Plex Meta Manager (Emby Support)

jaketame

jaketame
6 minutes ago, ronmramsayii said:

How are things looking with this? Just curious to know. I’m no coder per-say but if someone has a template then I can work with that lol

I’ve made some serious progress.

I'm unsure on my caching method as it stands and using Redis at the moment.

day job has been extremely busy and not looked at it for a couple weeks. 

I’ve not posted much to community so if anyone wants to get involved in posting out to public and having some structure then I’d appreciate that. 

7 hours ago, jaketame said:

I’ve made some serious progress.

I'm unsure on my caching method as it stands and using Redis at the moment.

day job has been extremely busy and not looked at it for a couple weeks. 

I’ve not posted much to community so if anyone wants to get involved in posting out to public and having some structure then I’d appreciate that. 

Progress to have it do what?

jaketame
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Progress to have it do what?

For now. Collection creation based on a set of lists from TMDB, TVDB, MDBList with IMDB/Trakt being worked on (via a conf.yaml file) . It will cache data in redis and compare items on refresh, it will cache emby ids mapped to the relevant imdb id / tmdb id for example to speed up creation. It will pull posters in from 'theposterdb'. It will record if any missing ids are found so that we can track / do something with it in future.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
cj0r

I just completely nuked my Plex installs, deleted my account, and officially gave Plex the f-off email. They refused to clear my account of any personal information along with past history unless I deleted it (and I have to wait 30 days before they actually purge and they refused to do it immediately), on top of this they wouldn't agree to allowing me to use my license on a new account if I ever came back. Bridge officially burned.

Bumping this thread again and cheering you guys on to get some form of PMM over here!

• Like 1

bakes82

What's this worth? 50$ per version, 2$ a month?

Plugin built into emby, with schedule task to recreate the collections.  On schedule it will pull list data from API, delete existing collection if exists and recreate and then log activity so you can see the history from admin ui.

Not sure what the other person is doing with pulling posters etc as the items will use whatever poster they have.

Im sure I could have it so the collection could have a custom image/schedule but this adds complexity and time = $$$ and this currently meets the needs of what someone else was looking for.

image.png.fce2a75ca26ddc5d3c74aaf44cc14a71.pngimage.png.f25dfa754380d36c2eaee30ef3c215a3.pngimage.png.6f005fa131de4bcf829983e1c3c63c48.png

image.png

• Like 1

ronmramsayii
2 minutes ago, bakes82 said:

What's this worth? 50$ per version, 2$ a month?

Plugin built into emby, with schedule task to recreate the collections.  On schedule it will pull list data from API, delete existing collection if exists and recreate and then log activity so you can see the history from admin ui.

Not sure what the other person is doing with pulling posters etc as the items will use whatever poster they have.

Im sure I could have it so the collection could have a custom image/schedule but this adds complexity and time = $$$ and this currently meets the needs of what someone else was looking for.

image.png.fce2a75ca26ddc5d3c74aaf44cc14a71.pngimage.png.f25dfa754380d36c2eaee30ef3c215a3.pngimage.png.6f005fa131de4bcf829983e1c3c63c48.png

image.png

This looks amazing!! What websites can collections be made from?

bakes82
25 minutes ago, ronmramsayii said:

This looks amazing!! What websites can collections be made from?

I have one plugin for MDB and one for Trakt, keep my life simple and the logic/api unique per plugin.  I wasnt trying to recreate PMM and all the providers in one big plugin that becomes harder to manage and more prone to breaking something because provider n doesnt support the same things as provider f.

ronmramsayii
1 hour ago, bakes82 said:

I have one plugin for MDB and one for Trakt, keep my life simple and the logic/api unique per plugin.  I wasnt trying to recreate PMM and all the providers in one big plugin that becomes harder to manage and more prone to breaking something because provider n doesnt support the same things as provider f.

Ah. That makes sense. Don’t blame you. Keep it simple. It looks really nice though. Great work!

bakes82
41 minutes ago, ronmramsayii said:

Ah. That makes sense. Don’t blame you. Keep it simple. It looks really nice though. Great work!

You didnt answer the question though, how much you willing to pay for a server-side plugin bult into Emby, I know there are some scripts that are done in powershell/python etc that can do this already but youd need to run manually/outside of emby.

Im not sure what other providers use as MDB feeds alot of Trakt lists and I dont how popular TMDB and other lists are

ronmramsayii

I haven’t given it much thought. But it’s definitely be a one-time purchase…. $10-$20 maybe. 

bakes82

Why is it one time?  Emby makes updates all the time. Trakt and mdb api can change.  This is why I don’t really want to offer plugins because that one time fee should be more like 100$ since you now want support for multiple emby versions 😛 

ronmramsayii
7 minutes ago, bakes82 said:

Why is it one time?  Emby makes updates all the time. Trakt and mdb api can change.  This is why I don’t really want to offer plugins because that one time fee should be more like 100$ since you now want support for multiple emby versions 😛 

You've got a point on the constant development. On that note... $2/month maybe? 🤷‍♂️. I'm a frugal guy lol