Emby Connect login issues

yanksno1

yanksno1

Nope. Wished it worked more like Plex in that regard for finding the server automatically. Decided to go back to Plex for now, there was another thing I didn't quite like about it. If Emby fixes it, I might revisit it later again.

rbjtech
14 hours ago, yanksno1 said:

Nope. Wished it worked more like Plex in that regard for finding the server automatically. Decided to go back to Plex for now, there was another thing I didn't quite like about it. If Emby fixes it, I might revisit it later again.

As explained in the PM - the issue was that your client devices were on a 192 network while your docker emby server was on a 172 network.   Unless there is a network docker passthough / routing / fw opened up between them - then it's never going to 'find' the emby server (manually) or even less chance of automatically finding them as UDP discovery is local lan only - by design.

Plex holds all your user info (and all your media info..) on it's cloud - so yes, that is naturally more 'discoverable' - as long as you have internet access obviously.

2 hours ago, rbjtech said:

Plex holds all your user info

Actually, they own all your users as they are their users, not yours.

• 3 months later...

Did you try setting your docker container to host networking mode?