Sammlungen auf der Startseite

Teddyknuddel
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, Allstar86 said:

Hello I have the same request, on the homepage I have only movies and series at the top under my media, how do I get collections at the top also in?

image.thumb.png.afa2a3313ba65a8c8dc6ba6b49ca7166.png

No longer exists in new installs of 4.8 but can be readded with a little work via the API.

If this is not a new install, does the Collections tab show content in your Filmes library?

Allstar86
Just now, Happy2Play said:

No longer exists in new installs of 4.8 but can be readded with a little work via the API.

If this is not a new install, does the Collections tab show content in your Filmes library?

1. I'm not sure exactly what I'm supposed to do. What exactly is meant by "API "/Library/VirtualFolders/Query"?

2. Yes

image.thumb.png.7dff32b8bd84469f7d2803e002f3104e.png

Happy2Play
4 minutes ago, Allstar86 said:

1. I'm not sure exactly what I'm supposed to do. What exactly is meant by "API "/Library/VirtualFolders/Query"?

2. Yes

If this is a new install you have go to the Emby API LibraryStructureService.  Link is at the bottom of dashboard but per the other link in that topic you may run into CORS issues depending on your setup and where you are connecting from.

Allstar86

@Happy2Play What are CORS problems? So I have to go into the emby server directory and edit something there? I honestly don't understand anything ^^ Why was this removed? As with Kodi, it's really great when you can access collections directly from the start page. I have now purchased a Liftetime license and have one less feature than in the free Kodi. 

Happy2Play
7 minutes ago, Allstar86 said:

@Happy2Play What are CORS problems? So I have to go into the emby server directory and edit something there? I honestly don't understand anything ^^ Why was this removed?

On the Server Dashboard there is a API link at the bottom of the page.

image.png.04f791fa8e401bd9695e62232b77440a.png

Depending on your server connection you may get a error on that page as it requires localhost or https connection.  But next post in that linked topic tells you a browser flag workaround for the CORS issues.

image.thumb.png.9b5365826a378d12cc4a8611ea94d541.png

This is where you would paste the code I put in the hidden area of linked post.

• Like 1

Happy2Play
7 minutes ago, Allstar86 said:

When I click on API, I get this error message. 

image.png

Correct the CORS error so you need to go to the other link and adjust your browser flag for your Emby url.

• Like 1

Allstar86

I am now on it via my dynamic URL with HTTPS now it works I am on it. Didn't have to change anything, before I was on it with the local Ip. My question where do I find the exact "/Library/VirtualFolders/Query"

I have not found it.

Happy2Play
8 minutes ago, Allstar86 said:

I am now on it via my dynamic URL with HTTPS now it works I am on it. Didn't have to change anything, before I was on it with the local Ip. My question where do I find the exact "/Library/VirtualFolders/Query"

I have not found it.

You need to scroll to LibraryStructureService and expand it per the image above the you will use the first option POST /Library/VirtualFolders.  Since you don't have the library, a query will not give you anything useful.

You just need to copy the hidden text in original linked post and click Try it out on POST /Library/VirtualFolders and paste it into over the blank ADDVIRTUUALFOLDER field data. 

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, Allstar86 said:

Hey,

I have done this and clicked on execute, is there anything else I need to do?

image.thumb.png.8f3686cb1ca66dda74ee2719f9282ebc.png

Nope that is it.  You should see the library everywhere now.  Would just go to library setup and verify it is configured how you want it.

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, Allstar86 said:

Hmm, strange, I still don't see any collections on the home page.

Was there an error when you execute the api call?  As your image did not show the responce.

Is the library in Library setup?

Allstar86

Hey I updated the page and now I see collections, will it stay that way? Or will an update delete something? Where can I change the name of Collections, I would like to change it to Sammlungen in German.

Thank you for taking so much time. 👍

Allstar86

I changed the text in the code, now I have the German word for collections, but now I have it several times by mistake. How do I delete the duplicate entries? :D

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, Allstar86 said:

Hey I updated the page and now I see collections, will it stay that way? Or will an update delete something? Where can I change the name of Collections, I would like to change it to Sammlungen in German.

Thank you for taking so much time. 👍

You are good, only way to lose it would be new clean install.

As for the Name look at api  for name change.  But do not use my ID number.  You need to navigate to your Collection Library and look at the URL to get the parentid.

image.png.8b0c9468e08b6725403d6471ed3c36d0.png

• Like 1

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, Allstar86 said:

How do I delete the duplicate entries?

Looks like you jumped the gun.  You need to get the parentid for url for the duplicate or run the /Library/VirtualFolders/Query to get the list of libaries and see their ids.

input your duplicate library parentid here replacing string

image.png.74f69abb10405d1642f8335fbeff75aa.png

• Like 1

Allstar86

Don't make me weak, honestly now? I would have to completely reinstall emby? Is there no other way? :(

Allstar86

I went to one of the duplicates and at the top it says this in the URL
/web/index.html#!/list/list.html?C=94146&serverId=bf064b0b74824654a2b2ae700d9a99d7

Which of these is the ID, so again, what exactly do I have to do so that I can delete all 4 and then create a new one?

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, Allstar86 said:

I went to one of the duplicates and at the top it says this in the URL
/web/index.html#!/list/list.html?C=94146&serverId=bf064b0b74824654a2b2ae700d9a99d7

Which of these is the ID, so again, what exactly do I have to do so that I can delete all 4 and then create a new one?

Something is not correct there as you should see something like this.

http://localhost:8091/web/index.html#!/list/list.html?parentId=11683&serverId=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx45edbd86c96723848014

I would do the /Library/VirtualFolders/Query

and get the id from there but suggests 94146

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

Allstar86

Holy crap I'm not doing anything anymore, got the other 3 deleted and unnamed the first one. :D I have to go to sleep now is 04:13 am done with the nerves. ^^

Will this stay with me permanently like in the screenshot, even after an emby server update?

Thanks again, you helped me a lot and saved my ass in the end. :D

image.thumb.png.f01daf8428d74d3e10a300e87522b7a4.png

• Like 1

Happy2Play
4 minutes ago, Allstar86 said:

Will this stay with me permanently like in the screenshot, even after an emby server update?

Yes this will survive updates.

• Like 1

Allstar86

Hello, I still have a question, for example, can you also make a tab at the top like for anime collections, i.e. anime series and anime movies? Is that possible if so what do you have to do? :)

Happy2Play
5 hours ago, Allstar86 said:

Hello, I still have a question, for example, can you also make a tab at the top like for anime collections, i.e. anime series and anime movies? Is that possible if so what do you have to do? :)

A tab where?  But probably not.