Roodee

Hi All,

so, I have Emby for several years, after I head Plex for some time before then. In another thread here someone asked me if I used Sonarr and Radarr... I had no idea then what they were. So I first peeked at it, then looked at it, then I felt overwhelmed by what it all requires. I sidelined it for several months, before I thought to try it. Again, I was dumb-struck by what it all requires (indexers for example).

I did have Emby, and I like that it recognized my movies even though my naming scheme was nothing like what Emby recommends (> Movies , > TV-Series). Mine is, more or less, 
movies/<year YYYY>/<movie name>.(<year YYYY>).some.other.info.like.res.or.language/<movie name>.some.other.info.like.res.or.language.<ext>
TV shows are much more in disarray.

• So I installed Radarr, after I had decided to use debian as base-OS for the VM. And I thought Radarr would help me with my movies. Well, I had to correct my opinion really quick, I don't think it does help. Not with movies I already have. It might help with new movies, but I does have to test that.
  • Not to get stuck on a specific problem, I added Sonarr. Then I understood, I will not get very far without an Indexer.
  • So, I looked into NZBHydra2. I did like the looks of it, but then I decided to use Prowlarr nonetheless (at this point I purged this VM and started a new one from scratch, start from square one). I was lucky to get into drunkenslug for free, added Binsearch (free), looking at nzbplanet right now.
  • I added Whisparr as last one of the Servarr package, I am not sure I need the others.
  • I then added a headless qBit, and I started using it, just to test it. After some issues with it at first, I am quite fond of it now.
  • As part of my DLNA troubleshooting, I had set up another VM along the way with Jellyfin that serves the same movies as Emby.
  • Lastly, I added SABnzb. I had an Eweka subscription for some time, but it was dormant. I have to say I am used to download usenet article by article, and have some windows tool assemble it all. If the tool fails, I just kick the entire download. But I basically did not use nzb-files. That was years ago. (I first downloaded from the usenet in the first haf of the nineties,)
  • Planned, but not implemented, it JD2.

I have to say that I am not done at all. Populating Prowlarr with indexers helped to get all the other populated as well.

So, without adding any connections or dataflow, this is my setup:
image.png.ea64fca0d617070889df6d014e2cb342.png

I must admit I have not used the whole "Arr-"chitecture yet. Not once.

I usually look at what is "hot" and "Top" on the trackers, I look at IMDB for similar movies to one I like or movies from an actor I like.

• How do I get Radarr or Sonarr to match my path-Setup:
  1. Radarr: Year/Movie Name (Year)/Movie file.ext
  2. Sonarr: Series Name/Season #/Series Name E##S##.<episode name if known>.ext
  3. Whisparr: <Genre or Keyword>/Movie Name (Year)/Movie file.ext
  • How do I get Radarr to help my identify what is hot on a tracker?
  • How do I get qBit not to lose track of where the data goes after it was completely downloaded?
  • How do I get Sonarr prefer full seasons over single episodes?

Has anyone else here a similar software-setup and perfected all the settings and the "inter-software-communication"? Can you help me with my issues?

I would love to hear from others!

Cheers,
Roodee

• 3 months later...
cnewman402

Did you get any of your questions answered?

Using the following

-Radarr with Trakt Lists top 50 or whatever movies of the month.
-Sonarr
-Ombi
-QBT

and of course, Emby with my IPTV subscription and security cameras in it.

All the rr's have settings in them to decide what you want, where you want it, how you want it. I assume you already dug into this since this post is a few months old. If not let me know.

I did search all day on how to add XM Radio but found nothing. I started reading on the API's and thought about it, but not sure I have the time to devote to it right now or if that API is still working.

Next you should check out Home Assistant if you want other stuff to do.

Edited by cnewman402