IPTV Simple Client for Kodi

muzicman0

muzicman0

I clearly have wrong expectations or am doing something wrong!

I have Emby for Kodi Next Gen (current stable 7.x version) installed and installed the IPTV Simple Client.  It enabled just fine.  I went and chose to sync live TV through the Emby for Kodi plugin, which it appears to do, but nothing shows in the EPG.  Should it?  If not, how do you access it?

And...yes, I have Live TV enabled in Emby working just fine.  I can also go to Emby for Kodi plugin and access live TV through 'Dynamic' libraries.  But it isn't in a grid guide.

What am I missing?

Edited by muzicman0

quickmic
4 hours ago, muzicman0 said:

I clearly have wrong expectations or am doing something wrong!

I have Emby for Kodi Next Gen (current stable 7.x version) installed and installed the IPTV Simple Client.  It enabled just fine.  I went and chose to sync live TV through the Emby for Kodi plugin, which it appears to do, but nothing shows in the EPG.  Should it?  If not, how do you access it?

And...yes, I have Live TV enabled in Emby working just fine.  I can also go to Emby for Kodi plugin and access live TV through 'Dynamic' libraries.  But it isn't in a grid guide.

What am I missing?

Two possible reasons.

First, the EPG sync crashes, send me a kodi.log after sync and I'll review it.

Second, EPG path is wrong or disabled in iptv simple client. Actually, the e4k plugin should set them but maybe something overwrote that setting.

Edited by quickmic

muzicman0

I saw something that auto configuration has been broken by a Kodi change, but there was a possible work-around.

Automatic configuration from another addon · Issue #740 · kodi-pvr/pvr.iptvsimple (github.com)

Is it something I can manually configure?  There is a config created, but it's pretty much blank (for example, the path to the EPG data is set to internet, but no address).

quickmic
9 minutes ago, muzicman0 said:

I saw something that auto configuration has been broken by a Kodi change, but there was a possible work-around.

Automatic configuration from another addon · Issue #740 · kodi-pvr/pvr.iptvsimple (github.com)

Is it something I can manually configure?  There is a config created, but it's pretty much blank (for example, the path to the EPG data is set to internet, but no address).

With 7.X there are 2 files generated: "../userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/temp/livetv.epg" and "../userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/temp/livetv.m3u"

They should be used by iptv simple plugin. You can set the pathes manually as well via iptv simple plugin config menu.

This instruction is not valid for 8.X (works differently).

Edited by quickmic

muzicman0

I assumed it was a local path, but Kodi wouldn't let me navigate to it (stopped at data/), so I tried doing it as a internet path, but that didn't work.

quickmic

Than you must edit the file:

Use:

<setting id="epgPathType">0</setting>
<setting id="epgPath">special://profile/addon_data/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/temp/livetv.epg</setting>
<setting id="m3uPathType">0</setting>
<setting id="m3uPath">special://profile/addon_data/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/temp/livetv.m3u</setting>

../userdata/addon_data/pvr.iptvsimple/settings.xml

• 1 month later...
muzicman0

I installed the latest Beta (finally!!), but I still can't get the EPG to work.  What should the setting in the IPTV Simple Client be?  It currently is trying something at http://127.0.0.1/......

I tried changing it from localhost to my Emby Server IP Address, which then makes TV work, but still no EPG.  

quickmic
3 hours ago, muzicman0 said:

I installed the latest Beta (finally!!), but I still can't get the EPG to work.  What should the setting in the IPTV Simple Client be?  It currently is trying something at http://127.0.0.1/......

I tried changing it from localhost to my Emby Server IP Address, which then makes TV work, but still no EPG.  

Don't change the http URL. "http://127.0.0.1:57342/livetv/epg" is correct.

Are the channels available? Which Kodi version?

muzicman0

So I reset my PVR settings (in Kodi), and it kinda works now.  But it is hit and miss on whether it will actually start when I run the Kodi app.  I typically have to restart one or both add-ons (Emby Next Gen & IPTV Simple) multiple times to get Live TV to start.

Should timers work?  

quickmic
2 hours ago, muzicman0 said:

But it is hit and miss

Channels or EPG or but. There is a difference. Channels should never have a Problem.

Should timers work?  

Sort of, you can set Emby times via context menu but not possible to use the "native" Kodi/PVR timers.

Also I'll add some improvements in next version.

Edited by quickmic

muzicman0

Both.  Kodi banner at the top says something like 'Creating PVR IPTV Simple' or similar.  That banner never goes away and I get no channels or EPG.  Sometimes I can force it by restarting some stuff within Kodi.

• Like 1

muzicman0

How do I get that version?  I think the version on the beta repository is something like 8.4.x?  or maybe it was 8.2.4...can't remember for sure.

quickmic

It's a public testing version. -Sideload via Kodi's filebrowser

Addons -> Install from zip file -> kodi.emby.media -> Public testing -> plugin.video.emby-next-gen-X.X.X.zip

Edited by quickmic

muzicman0

It does the same thing.  It hangs on the 'Creating PVR Client' message.

quickmic
1 minute ago, muzicman0 said:

It does the same thing.  It hangs on the 'Creating PVR Client' message.

Ok, I need a kodi.log when this happens again.

It's absolutely stable in my setup (multiple devices).

quickmic

I forgot to ask, do you use iptvsimple > 20? Usually comes with Kodi 20+?

The improvements are only for this version.

Edited by quickmic

muzicman0

Yes it is.  I don't remember the exact version, bit it was in the 20's.  I am running Kodi 20.1 and using the standard Kodi repo to install.  I will get you logs when I have time to mess with this again.  Thanks for the support!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Loco007

Hi, has there been any progress on this? I have the same issue where movies and tvshows sync fine but after I install IPTV Simple Client and then select sync live tv in Emby settings nothing happens.

Can you please confirm what the auto fill settings should be in IPTV Simple Client?

Thanks

quickmic

It works fine on my setup.

That's my file, but is auto generated by the plugin.

<settings version="2">
<setting id="kodi_addon_instance_name">multimedia</setting>
<setting id="m3uPathType" default="true">0</setting>
<setting id="m3uPath">special://profile/addon_data/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/temp/2a38697ffc1b428b943aa1b6014e2263-livetv.m3u</setting>
<setting id="epgPathType" default="true">1</setting>
<setting id="epgUrl">http://127.0.0.1:57342/epg/2a38697ffc1b428b943aa1b6014e2263/E-data.epg</setting>
<setting id="m3uRefreshMode">2</setting>
<setting id="m3uRefreshHour">12</setting>
</settings>

I need a kodi.log for review.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
2023-08-01 19:33:23.991 T:2766    debug <general>: AddOnLog: pvr.iptvsimple: pvr.iptvsimple - LoadPlayList - Playlist Load Start
2023-08-01 19:33:23.991 T:2766    error <general>: AddOnLog: pvr.iptvsimple: pvr.iptvsimple - LoadPlayList - Playlist file path is not configured. Channels not loaded.

Seems you haven't synced LiveTV.

Please send me an additional log including the sync progress.

Loco007

Hi, I did select Sync LiveTV last night and have done the same again tonight - have gone back through the addon settings - sync - manage libraries - selected sync LiveTV and nothing happens.

I've done this  today and attached log for today, hoping this shows something.

Is there a step im missing to have liveTV sync?

I do also have Kodi Companion 2.2.1.0 installed on Emby if that makes any difference?

kodi.log