Can't delete movies/shows on new Docker Emby Server build

RandyChuck

RandyChuck

Hi there, im hoping someone could provide some guidance for me on my new Emby Premium docker build. It's working, however I have this issue that needs resolving. Im pretty new to the docker and linux world for that matter. The issue is;

1. Cant delete movies and shows from the Emby UI. Error: "There was an error deleting the item from Emby Server. Please check that Emby Server has write access to the media folder and try again."

• Docker Compose running on Ubuntu 22.04.1 host.

I've read and understood as much as I can of these articles. If I could, I would grant read/write/execute to 'emby', but that user doesnt exist on the Ubuntu host. The permissions that I do have assigned allows Emby to play the media because the server is working great for playing movies and shows.

• drwxrwxrwx+  4 dan dan 4096 Nov 27 16:47  content (root folder in my user folder where my media is)
  • drwxrwxrwx+ 25 root root 4096 Dec  2 06:13 downloads (subfolder of content)
  • drwxrwxrwx+  4 root root 4096 Nov 27 16:47 media (subfolder of content)

I just updated the owner of the downloads and media folders to be dan dan, rebooted and that didnt help :(

• drwxrwxrwx+ 25 dan dan 4096 Dec  2 06:13 downloads (subfolder of content)
  • drwxrwxrwx+  4 dan dan 4096 Nov 27 16:47 media (subfolder of content)

Emby server log attached, as well as my compose yml. Thank you for any help. 

embyserver.txt docker-compose.yml

• 4 weeks later...
RandyChuck

Yup - still having troubles. I refreshed permissions using ACL but no help. I had been running 4.7.10 and just updated to 4.7.11. Also, no change. 

• 4 weeks later...