Brightness cannot be controlled

Super1

OK that's strange.  I'm not sure yet why you're getting the desktop style layout but we'll try to chase it down. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

robpaolella
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

OK that's strange.  I'm not sure yet why you're getting the desktop style layout but we'll try to chase it down. Thanks.

@Celsian also has the Pixel 7 Pro, same issue. Seems to be common among that device (I know two others with that phone, same issue).

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, robpaolella said:

Display mode set to Mobile / Tablet, same layout and same issue.

@Luke Any suggestions?

Screenshot_20230129-093403.png

Weird. I got your same user interface by changing to tv display. Changed back to auto and got mobile. Try signing for beta version of the emby app. Or try to completly remove data from the app and start over. 

robpaolella
5 hours ago, Super1 said:

Weird. I got your same user interface by changing to tv display. Changed back to auto and got mobile. Try signing for beta version of the emby app. Or try to completly remove data from the app and start over. 

I've tried all of these suggestions and the layout and the issue remain.

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, robpaolella said:

I've tried all of these suggestions and the layout and the issue remain.

I am out of ideas. Contact support i am sure they will help evatually

I'm on a Pixel 7 Pro with Emby for Android v3.2.92, the brightness slider is not visible.

I tried the suggestions in this thread with no success. I did realize that I had switched my phones screen resolution from the default 1080p FHD+ to 1440p QHD+ and thought that might be contributing to the issue, but returning it to 1080 FHD+ did not yield different results. Regardless of the display mode or phone screen resolution, the brightness slider has not returned.

In case it helps, the brightness slider was available on my Pixel 6 Pro before I "upgraded" and the media controls were in the center of the screen instead of the bottom left as they are now.

• Agree 1

Hi!

I'm on a Pixel 7 Pro with Emby for Android v3.2.92 as well, and the brightness slider is not visible for me either.

Tried some suggestions from this thread but to no avail sadly.

Happy to help with testing or providing logs of any kind :)

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Xor_van_Dorf said:

To chime in, I also have a Pixel 7 Pro and I have the Android TV interface. No brightness control.

Hi, what do you mean by you have the Android TV interface?

Xor_van_Dorf
1 minute ago, Luke said:

Hi, what do you mean by you have the Android TV interface?

Yes, this is the same interface as my Shield TV Pro. I can't force the android mobile interface, as it yields the same result; always the tv interface.

I also encountered the same problem. The Samsung s20+mobile phone could not control the brightness of the video player. The first time the brightness bar was adjusted, the brightness bar changed to 0. Can this problem be fixed? I am the one who encountered this problem. Thank you~

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, bbbbb said:

I also encountered the same problem. The Samsung s20+mobile phone could not control the brightness of the video player. The first time the brightness bar was adjusted, the brightness bar changed to 0. Can this problem be fixed? I am the one who encountered this problem. Thank you~

We'll take a look at it. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
robpaolella

Has there been any movement on this? This has been ongoing since October. I have to fully close and reopen the app multiple times per session to adjust brightness.

14 hours ago, robpaolella said:

Has there been any movement on this? This has been ongoing since October. I have to fully close and reopen the app multiple times per session to adjust brightness.

Hi, we are looking into it. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
Celsian

Hi Luke, the brightness is no longer locked. Thanks for taking care of that.

The media controls are still in the lower left corner of the screen and the brightness slider is still missing on the Pixel 7 Pro.

Edited by Celsian

Nilsb7
16 minutes ago, Celsian said:

Hi Luke, the brightness is no longer locked. Thanks for taking care of that.

The media controls are still in the lower left corner of the screen and the brightness slider is still missing on the Pixel 7 Pro.

What do you mean by the brightness is no longer locked?

The issue still persists on my end; media controls are in the lower left corner, the brightness slider is completely missing, and when changing the brightness during playback through the Android settings/menu the brightness switches back immediately to the previous value when the video playback is coming back into view.

For me it's stuck on very low brightness, so I can't see anything on my screen while trying to watch videos during the day.

Pixel 7 Pro, latest april software update installed

Android Emby app version 3.2.92

Emby server version 4.8.0.28

Celsian

I spoke too soon. Changing the brightness was working for me, but it's back to being unable to be changed during playback. Nilsb7 is correct.

• Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...
Nilsb7
On 3/2/2023 at 9:06 PM, Luke said:

Hi, we are looking into it. Thanks.

Any update on it? The issue still persists so I'll have to start looking for other tools :(

Emby is near unusable for me on my phone due to this

Edited by Nilsb7

neik

I see the same on my phone when using the global brightness control but if I use the one in the playback (landscape mode) I can adjust the brightness.

Two issues though:

1. I agree though that is annoying when you're in a dark room with low brightness and when you start a playback Emby suddenly decides to brighten up your screen.

2. The brigthness control of Emby doesn't seem to be available when portrait playback.

Nilsb7
9 hours ago, neik said:

I see the same on my phone when using the global brightness control but if I use the one in the playback (landscape mode) I can adjust the brightness.

Two issues though:

1. I agree though that is annoying when you're in a dark room with low brightness and when you start a playback Emby suddenly decides to brighten up your screen.

2. The brigthness control of Emby doesn't seem to be available when portrait playback.

When running the latest version of Emby on a Pixel 7 Pro, there are no brightness controls available. No matter which portrait/landscape mode you're using. Changing the Android system wide brightness, or "global brightness control" has no effect on the brightness during playback in Emby.

See earlier replies like this one, they show the problem quite clearly. See also Super1's later replies for additional information.

Edited by Nilsb7

jamesphw

I have a Pixel 7 (non pro), and I also have this issue on the mobile version. I have no brightness controls!

I'm running the latest Android 13 (With the April and May 2023 updates applied), and Emby for Android v3.3.03