ABR Adaptive bitrate Streaming -

andersonrs45

andersonrs45

Dear Emby Server developers,

I am a user of the Emby platform and would like to request a new feature for the streaming server. This feature is the Adaptive Bitrate Streaming (ABR) technology, which enables automatic resolution switching according to the user's internet connection quality.

As you may already know, many video streaming platforms such as YouTube, Vimeo, and Netflix use this technology to ensure the best possible video quality for users, regardless of their internet connection speed.

I would like to suggest that Emby Server includes this feature, as I am sure it would be very useful for many users of the platform. This would allow users to watch their movies and TV shows in the best possible quality without having to manually adjust the video resolution.

image.png.7aa2d7090c265fc4cdc2977a885cfc08.png

"As you can see, I have videos with different resolutions and varying bitrates. I was wondering if it would be possible to add this technology to the server through plugins. I'm eager to hear your response.

As a regular Emby user and admin for 6 years, I always missed this feature on the server. Would it be possible to implement this technology? This would make life much easier for users without the need to manually change the quality of the videos, also avoiding transcoding, which would greatly ease the CPU load.

Thank you for your attention and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Edited by andersonrs45

GrimReaper

Hi, there's already an open request for this or something functionally equivalent. Please join in and contribute to the existing discussion at: