Is there anywhere else I need to confirm this?

Thanks

2 minutes ago, Loco007 said:

Hi Luke, confirmed through DMS on synology.

Is there anywhere else I need to confirm this?

Thanks

Can you show a screenshot of what you confirmed? Thanks.

Loco007
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Can you show a screenshot of what you confirmed? Thanks.

No problem, here you go, and confirmed as both local and internal user.

image.png.984b2ca8af2c25393c254cb7f042692a.png

On 8/31/2023 at 5:07 PM, Loco007 said:

No problem, here you go, and confirmed as both local and internal user.

image.png.984b2ca8af2c25393c254cb7f042692a.png

Are you using our native Synology package, or are you trying to run Docker on Synology?