downloading to wrong devices

MicMillon
Go to solution Solved by MicMillon,

• Solution
MicMillon

using Emby with profiles... myself/wife/kids.. as many folks, we each have our own devices too.. we're all able to stream from our own tvs/phones, but when we try to "download" content, the server seams to think all our devices are the same.. 

when i go to emby > manage server > devices - i see my device there, and each of theirs, but when on their devices and request to download a show, it shows up under my device, under manage downloads (and then shows up on my phone)

i've tried deleting all our profiles from the devices section of manage server, uninstalled/reinstalled the app in their phone. 

when i choose content from the server, select download to.. > son's phone, it shows up under manage downloads on his phone. but then when i look at my phone, it shows up there now too.. it seams that deleting all the profiles from the server, and then testing with his phone, now we're all using his profile for managing downloads..

are we not each able to have our own downloads??

Emby Server 4.7.8.0

Emby for Android 3.2.82
Emby for iOS 2.2.5

MicMillon

resolved this by deleting all device profiles, and downloads that were listed under "unknown" devices. quit/relaunched the app on the device, and it was able to download shows to the appropriate devices

Hi, Thanks for following up ! There have been fixes in the server and apps to resolve this so I don't think you'll see it again going forward.