New Server Plugin: Emby Data Explorer

softworkz
softworkz
Message added by softworkz,

Works with the stable release >= 4. 8.2 and the latest betas!

arrbee99

I know I'm really good at missing the obvious, but... thought I'd give it a go. Installed, restarted, no sign of it in menu, clear cache in Firefox according Firefox instructions, no sign of it in plug-ins. Reinstall, it doesn't say it's installed already. No sign of it in menus or plug-ins.

Server log?

On 10/9/2023 at 1:37 PM, Multiverse said:

I've tried to install it on 4.8.0.51, but after the restart threre is no plugin inside Emby. But it is inside my plugin folder!

BTW: I'm running Emby Server on Debian Bookworm (Stable).

I'm having the same issue as Multiverse. Running the official docker beta version on Unraid. Here is part of my log if it helps...

2023-10-16 13:27:41.898 Error App: Error creating Emby.DataExplorer.DataExplorerPlugin
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.8.0.53
	Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
	Operating system: Linux version 5.19.17-Unraid (root@Develop) (gcc (GCC) 12.2.0, GNU ld version 2.39-slack151) #2 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Wed Nov 2 11:54:15 PDT 2022
	Framework: .NET 6.0.20
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 32
	Data path: /config
	Application path: /system
	SimpleInjector.ActivationException: SimpleInjector.ActivationException: No registration for type DataExplorerPlugin could be found and an implicit registration could not be made. Unable to modify itemcontextmenu.js (2)
	 ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Unable to modify itemcontextmenu.js (2)
	   at Emby.DataExplorer.Api.ContextMenuHelper.ModifyContextMenu(IServerConfigurationManager configurationManager)
	   at Emby.DataExplorer.Api.ContextMenuHelper.InstallFiles(IServerConfigurationManager configurationManager)
	   at Emby.DataExplorer.DataExplorerPlugin..ctor(IApplicationHost applicationHost)
	   at lambda_method87(Closure )
	   at SimpleInjector.InstanceProducer.BuildAndReplaceInstanceCreatorAndCreateFirstInstance()
	   at SimpleInjector.InstanceProducer.GetInstance()
	   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
	   at SimpleInjector.Container.GetInstanceFromProducer(InstanceProducer instanceProducer, Type serviceType)
	   at SimpleInjector.Container.GetInstanceForRootType(Type serviceType)
	   at SimpleInjector.Container.GetInstance(Type serviceType)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.ApplicationHost.CreateInstanceSafe(Tuple`2 typeInfo)
	Source: SimpleInjector
	TargetSite: System.Object GetInstance()
	InnerException: System.InvalidOperationException: Unable to modify itemcontextmenu.js (2)
	Source: Emby.DataExplorer
	TargetSite: Void ModifyContextMenu(MediaBrowser.Controller.Configuration.IServerConfigurationManager)
	   at Emby.DataExplorer.Api.ContextMenuHelper.ModifyContextMenu(IServerConfigurationManager configurationManager)
	   at Emby.DataExplorer.Api.ContextMenuHelper.InstallFiles(IServerConfigurationManager configurationManager)
	   at Emby.DataExplorer.DataExplorerPlugin..ctor(IApplicationHost applicationHost)
	   at lambda_method87(Closure )
	   at SimpleInjector.InstanceProducer.BuildAndReplaceInstanceCreatorAndCreateFirstInstance()

• Thanks 2

• 3 months later...
Dibbes
On 10/22/2023 at 9:36 PM, Luke said:

It’s been pulled for now because it will need to be rebuilt for the 4.8 server.

Luke, I'd like to have this plugin back, please... any outlook as to when this will be updated?

• 2 months later...

A new version is available in the catalog now which is compatible with stable releases >= 4. 8.2 and the latest betas!

Important: Refresh your browser cache after installation and server restart.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

arrbee99

Just having a quick play. Two things -

Maybe its my display / settings, but there's a space down the right that isn't used which would be quite nice

EmbyMediaInfo.thumb.jpg.c0e5575472ffa04dee87c6e83538bec5.jpg

and whenever I click on the Folder icon for backdrops etc it just opens a browser window with 'The Address wasn't Understood' ?

arrbee99

...though it occurs to me that I should try without my css

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

there's a space down the right that isn't used

There's a maximum column width. 

For example, in a case with only 2 columns, these would be spread too far across the screen horizontally, so you wouldn't be able to discriminate rows anymore.

10 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

and whenever I click on the Folder icon for backdrops etc it just opens a browser window with 'The Address wasn't Understood'

You need a browser plugin to open local folders as described earlier in this conversation. Wasn't it even your very own request to make that possible?

Edited by softworkz

user24

Having just installed this for the first time, it looks like it will be a very useful tool for troubleshooting data inconsistencies. On the very first random Music Album that I just tried (out of 1000s) I immediately found a difference between MusicBrainz and Discogs data (Discogs being incorrect). Using this plugin will therefore likely be much faster than having to first check via the individual data provider sites. Great work - well done!!!

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

arrbee99
13 minutes ago, softworkz said:

There's a maximum column width. 

For example, in a case with only 2 columns, these would be spread too far across the screen horizontally, so you wouldn't be able to discriminate rows anymore.

You need a browser plugin to open local folders as described earlier in this conversation. Wasn't it even your very own request to make that possible?

Oops. I guess I really need to skim a bit less and actually read a bit more...

• Haha 1