Per user TV Recordings.

GreatFlashMan

GreatFlashMan

I am sure this has been asked before, i did search but without joy (though only a quick search).

ok, so a bit of a bug mention and also a request.

Currently, a recording off live tv is available to all users. This should not be the case of course. So. i thought, what i will do is disable recording in the user setttings and turn off access to the recordings library. A solution for now..

not.

This stops recording for users, it also removes the recordings library from the main view. But, if you access Live TV you can click the recording tab there for access anyway. So, they are still available for all users - not the solution i was hoping for.

A user should be able to record to /Recordings/<user name> and have this only presented to the user. That user should also have the delete option on these library entries. Also, in the live TV view, if recording for the user is disabled, then the recording and series tabs should not be presented either.

These are pretty basic (in as much as they should have been implemented when live tv recoding was added) as a function, alongside the omission of per user playlist (why oh why oh why is that still "on the cards"?).

Hi, there's already an open request for this or something functionally equivalent. Please join in and contribute to the existing discussion at: