Title sorting problem

wordlover

wordlover

Is there ANY way in Emby to queue up and play a SINGLE album from a multi album box set, without selecting and queueing each of one album's individual tracks?

Happy2Play
4 minutes ago, wordlover said:

Is there ANY way in Emby to queue up and play a SINGLE album from a multi album box set, without selecting and queueing each of one album's individual tracks?

Note that I am aware of.  Pretty sure you would have to multi-select or create playlists per disc.

As for the Discogs issue just ensure it is not your first provider and that should not affect anything new you add.  Existing would require Refreshing Metadata.

wordlover

Thanks. That's a major frustration and the reason I and others have been wrestling with this issue so much. (And Discogs has never been my first info source.)

Edited by wordlover

Happy2Play

Really have only seen the issue with Artists, but there are too many variables and would need specific examples to test.

On 3/9/2023 at 8:15 PM, wordlover said:

Can't you just hover over the album cover and press play?

wordlover
On 3/16/2023 at 8:04 PM, Luke said:

Can't you just hover over the album cover and press play?

I am asking about a multi-disk album, where I want to play, say, disk 7 and only disk 7. Unless you can tell us otherwise, this is not possible in Emby without manually adding each of the individual tracks from disk 7 to the play queue. Otherwise after disk 7 is completed Emby will simply continue playing disk 8, disk 9, disk 10, disk 11, and there is no way to insert any other completely different album in the desired play queue right after disk 7...

How about if you add functionality to allow us to long-press the diskname (e.g. Disk 7)and allow all the standard menu options as if it were a stand-alone album?

Screenshot_20230322-202519.png

What if in the play queue there was a way to remove all starting from a certain point?

wordlover
23 minutes ago, Luke said:

What if in the play queue there was a way to remove all starting from a certain point?

Interesting idea. I guess that might work as a kludge, but the underlying usability issue is that there is no way just to select a single disk to play out of a multi-disk set. In the physical world, a listener can pull out LP 7 or CD 7 and just play it and then it ends. Looking for an analog in Emby for digital listening, to avoid the problem discussed at length in other forum threads here about how best to catalog/tag/import a multi-disc set into Emby.

• Thanks 1