No compatible streams are currently available, only on 1 folder.

Dx111111

Dx111111

PS when I say folder I mean folder / library. I have 1 folder per library.

So yes, I know there's already 1000 of threads about this exact error. But mine seems to be different.

First of all, I recently had this exact error with some new movie files, which had really really long titles (and the folder where the file was in, had the same super long title). It gave me this same error every time, until I shortened the folder and video file. Strange, but okay, solved easily.

Now I have this same error, but a different issue, with my 1 folder of HDR demo files. They're all short 1/2 minute files, all in the same folder. All stopped working. They worked before. I don't think I've changed any setting on my demo folder. BUT when I take one of these files, and move it to my movie folder, then play it from Emby, it works. BTW the demo folder hasn't worked in months, but they worked before that. I just want to fix it now.

So I guess it must be somehow setting related. So I compared the settings for both folders. And as far as I can see, they're exactly the same.

Strange, right? Any ideas? Can it somehow have to do with the fact that the files are short in time?

I think the demo folder is set up as a TV show library, but I can't find where I check that. It does have some other tv-show related settings which my movie folder doesn't have. Could that be it?

I looked at other threads with this error but it looks like 10 different issues all gives this same error, and also many people said: do: "PKG install ffmpeg" but I'm pretty sure that's not a thing on a server running windows, right?

And yes I can probably fix it by making a new (movie) library for this folder and solve it that way, but I rather know what is happening for next time.

Edited by Dx111111

Happy2Play

Can you go over an example to include server and ffmpeg logs.

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!

13 minutes ago, Dx111111 said:

I looked at other threads with this error but it looks like 10 different issues all gives this same error, and also many people said: do: "PKG install ffmpeg" but I'm pretty sure that's not a thing on a server running windows, right?

Correct as Emby comes with it in the system folder already on Windows.

Dx111111

I'm sorry I just realized how easy it is to create a new library (and select home videos). It all works again now. I think it's very strange though that that would be the issue, ah well.

Emby sure has some strange issues sometimes (like the too long file name = media error). They should probably fix that one error and make it more clear what the problem is..

Edited by Dx111111
  • Thanks 1