Multiple selection of posters, backdrops, logos and thumbnails

CAPRICORNX10X

CAPRICORNX10X

It is possible to put multiple selections of posters, backdrops, logos and thumbnails
And emby will randomly choose a different one each time.

The logic behind it is to create interest and not get bored seeing the same pictures all the time.
For example put in a folder
poster v1 poster v2 poster v3
And every so often emby will switch between them
So on with the logo, backdrops, etc.

CAPRICORNX10X
On 10/17/2022 at 9:39 PM, Luke said:

Hi, yes this idea has come up before and is possible for future updates. Thanks.

I just can't understand, how is it that this kind of request is from 2020. And nothing is done?!  Anyway, thanks Luke

5 minutes ago, CAPRICORNX10X said:

I just can't understand, how is it that this kind of request is from 2020. And nothing is done?!  Anyway, thanks Luke

Hi, we monitor all of our requests for community feedback and use that as a gauge of what to prioritize.

Happy2Play

Personally, would never use this option but edge case like this normally don't get much traction.  At the same time the Devs are not going to come out and say NO this will not happen.

Any this is possible at a future date.  But the Future is never now.

CAPRICORNX10X

Come on...you write sarcastically...

what does it matter if it's an edge request or not?  There are requests that can be implemented.  I'm not saying right away, of course. But if I notice that the request is from 2019 - 2020, then by all means, implement it.

3 years is not enough to implement such an "edge request"?

In 3 years the priority didn't go up?  Come on...

Happy2Play

So you would rather the Devs say NO then say there is a possibility in a future update, correct?

If requests are by popularity, then will a one like request ever be implemented?  It is on the radar but potentially will not get looked at useless work in that specific section of code happens.

Should every request be implemented?

Personally, time is irrelevant to me if it happens, but I do not agree with stopping work in other areas just to implement edge requests.

CAPRICORNX10X
1 minute ago, Luke said:

Hi, we are working as hard and as fast as we can to make everyone as happy as possible. Thanks.

ok thanks for being "the flash"

8 minutes ago, CAPRICORNX10X said:

what does it matter if it's an edge request or not?

Because there are other requests which many more users are waiting for.

9 minutes ago, CAPRICORNX10X said:

In 3 years the priority didn't go up?

It's not like a work queue where new requests are added to the bottom and get processed in order. Unfortunately there are always coming highly anticipated items which need to be added to the upper range.. 

• Like 1

CAPRICORNX10X
4 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

So you would rather the Devs say NO then say there is a possibility in a future update, correct?

If requests are by popularity, then will a one like request ever be implemented?  It is on the radar but potentially will not get looked at useless work in that specific section of code happens.

Should every request be implemented?

Personally, time is irrelevant to me if it happens, but I do not agree with stopping work in other areas just to implement edge requests.

That's not really what I said.  You and luke are the ones who wrote that it future updates.  You are the ones who wrote that it is by popularity.  Isn't time from 3 years ago to today called the future to arrive?  If so, what do you think is the future w?  5 years ?  Or wait for it to be popular in 5 years and then add another 3 years to think that the future has arrived.

CAPRICORNX10X
2 minutes ago, softworkz said:

@CAPRICORNX10X - Nobody mentioned this, so did you actually know that this feature exists already for backdrops?

I did not know.  How is it implemented?  can you explain me please

CAPRICORNX10X

I really don't come with claims.  I only come with claims for the empty and worthless words, when they write it will come in the future.  Then I look and see that the future is now.  Frankly, I'd rather Luke write that it's not currently in the plans.  And that's it.  Literally

Happy2Play

Personally it depends on the feature and the popularity as it makes it to a to list but comes down to time if devs ever get to it.

Backdrops have always been this way.  You just have change image fetcher setting per library to higher then 1.

image.png.b381602764c8f2061d004c1027be52bc.png

Edited by Happy2Play

CAPRICORNX10X
1 minute ago, Happy2Play said:

Backdrops have always been this way.  You just have change image fetcher setting per library to higher then 1.

image.png.b381602764c8f2061d004c1027be52bc.png

And how does emby choose and replace them?  How often ?  in what way ?

Happy2Play
Just now, CAPRICORNX10X said:

And how does emby choose and replace them?  How often ?  in what way ?

You have that option per library, but since image are of provider vote system and provider order you could end up with the same images every time.

image.png.94cb11ba39bbdba277b96ce0e5b1db2e.png

CAPRICORNX10X
3 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

You have that option per library, but since image are of provider vote system and provider order you could end up with the same images every time.

image.png.94cb11ba39bbdba277b96ce0e5b1db2e.png

Ok. Thanks 🥰

You can also add as many as you like manually to each item.

They will be switched something like every 30 or 60s when viewing an item.

• Thanks 1

CAPRICORNX10X
10 minutes ago, softworkz said:

You can also add as many as you like manually to each item.

They will be switched something like every 30 or 60s when viewing an item.

By the way, what name to add them in the folder?  The first is "backdrop" and the second, and the third what to write?

1 minute ago, CAPRICORNX10X said:

By the way, what name to add them in the folder?  The first is "backdrop" and the second, and the third what to write?

backdrop2, backdrop3, etc.