Suggestion and feedback system between user as admin

Ronstang

Ronstang

I don't think anything like this exists already but as the admin of the server I would like to be able to make custom suggestions to each user of my server on what they might like to watch.  Just like any streaming service my content has grown so big you can spend an hour looking through titles but since I know my users I would like to be able to create a custom "what to watch" list.

An example is my parents.  They are in their mid 80's and I have tons of movies from their time and many similar I know they have never seen so I would like to be able to create a list of things I suggest they watch instead of having them endlessly searching...which would overwhelm my dad and he'd just quit and go back to watching the useless news all day getting angry.  I have tons of rare gems in my movies that very few people know about and I would like to be able to suggest to each user of my server things I think they would like since all are either family or close friends.  I don't want to do this through texting or outside communications as it is clumsy but within emby itself so the next time they load the emby app there are more movies I have suggested for them.

With that being said for my own use I wish there was some kind of an in emby feedback system for issues.  My main issue is a lot of my content is recorded TV from TCM and my cable company is the worst on the planet and they have not been able to fix my signal issues for almost this entire year.  I never know if the movie I have recorded has problems or not until I watch it.  Because of this I have at least 2 or more recorded and encoded versions of each movie....but only one available in emby.  If the movie had any issues with bad signal if there was a feedback system within emby my users could report it in the app and then I could investigate and load a different copy of the movie or re-record next available airing.  This would help me as I watch different movies than most of them and would help me clean up my server quicker and get hard drive space back from keeping duplicates I may not need...but worst of all I don't want bad or useless content on my server if I can help it.

I would really like this for any issues whether playback,  bad encodes, non working subs or a host of issues that can arise.  At least if the user could report directly through emby I would have all the information of what happened, what file they were watching, what hard drive it is on.....etc. etc. so it would be easy for me to chase down the issues.

I don't know if this is possible or even how hard it would be it is just something I think could be really useful to all who are admins of a server with multiple users outside the house.

Cheesegeezer

This could be possible for a plugin when the user specific Plugin UI becomes available. 

Ronstang

@ebr I tried searching but didn't find those.  Yes on the second one that is similar to my request.  On the first no, that is different.  That idea is for personal use, I want to be able to make suggestions with a watch list to my USERS, on an individual basis.  So each user would se a different suggestion list from me.

9 minutes ago, Ronstang said:

I want to be able to make suggestions with a watch list to my USERS, on an individual basis.  So each user would se a different suggestion list from me.

Right, so if there were such a feature as a "To watch" list, this would be user-specific and it could also be possible for an admin to potentially add things to this list for other users.  I see that as just an extended use of that same feature.  So I would suggest adding your requirement of allowing admins to add things to user's individual "To Watch" lists in that topic.

Thanks.

ginjaninja

I curate collections for my parents eg "_ForMum" and use a script to remove items once they have watched.

bloomtronzero

Throwing my hat in with this request. I moved a tonne of stuff into Emby all at once, and I know there's gonna be some problem files in there. Some with wrong metadata, some where *I* labelled or named episodes wrong, and going and watching every single item myself is gonna be tedious. I imagine a user might spot some of these before I do, and it'd be nice if they could "flag" or even comment on a file to let me know there's something I need to do. Comments would be nice, but even something as simple as just a "mark broken" flag would suffice, so I know there's a problem. I know they can just contact me, but I'm the forgetful sort. Having it show up in the admin account when a user marks it would be killer.

7 hours ago, bloomtronzero said:

Throwing my hat in with this request. I moved a tonne of stuff into Emby all at once, and I know there's gonna be some problem files in there. Some with wrong metadata, some where *I* labelled or named episodes wrong, and going and watching every single item myself is gonna be tedious. I imagine a user might spot some of these before I do, and it'd be nice if they could "flag" or even comment on a file to let me know there's something I need to do. Comments would be nice, but even something as simple as just a "mark broken" flag would suffice, so I know there's a problem. I know they can just contact me, but I'm the forgetful sort. Having it show up in the admin account when a user marks it would be killer.

Hi.  Please contribute to the original issue linked above.