Trakt - Sync Failures

collateraldamage

collateraldamage

Sync appears to have been failing for trakt for a number of weeks for me now. I've taken a closer look at the logs and I'm seeing the below in my logs whenever it tries to sync:

2022-11-07 12:32:08.093 Info HttpClient: POST https://api.trakt.tv/oauth/token
2022-11-07 12:32:08.992 Error TaskManager: Error
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.9.0
	Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
	Operating system: Linux version 5.15.64-1-pve (build@proxmox) (gcc (Debian 10.2.1-6) 10.2.1 20210110, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.35.2) #1 SMP PVE 5.15.64-1 (Thu
	Framework: .NET 6.0.8
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 12
	Data path: /config
	Application path: /system
	MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: BadRequest
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
	   at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.PostToTrakt(String url, Object data, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TraktUser traktUser)
	   at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.RefreshUserAuth(TraktUser traktUser, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.SetRequestHeaders(HttpRequestOptions options, TraktUser traktUser, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.GetFromTrakt(String url, TraktUser traktUser, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.SendGetAllWatchedMoviesRequest(TraktUser traktUser, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Trakt.ScheduledTasks.SyncLibraryTask.SyncMovies(User user, TraktUser traktUser, ISplittableProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Trakt.ScheduledTasks.SyncLibraryTask.SyncUserLibrary(User user, TraktUser traktUser, ISplittableProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Trakt.ScheduledTasks.SyncLibraryTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)
	Source: Emby.Server.Implementations
	TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

I've noticed that the syncs have been failing for a while now, and it's not super urgent to resolve, but I would like to get it fixed :)

Let me know if I can provide any further info.

I've tried clearing the pin and generating a new one several times to no avail :(

Edited by collateraldamage

collateraldamage

Ok so it looks like my trakt account has been locked due to duplicate plays being synchronised up, and looking at my account I've had to run through and fix a whole heap of stuff. The plugin has synchronised literally thousands of duplicate plays, and it's taken ages to clean up.

Have there been any issues of late with the plugin that could this? It's happened randomly to a small subset of my shows, not all of which had been recently watched at the time.

Hi, try removing the schedule for that scheduled task altogether. You don't need to run that task on a regular basis, just once on initial setup of Trakt.

• Like 1

collateraldamage

Is there any chance we can get the plugin updated so it's more descriptive with those errors? I only realised this was the case when troubleshooting another application that was also having issues with the trakt api - it's definitely reporting this information in the request refusal, so a more descriptive error would be helpful when troubleshooting it myself, and it would potentially save people from making posts like this :)

On 11/8/2022 at 7:44 PM, collateraldamage said:

Ok so it looks like my trakt account has been locked due to duplicate plays being synchronised up, and looking at my account I've had to run through and fix a whole heap of stuff. The plugin has synchronised literally thousands of duplicate plays, and it's taken ages to clean up.

Have there been any issues of late with the plugin that could this? It's happened randomly to a small subset of my shows, not all of which had been recently watched at the time.

Yep ran into the same issues. After going through trakt support to have them unlock one of my trakt accounts in my setup for this duplicate problem as well they pointed me to this thread.

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/trakt/issues/20

On 11/8/2022 at 7:49 PM, Luke said:

Hi, try removing the schedule for that scheduled task altogether. You don't need to run that task on a regular basis, just once on initial setup of Trakt.

Between github thread and looking around on here I stumbled upon the fact that my sync scheduled task was set to every 12 hours. Pretty sure that was a old default setting from earlier days of this plugin. So i have removed the scheduled task from running completely like your suggesting here and in the github thread. The problem I'm seeing now is without this sync scheduled tasked being enabled at all over the last couple days none of my new content is being synced to my trakt library/collection as being acquired; only the scrobbles of their watch statuses. So perhaps we need a different scheduled task if this one is only for the initial setup full sync of content and watched states? Leaving scheduled task disabled for now as I dont want to have either of my accounts disabled again on trakt for running this task even if I set it back to once a day.

Edited by BAS
  • Like 1

On 11/13/2022 at 3:39 PM, BAS said:

Yep ran into the same issues. After going through trakt support to have them unlock one of my trakt accounts in my setup for this duplicate problem as well they pointed me to this thread.

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/trakt/issues/20

Between github thread and looking around on here I stumbled upon the fact that my sync scheduled task was set to every 12 hours. Pretty sure that was a old default setting from earlier days of this plugin. So i have removed the scheduled task from running completely like your suggesting here and in the github thread. The problem I'm seeing now is without this sync scheduled tasked being enabled at all over the last couple days none of my new content is being synced to my trakt library/collection as being acquired; only the scrobbles of their watch statuses. So perhaps we need a different scheduled task if this one is only for the initial setup full sync of content and watched states? Leaving scheduled task disabled for now as I dont want to have either of my accounts disabled again on trakt for running this task even if I set it back to once a day.

I don't think we need another scheduled task to sync to Trakt. For that the initial one-time task + automatic handling of new library content should take care of it.

It's only if you use other software with Trakt that you might need to sync from trakt regularly so that you can import that activity into Emby Server.

8 hours ago, Luke said:

I don't think we need another scheduled task to sync to Trakt. For that the initial one-time task + automatic handling of new library content should take care of it.

It's only if you use other software with Trakt that you might need to sync from trakt regularly so that you can import that activity into Emby Server.

Well ever since my accounts were deduplicated from trakt support 7 days ago and my initial sync task was ran on both of them in emby absolutely none of my new library content has synced to trakt as being collected in emby. So somewhere your perceived function of new library content being added/synced automatically to trakt is not working correctly.

Edited by BAS
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Luke said:

@BAS @collateraldamage

Hi, please try the 3.6.3 update to the Emby Trakt plugin and let us know how that compares. Thanks !

I just did a scan of my emby library but new content is still not appearing as collected on trakt. To confirm I'm not suppose to run the scheduled task of sync library to trakt.tv after the initial setup of account right ; even after this update?

Edited by BAS

The normal library scan will only handle new things at that particular moment, so you may need to run the task once now to add anything that was missed in the past.

collateraldamage

sorry! trakt did unlock my account, i did a single initial sync and all appears to be well - i did do this prior to the latest updates you made to the trakt plugin though

i've also disabled the sync library task in scheduler, which i did have running due to issues many moons ago

it might be worth tweaking the plugin such that there's a button for that initial sync in the settings themselves, rather than scheduled tasks - that would remove the implication that it's something that should be run on a schedule at all.

Edited by collateraldamage

15 hours ago, collateraldamage said:

it might be worth tweaking the plugin such that there's a button for that initial sync in the settings themselves, rather than scheduled tasks - that would remove the implication that it's something that should be run on a schedule at all.

Right. The plugin uses scheduled tasks because the server UI will manage starting, stopping, etc. It's convenient for the Trakt plugin developer but not necessarily the best place for the user.

claptnei
On 09/11/2022 at 00:55, collateraldamage said:

cool beans, will do!

now I just need to get trakt to unlock my account lol

Thanks Luke :)

Tried that, Trakt don't even get back to you after weeks and being a VIP member. So I created another account and resynced everything from Emby. Only problem now is that it does not seem to update the collected episodes only thing that are played?

2 hours ago, claptnei said:

Tried that, Trakt don't even get back to you after weeks and being a VIP member. So I created another account and resynced everything from Emby. Only problem now is that it does not seem to update the collected episodes only thing that are played?

Hi, please provide an example.

Thanks.

claptnei

What I mean is new collected episodes are not synced. The latest episode of QI for example will not sync to trakt even if you use the schedule task?

18 minutes ago, claptnei said:

What I mean is new collected episodes are not synced. The latest episode of QI for example will not sync to trakt even if you use the schedule task?

Ok, please attach the emby server log from when it was first scanned in:

Thanks.

claptnei

embyserver.txtImported Gold Rush 13x09 and watched it last night. Watched status updated to Trakt. Collected status not updated.

Deleted Episode this morning. Re imported episode, still not collected in Trakt.

Run scheduled Trakt sync upload manually, Still not added to collection.

I have been noticing that the Collected status has been inconsistent for the last few weeks, yet the watched status updates work fine.

regards Neil.

Silly Question as I work in IT, why do software developers keep altering code to "improve" something that tend to break something that was working fine before. I see this every day in my line of work. If it aint broke , Dont fix it?

15 hours ago, claptnei said:

embyserver.txtImported Gold Rush 13x09 and watched it last night. Watched status updated to Trakt. Collected status not updated.

Silly Question as I work in IT, why do software developers keep altering code to "improve" something that tend to break something that was working fine before. I see this every day in my line of work. If it aint broke , Dont fix it?

Because you're always moving forward, whether it be new features, supporting new usage scenarios that you hadn't thought of before, resolving issues reported by others, etc.

I realize you have good intentions but when you tell a software developer if it ain't broke don't fix it, then you're essentially saying let's stop trying to make the software better, and that will not be good for anyone.

• Like 1

Strange, it seems like it found something:

2022-11-27 10:43:43.223 Info MediaProbeManager: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Execute: C:\Users\Neil\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\ffprobe.exe -i file:"\\NEIL-NAS\Documentaries\1\Gold Rush\Season 13\Gold Rush 13x09 Cursed.mkv" -threads 0 -v info -print_format json -show_streams -show_chapters -show_format -show_data
2022-11-27 10:43:44.102 Info MediaProbeManager: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Process exited with code 0 - Succeeded
2022-11-27 10:43:53.987 Info HttpClient: GET https://www.thetvdb.com/banners/v4/episode/9456491/screencap/6381bb564f8a8.jpg
2022-11-27 10:44:04.127 Info Trakt: Timer elapsed - Processing queued items
2022-11-27 10:44:04.127 Info Trakt: No Movie Deletes to Process
2022-11-27 10:44:04.127 Info Trakt: No Movie Adds to Process
2022-11-27 10:44:04.127 Info Trakt: No Episode Deletes to Process
2022-11-27 10:44:04.127 Info Trakt: 1 Episode Adds to Process

claptnei

yes weird. It seems to update some series collections but not others? this morning it updated 2, White Lotus and Rick and Morty, but did not update Whitstable Peal? Think will just have to put up with it and watched is working ok.