Trakt - Sync Failures

collateraldamage

sydlexius

So it looks like the website and the plex scrobbler are back online.  Once Emby is able to send a sync state, what would be the best method of pushing the missing data back up to Trakt?

claptnei

Right, Trakt back up. Same issue, Not updating some collections but others are. Watch history seems to update. Deleted trakt account, created new one , same issues? I think there is some underlying Trakt DB issue. Will continue to update manually as they are now roughly in sync with my Emby

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

claptnei

Trakt Plugin still not adding to collection, but does update watched history.

As an experiment, I installed the Kodi Trakt Razzeee 3.5.0 plugin. Guess what, works fine, and synced correctly!

So it is the EMBY plugin that is at fault.

• 2 weeks later...
claptnei

So a few days of seeing what happens. Still not updating Trakt Collected items at all even with sync task. Watched items updating fine. Uninstalled all Trakt plugin and data, reinstalled old version 3.4.9. Still not working. Now auto updated to 3.6.3, still not working. 🥵

collateraldamage

Hey guys, related to my original issue, after the downtime, there's a gap in my trakt history, but near as I can tell, running the scheduled task will sync everything and create dupes, likely locking me out of the api again. Is there a way I can sync the watched content from a subset of dates to fill the gap without creating duplicate watches?

Hi,

Yeah I'm still getting errors from the plugin. Instant failure on sync attempt.

Unauthorized
at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)

etc etc.  According to the plugin config it's authorised.  The token checks out with a future expire date.  I have another trakt app for something else and it's working.  Tested another.  It works.  Not sure what's going on here.  I dunno what the above means but it doesn't seem to be getting a chance to hit the trakt API properly.

EDIT:  Just reread the changed descriptions for the schedule.  I was under the impression that the plugin was adding episodes and statuses to trakt on that schedule.  What WAS it doing?  It's doing nothing now.....  I've checked and recent episodes are on trakt with watched statuses.  I still wish I could rate through Emby.  That's about the only missing feature.

So I have to manually removed this from scheduling to stop whatever it's trying to do.  It's probably still worth nothing that it's not working at all because it would be needed once at least as the description now explains.

EDIT 2:  I didn't check properly.  The plugin hasn't updated trakt since December 12 when there were some issues with trakt from what I've read.  I'm now noticing that I'm getting an API limit error when I look at another app.  The descriptions for the plugin are all over the place.  Some spots say it will update watched status etc on "schedule" and the new text says to only do the thing that was previous scheduled once.  It's not doing anything at all now since that date.  The API limit for non VIP appears to be 1000 (per day at a guess) from the other app error text and the other app does nothing remotely close to that so I'm wondering what caused this.  Was it the scheduled task?

Does this plugin update trakt without the schedule and, if so, is it affected by the same error that was causing that task to instantly fail every day?  (I only just noticed - I haven't checked the dashboard in a while so I didn't see the constant daily errors).

As it stands Emby is not updating trakt at all as of that date for me.

Edited by ferzal
Dopey
  • Like 2

Sorry (again).  Correction on above.  Trakt API limit is 1000 per 5 minutes.  The other app did approx 100 over 20 minutes and there's nothing else hitting it so I'm not sure how I went over the limit other than by fiddling with the plugin and hitting the sync (once).  The api lockout is over now and the other app is working fine.

But the trakt plugin with Emby is still doing nothing.  I would like to try uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin (or at least deleting config - same thing I guess) but other users comments make me hesitant.  Something seems pretty wrong here.

Edit: I found something in the log after shooting a tv episode to the end.  I've snipped short of this spot because it all looks good until right here.  This is the log file from when it attempts to update trakt to the end of the current log file (I didn't snip anything downwards).  There seems to be something clearly relevant in there.  I'm not sure if running as a service has anything to do with this but I've been running Emby as a service longer than this problem has been occurring.

This happens on all scrobbles etc.  Exact same error text.

Emby server log trakt error til end.txt

Edited by ferzal
  • Like 1

Just to be certain I played and paused a movie with emby running in user mode.  Same error on attempt to communicate with trakt.   Entire log here since it was only on for a minute.

embyserver.txt

Figured there must be a reason my posts were ignored.  So I took a small gamble and tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin with a new Pin - the valid token wasn't enough.  Unlike some other reports I don't seem to have any multiple-watch issues or anything at this point (will keep an eye on that but it looks fine).  I did have to do the "one time" sync to get everything back up to date of course but it appears to be working now.

Whatever happened to trakt.tv last month seems to have affected this plugin's app access entirely for some reason when others were fine (after the site recovered).  I guess the key is to get a new Pin.  Make sure you haven't exceeded your trakt api limit when you attempt it too.  I believe you can get locked out entirely for too many hits but I don't know how to check that.  I have written a trakt script for something else so I can clearly see my limits etc through that but I don't know where to find that info on the site sorry.  That script continued working fine after the site was back up without requesting auth from scratch.  Token access was fine.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...