Intros Backup Support Thread

Cheesegeezer

2 minutes ago, jaketame said:

Is there an api for intro? Or can you suggest anything?

Your best bet would be to wait until we have some sort of supported storage mechanism to store the information next to the media files. Then you could just convert the plex data to that format.

jaketame
4 minutes ago, Luke said:

Your best bet would be to wait until we have some sort of supported storage mechanism to store the information next to the media files. Then you could just convert the plex data to that format.

Gotcha…. Roadmap already I’m guessing?

rbjtech

The Introskip backup plugin stores the introskip data in either a JSON (file) or as part of the NFO.   On the restore, It then uses the provider Id to re-match it and just overwrites the Introskip markers.

So if you just wanted the values imported - then that is possible - BUT both the Plugin and the Core have other dependencies such as the item intro fingerprint.   Therefore, an item Refresh will wipe the intro values with no way to get them back.

jaketame
12 hours ago, rbjtech said:

The Introskip backup plugin stores the introskip data in either a JSON (file) or as part of the NFO.   On the restore, It then uses the provider Id to re-match it and just overwrites the Introskip markers.

So if you just wanted the values imported - then that is possible - BUT both the Plugin and the Core have other dependencies such as the item intro fingerprint.   Therefore, an item Refresh will wipe the intro values with no way to get them back.

Sounds like waiting for native file support.

• 3 weeks later...
Edrock200

@CheesegeezerThanks for making this plugin.  :) I'm trying to use it with nfo saving. I have nfo saving on and emby has write access to the media volume. However whenever I run the backup task it fails, and the logs show this error:

2023-10-18 01:41:32.653 Error TaskManager: Error
*** Error Report ***
Version: 4.7.14.0
Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
Operating system: Linux version 5.4.130-0504130-lowlatency (kernel@sita) (gcc version 9.3.0 (Ubuntu 9.3.0-17ubuntu1~20.04)) #202107071335 SMP PREEMPT Wed Jul 7 13:41:16
Framework: .NET 6.0.20
OS/Process: x64/x64
Runtime: system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
Processor count: 16
Data path: /config
Application path: /system
System.NullReferenceException: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Intros.Backup.ScheduledTasks.IntrosBackupScheduledTask.<>c.<Execute>b__36_0(BaseItem x)
at System.Linq.EnumerableSorter`2.ComputeKeys(TElement[] elements, Int32 count)
at System.Linq.EnumerableSorter`1.Sort(TElement[] elements, Int32 count)
at System.Linq.OrderedEnumerable`1.GetEnumerator()+MoveNext()
at System.Collections.Generic.HashSet`1.UnionWith(IEnumerable`1 other)
at System.Collections.Generic.HashSet`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection, IEqualityComparer`1 comparer)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.DistinctIterator`1.ToList()
at Intros.Backup.ScheduledTasks.IntrosBackupScheduledTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)
Source: Intros.Backup
TargetSite: System.String <Execute>b__36_0(MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem)

Edrock200
On 9/29/2023 at 5:11 PM, Luke said:

Is this something in the works?

4 hours ago, Edrock200 said:

Is this something in the works?

It's planned for future updates. Thanks.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
ricostuart

Hi, 

So I've been doing some general sorting of my server and realised that when this plugin runs is never actually does a backup. I've checked all settings but nothing. Then I checked the debug logs and it thinks I don't have a valid subscription where I actually have a lifetime one.....

embyserver (1).txt

• 4 weeks later...
kyma

hi 

i have an interesting problem 

i have 2 emby server one on my pc and another on my raspberry pi

i have mkv file of tv series on my pc and i get all intro skip info for the videos and works fine 

i upload the same video files and use strm files on my raspberry pi emby server 

i got back up from my pc intros json files and transferred it to raspberry pi server 

i use the restore option to load json intro files for my raspberry pi

now the problem 

i managed to restore files for half of my tv series and another half can't be restored.

*as i said all video files are have same name and they are identical to strm file in another server 

plus request :

Now with strm extract plugin you can get all information about the strm file and will save info in nfo file in the same folder.

Can we see any update for the built in detect episode intro plugin to be able to detect intro from strm files ?

Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...
hjason7812
On 10/28/2022 at 2:17 PM, Cheesegeezer said:

Cheesey Productions brings you Intros Backup for Emby

Bringing you a way to Backup/Restore all your IntroSkip and CreditSkip Markers

This plugin saves you time after a new install or after refreshing metadata by not having to conduct the process of conducting the intro fingerprint and detection tasks from the core side.

image.png.523da0317e7b5bc3f580a44190758151.png

Available from the plugin catalogue

A huge shout out to @rbjtech and @elpooletfor all their help with this.

PLEASE NOTE THAT TINY MEDIA MANAGER CAUSES ISSUES WITH MULTI EPISODE nfo files. I’m currently working to get this fixed but stick to JSON backup option only to ensure your intros are backed up. 

This plugin works very simply.  

For BACKUP - The user can Write these markers to JSON files stored in a user specified folder location and/or write directly to the NFO file stored in the Episodes media folder

image.thumb.png.1099e6f2d19351e43b855480e9d83052.png

For RESTORE -  The user can select to Write information back to episode chapter information markers using either JSON files OR the NFO file setup.

image.thumb.png.9ded38daded1053fb5bc4ae078168466.png

BACKUP - takes yout existing markers from the episodes chapter table and will overwrite all previously backed up information.

RESTORE will overwrite all currently stored markers and replace them with what is stored in the backup

Shortcut in the Server Side Menu

image.png.18ea536e2e505d21635a1b1088dde51a.png

Setup your own timing for when to run the backup utility from the Scheduled Task Menu

image.png.fa4d3758b92d7b984a4d960d23f65c31.png

Backup Log Example with Debug enabled

image.thumb.png.2fd6c355e31e7d70bac71f322c384f13.png

Restore Log Example with Debug Enabled

image.thumb.png.017c84989226e6b78c1690f9f649a2bb.png

Enjoy!! Always a pleasure

this literally does absolutely nothing to my tv shows at all. this plugin just takes up space is all it does unfortunately. is the point of this plugin supposed to be where it finds and puts the intros to shows on the videos? because if not it is a misleading name to the plugin

rbjtech
2 hours ago, hjason7812 said:

this literally does absolutely nothing to my tv shows at all. this plugin just takes up space is all it does unfortunately. is the point of this plugin supposed to be where it finds and puts the intros to shows on the videos? because if not it is a misleading name to the plugin

As it's name suggests, it back's up/copies the Intro details found by the Core Intro feature within emby - as this is a very time intensive process on a large library, it allows you to restore them should you need to.   It puts the details in the existing NFO files if you use them, or seperate files.

The actual Intro detection is done by the Core Feature - which you need Emby Premier for - if you haven't done that first - then you'll have nothing to backup ...

kyma
On 01/01/2024 at 15:15, kyma said:

hi 

i have an interesting problem 

i have 2 emby server one on my pc and another on my raspberry pi

i have mkv file of tv series on my pc and i get all intro skip info for the videos and works fine 

i upload the same video files and use strm files on my raspberry pi emby server 

i got back up from my pc intros json files and transferred it to raspberry pi server 

i use the restore option to load json intro files for my raspberry pi

now the problem 

i managed to restore files for half of my tv series and another half can't be restored.

*as i said all video files are have same name and they are identical to strm file in another server 

plus request :

Now with strm extract plugin you can get all information about the strm file and will save info in nfo file in the same folder.

Can we see any update for the built in detect episode intro plugin to be able to detect intro from strm files ?

Thanks 

Anyone ?

rbjtech
3 minutes ago, kyma said:

Anyone ?

The intro restore process uses the Provider Id - if the source/destination files do not have valid/matching Provider Id's - then the restore is not going to work.

Unfortunately I have not seen the 3rd party developer for months on these forums - so full support for this Plugin is going to be limited I'm afraid.

• Like 1

kyma
4 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

The intro restore process uses the Provider Id - if the source/destination files do not have valid/matching Provider Id's - then the restore is not going to work.

Unfortunately I have not seen the 3rd party developer for months on these forums - so full support for this Plugin is going to be limited I'm afraid.

Hi as I said all the 2 files are totally identical,  file names , folder names , nfo names everything , the only difference is one is mkv file another strm file!

Inside nfo files for both mkv and strm files are also identical 

I have to say I have this problem for example for the walking dead tv series but I don't have this problem for Silo tv series.

Where I should exactly change to get plugin detect that files ?

Edited by kyma

elpoolet
22 minutes ago, kyma said:

Hi [...] detect that files ?

Hi

Can you share your file names ?

And the full path (eg : /mnt/embymedia/Series/The Walking Dead/S01/The Walking Dead - S01E01 - 1080p.mkv    or /mnt/embymedia/Series/The Walking Dead/S01/TWD-S01E01.strm that contains http://embydataserver/Series/The Walking Dead/S01/The Walking Dead - S01E01 - 1080p.mkv)
I already noticed slight processing differences between real .mkv files and .strm ones (not with this plugin specificly).

The only way to ensure accurate indexing is to include [tmdbid=xxx] or [tvdbid=xxxx] in the folder name.
As a plus, the full path of your files are not the same between your 2 emby servers, unless you have an SMB share (or equivalent) and use this as a path in your libraries.

• Like 1

kyma
29 minutes ago, elpoolet said:

Hi

Can you share your file names ?

And the full path (eg : /mnt/embymedia/Series/The Walking Dead/S01/The Walking Dead - S01E01 - 1080p.mkv    or /mnt/embymedia/Series/The Walking Dead/S01/TWD-S01E01.strm that contains http://embydataserver/Series/The Walking Dead/S01/The Walking Dead - S01E01 - 1080p.mkv)
I already noticed slight processing differences between real .mkv files and .strm ones (not with this plugin specificly).

The only way to ensure accurate indexing is to include [tmdbid=xxx] or [tvdbid=xxxx] in the folder name.
As a plus, the full path of your files are not the same between your 2 emby servers, unless you have an SMB share (or equivalent) and use this as a path in your libraries.

hi thanks for the reply

file names are identical i copy and paste the names to be identical only the file types are different

i double-checked nfo files for both mkv files and strm files , line by line , they are identical !!!!

i did something else now

i don't have 2 servers now 

i copied mkv files to my Raspberry Pi server and i have strm files also on the same server for both Silo and the walking dead tv series everything is identical (Full Episodes and Seasons)

and i did run Detect Espisode intros and detected intro skip details for The Walking Dead successfully

then i run Intro & Credits Backup 

then i run Intro & Credits Restore

for the Silo i got skip intro for my strm files  after backup and restore

for the walking dead it didnt work

how come? i dont know ............

Edited by kyma

• 1 month later...
On 12/7/2022 at 10:50 AM, rbjtech said:

Still not 100% with you tbh.

If I have 3 versions of the same episode -

sameepisodename - version 1.mkv

sameepisodename - version 2.mkv

sameepisodename - version 3.mkv

why would I not have 3 corresponding NFO files ?  

sameepisodename - version 1.nfo

sameepisodename - version 2.nfo

sameepisodename - version 3.nfo

the Introskip XML data in them is identical - but the other non Introskip entries will/may not be.

On your plugin - you write the Introskip data to all 3 - I've checked, each version of the nfo has the same Introdata - which is correct.

So if there is non-standard XML in the NFO (written by TMM) - do you really care - as it only applied to the video file that the nfo is matched to by name  - or is TMM not complying with the 

<episodedetails>

</episodedetails>

structure ?

(and if so, how is emby handling that ?)

Some news on multi-episode nfo files: 

• Thanks 1