hjason7812

hjason7812

Attn: Luke or whoever does this, 

I would love to have a section to request themes for our server on here  or let us know how we can add the themes we want on our server. 

Officially I would love different carbon fiber style themes Luke black,grey,silver,blue,all the colors carbin fiber Officially comes in because I love carbon fiber texture look. 

This shouldn't take any time at all I hope  

Also it would take a lot of work away from you to let us know where we can add themes at in the files or please add a plugin to allow us to add themes  I'm sure people would Like this as well I mean the themes you have to choose from are good but it would be awesome if we could use what we want you know. 

Thank You

have a great day 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Happy2Play

But at the same time every client has its own code and possibly language.  So custom css via the sever web client has nothing to do with online web client or any other app.

So without unlocking all proprietary apps I can't see this as an option. 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

But at the same time every client has its own code and possibly language.  So custom css via the sever web client has nothing to do with online web client or any other app.

So without unlocking all proprietary apps I can't see this as an option. 

It's not out of the question to have third party themes in more apps as long as they're limited to ones we've approved. The rules would have to be strict, but it's doable.

If we ever did truly custom themes, those would be limited to the built-in web app only as we're not even going to want to take any chances of potentially violating app store policies.

pünktchen

Custom css per app would be great and is feasible, because most apps share the same code as the web app of the server. An exeption is the Android TV app.

• Agree 1

pünktchen
4 minutes ago, Luke said:

If we ever did truly custom themes, those would be limited to the built-in web app only as we're not even going to want to take any chances of potentially violating app store policies.

The Jellyfin Android app has this feature, so there's no problem with Google Playstore. For other stores you would only have to ask them if it's allowed before starting of coding.

Just now, pünktchen said:

The Jellyfin Android app has this feature, so there's no problem with Google Playstore. For other stores you would only have to ask them if it's allowed before starting of coding.

Yes there is still a problem with the store. In fact, when your app gets taken down, the first thing they tell is that you can't use what other apps are doing as part of your defense.

8 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

Custom css per app would be great and is feasible, because most apps share the same code as the web app of the server. An exeption is the Android TV app.

There is nothing technically blocking it. The problem is what I mentioned above. Back when we used to allow it for the hosted web app we used to get takedown notices because you'd login to app.emby.media and see someone else's name and logo besides Emby. If people see that sort of thing, they'll think we're associated with it.

So custom css in other apps would mean colors and layout only. We'd have to make sure any use of images is blocked (so yes that would mean even background images). Any injection of custom content via pseudo elements would have to be blocked. And I'm sure other things we'd find as well if we decided to go into it.

pünktchen
2 hours ago, Luke said:

So custom css in other apps would mean colors and layout only.

And i think this is really enough for most of the people.

• Thanks 1

hjason7812

Was talking about a local plugin not an external one like outside of emby. Everything should be internal that way we know it would work for what it was built for and that's it  

Screenshot_20221004-220736_Emby.png

• Agree 1