Emby Connect login issues

yanksno1

yanksno1

Hi, using the native Emby app on both my NVIDIA SHIELD TV Pro (2019) and Samsung Galaxy Tab S8+ I can't seem to log into Emby using Emby Connect. I enter in the pin, username and email it says it accepts it then nothing happens. I was able to sign in on bot my Apple TV 4K (2021) and my iPhone 13 Pro Max devices. Anything I can do to get them going? I lost my Plex server yesterday and decided to test out Emby, bought a monthly pass. So far I'm liking it but those 2 issues (haven't tried either of my Firestick's 4K Max and 4K 2018 yet). I was also wondering if there was anything I could do about the double sign in process. I find that annoying. Is it that way for other users (on my server) too? 

yanksno1

Okay, I was wrong. Looks like I need to set it up. I tried setting up my Port Forwarding on my eero router, but no luck so far. Does this look right to you guys? Doesn't seem to be working for me right now.

Screenshot 2023-01-26 at 10.11.02 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-01-26 at 10.12.17 PM.png

Happy2Play
12 minutes ago, yanksno1 said:

Okay, I was wrong. Looks like I need to set it up. I tried setting up my Port Forwarding on my eero router, but no luck so far. Does this look right to you guys? Doesn't seem to be working for me right now.

Screenshot 2023-01-26 at 10.11.02 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-01-26 at 10.12.17 PM.png

Depends on what you are doing as with that setup external 8920 port is forwarded to internal 8096.

Ideally you forward same ports internally and externally.

As shown on that page HTTP and HTTPS ports if you have not added a ssl certificate HTTPS ports will be irrelevant.  But you would create two rules one for each port.

yanksno1
5 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Depends on what you are doing as with that setup external 8920 port is forwarded to internal 8096.

Ideally you forward same ports internally and externally.

As shown on that page HTTP and HTTPS ports if you have not added a ssl certificate HTTPS ports will be irrelevant.  But you would create two rules one for each port.

So I want 2 Emby rules with both ports open? 1 for 8096 and the other 8920 in my eero port forwarding.

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, yanksno1 said:

So I want 2 Emby rules with both ports open? 1 for 8096 and the other 8920 in my eero port forwarding.

Ideally yes but 8920 is only needed if/when you add you own SSL certificate for HTTPS connections.

Emby Server Remote Setup :

yanksno1
51 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Ideally yes but 8920 is only needed if/when you add you own SSL certificate for HTTPS connections.

Emby Server Remote Setup :

The emby setup looked correct right, didn't need to change anything there? Only using the 8920 port now (at least trying to). I unchecked the port range option and selected TCP. The port is 8920. When I use the canyouseeme port checking tool it gets an error. So it’s def not working on eero right?

Edited by yanksno1

Happy2Play
6 hours ago, yanksno1 said:

The emby setup looked correct right, didn't need to change anything there? Only using the 8920 port now (at least trying to). I unchecked the port range option and selected TCP. The port is 8920. When I use the canyouseeme port checking tool it gets an error. So it’s def not working on eero right?

What does your port forwarding look like?  But you need to use 8096 as you are not using HTTPS so Emby won't be listening.  I can say when you had them mismatched above 8920 did show open.

Edited by Happy2Play

rbjtech
5 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

What does your port forwarding look like?  But you need to use 8096 as you are not using HTTPS so Emby won't be listening.  I can say when you had them mismatched above 8920 did show open.

See above - it looks to be incorrect ?

Should be -

Port name = Emby

Port or Port range = 8096,8920 (or do seperately if you can't specify multiple ports here)

Use a diff....  = NO/OFF (do not PAT)

Internal Port (should now say 8096,8920)

Protocol = TCP

Port Forward = YES/ON

Edited by rbjtech

yanksno1

Here it is now guys. I'm still wondering if it port forwarding is just broken on my eero gen 1 router. I might buy a new router just to see.

IMG_58816AD80AE1-1.thumb.jpeg.c58c941b9054fa524eb2ca6965efcc75.jpeg

rbjtech
20 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Have you checked your firewall settings?

An embyserver.txt log file would also help.

14 hours ago, yanksno1 said:

. I was able to sign in on bot my Apple TV 4K (2021) and my iPhone 13 Pro Max devices. Anything I can do to get them going?

I believe from the statement above, emby is 'working' ok - and the setup 'should' enable the f/w rules for you to remotely connect - assuming you have enabled remote access in emby.

Lets gets http working ok first - then we can move onto https (8920) etc.

Edited by ebr
Fixed typo

yanksno1

Okay, think we're making headway guys! Had to create a firewall rule and now is working! I logged into my account on my iPhone went off line and it pulled up just fine. Was able to log in using Emby Connect on my Apple TV 4K (2021) and here in the browser. 

Was able to (I think?) log in on my NVIDIA SHIELD TV Pro (2019), but I don't think it's pulling up the right server. Should I enter it in manually here? Anyway to clear it so the right one pulls up?

image.thumb.jpeg.8547ce1f04a849790d5a8bd223dca6ea.jpeg

rbjtech

I would go into the Shield App's - and clear the Emby Apps 'data' and 'cache' - and then relaunch it.

It should then find your server - the same way the other devices have.

yanksno1
10 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

I would go into the Shield App's - and clear the Emby Apps 'data' and 'cache' - and then relaunch it.

It should then find your server - the same way the other devices have.

Did that and nothing's there. Enter it in manually now? I tried clearing it a couple times, deleted the app and reinstalled it and same thing. The other option is to Logout of Connect. 

rbjtech
7 minutes ago, yanksno1 said:

Did that and nothing's there. Enter it in manually now? I tried clearing it a couple times, deleted the app and reinstalled it and same thing. The other option is to Logout of Connect. 

Hmm - is the Shield on a different network perhaps ? maybe a 'Guest' network or something like that ?

Very odd - yes, adding it manually should work, but it must be on the same network as your emby server...

Edited by rbjtech

33 minutes ago, yanksno1 said:

Had to create a firewall rule

Hi.  Did you create one for UDP as well?  That would be how the automatic discovery works.

• Like 1

rbjtech
3 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Did you create one for UDP as well?  That would be how the automatic discovery works.

I believe UDP 7359 is used for local network discovery ?

yanksno1
2 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

I believe UDP 7359 is used for local network discovery ?

Set a new UDP 7359 in the Port Forwarding or Firewall rules?

Edited by yanksno1
UDP

rbjtech
6 minutes ago, yanksno1 said:

Set a new UDP 7359 in the Port Forwarding or Firewall rules?

local f/w rules - the clients will be sending a UDP 'ping' to the emby server so it can discovery it - so the server needs to listen on that UDP Port - thus needing the incoming f/w rule.

(but this is normally setup during the emby server setup - so it may well be there - other clients have found the server - so I think it's something on the 'Shield' network that is the issue here ..)

Edited by rbjtech

yanksno1

Like this right? Trying also on my Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K (2018) and same thing happening there too. Tried clearing the data/cache, uninstalling/reinstalling it so far no luck.

image.thumb.jpeg.f9ea5c1c60f695fa745a1250904d8272.jpeg

rbjtech

No this f/w rule has nothing to do with your router..

What router is that btw ?  Model ?

Can you also post the latest embyserver.txt log from the emby server ?

yanksno1
8 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

No this f/w rule has nothing to do with your router..

What router is that btw ?  Model ?

Can you also post the latest embyserver.txt log from the emby server ?

Where does this go then? Appreciate the help! We're almost there haha.

Router is a eero mesh unit gen 1. 

PM'd you the log.

• Thanks 1