Fixed problem in playback with DV and HDR10 in Android client 3.2.91

Fabian2101
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Fabian2101

Fixed problem in playback with DV and HDR10 in Android client 3.2.91.  ¡Please also fix client for Android TV!

I want to notify you that the problem with playback, with the previously mentioned files of Netflix content, which contain DV and HDR10, in my case it is completely solved, the playback is direct and without any transcoding, but for the moment the solution It is in the client for Android tablets and smartphones with version 3.2.91.
The successful test was carried out on my Philips 55OLED873 television with Android TV 8, on the Xiaomi Mi Box with Android TV 9.

Unfortunately, the problem persists in the client for Android TV, and what I use the most is the client for Android TV, on my four television devices to watch movies and episodes of television series in HDR quality.

I attach the screenshots, where you can see my Emby server, doing direct transmission with HTTP, without any transcoding:

620508055_CalidoscopioHDRenEmbyMobile.thumb.jpg.f53f8860c155761ba716ad50bd2515d1.jpg1764374964_EnaolaHolmesHDRenEmbyMobile.thumb.jpg.9124f9e316ecc7b08022b3eeb3692b2c.jpg875891793_MiradaindiscretaHDRenEmbyMobile.thumb.jpg.78699cd96b57a1872fe1f6030741911f.jpg

How long does it take, also to repair the client for Android TV?

Will you issue a statement or notification to inform that the client for Android TV is also already fixed?

Do you know what version number the client update for Android TV will have, when it's already shaved?

Edited by Fabian2101
  • Thanks 1

Fabian2101
7 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, thanks for confirming !

Thank you very much for solving this problem.
Please don't forget to let me know when the Android TV client is fixed.  Thanks.  Greetings

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Fabian2101 said:

Please don't forget to let me know when the Android TV client is fixed.

We will get this updated but, as is usually the case with Exo updates, it isn't just a drop-in change.  It may be several days before the TV app is updated.

Thanks.

• Thanks 1

Fabian2101
3 hours ago, ebr said:

We will get this updated but, as is usually the case with Exo updates, it isn't just a drop-in change.  It may be several days before the TV app is updated.

Thanks.

I am going to be attentive, entering the section of new Beta releases in this forum every day, of the client for Android TV, I suppose that you inform which is the new version that includes the last version of the already repaired ExoPlayer, in the following thread:

But I see, and I am aware, that it may take many weeks, or a few months for the latest version of ExoPlayer to arrive, already repaired, to the Android TV client, because since January 8 there have been no Beta releases. Greetings