Brightness cannot be controlled

Super1

I just updated from 3.2.75 to 3.2.77 and it works now even tough the "cant adjust brightness in the quick panel" toast still shows. 

I also went beta to see if it changed anything. 

I noticed that i have a bar for changing brightness (picture) but i only see it if i am using my tablet. Its not there on the phone. 

I also noticed that on tablet the quick panel brightness works until i use the bar thenthe toast appears  "cant adjust brightness in the quick panel" and i cant use the quick panel after. 

Screenshot_20220929_173800_Emby.png

• Thanks 1

Hello. 

I am sorry but the brightness still cannot be controlled. I was only able to controll it coz i used tasker app to make it go full brightness automatically during the day and it seems that because of that it took control of brightness from emby app. Then emby would no longer not allow me to control brightness.  

i am now using 3.2.77 beta

Edited by Super1

23 minutes ago, Super1 said:

Hello. 

I am sorry but the brightness still cannot be controlled. I was only able to controll it coz i used tasker app to make it go full brightness automatically during the day and it seems that because of that it took control of brightness from emby app. Then emby would no longer not allow me to control brightness.  

i am now using 3.2.77 beta

HI, so why not turn off tasker when you use the Emby app?

I dont know if you understood. I use tasker now to assume back control for brigtness. If i turn tasker off i cannot control brightness. 

• 4 weeks later...

It sounds like you have something locking the brightness control and preventing the emby app from being able to change it.

On 9/29/2022 at 5:39 PM, Super1 said:

I just updated from 3.2.75 to 3.2.77 and it works now even tough the "cant adjust brightness in the quick panel" toast still shows. 

I also went beta to see if it changed anything. 

I noticed that i have a bar for changing brightness (picture) but i only see it if i am using my tablet. Its not there on the phone. 

I also noticed that on tablet the quick panel brightness works until i use the bar thenthe toast appears  "cant adjust brightness in the quick panel" and i cant use the quick panel after. 

Screenshot_20220929_173800_Emby.png

As you can see from this image the brightness bar. Well that is shown only on tablets but not mobile phones. And without that bar i cant change the brightness

We talked about this problem in other post: (cant double tap to fast forward)

Where you saied the brightness bar

"Ok yes it's hidden at lower resolutions but maybe we can adjust that threshold a little bit."

since then the update came from 3.2.77 to 3.2.82 and the problem wasnt fixed yet. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This problem has been happening for a few months, when will it be fixed? (The latest Android version 3.2.89 also has this problem) As a result, the brightness of the application cannot be adjusted under different lighting environments, and the user experience is very poor.

@Luke

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
robpaolella

Are there any updates on this? This has been happening to me on the Pixel 7 Pro for the last few months. The app has to be completely closed out to fix it. My family has 3 other Pixel 7 Pros between them and the issue exists on all of them.

The playback controls are also in the bottom left of the playback instead of the center. There is no brightness controller. Double tap to skip forward 10 seconds doesn't work. It's as if the app for the Pixel 7 Pro has reverted to a previous version. But really it's the brightness issue causing the most headache. Is there any plan to address this?

• Agree 1

On 1/4/2023 at 2:36 AM, robpaolella said:

Are there any updates on this? This has been happening to me on the Pixel 7 Pro for the last few months. The app has to be completely closed out to fix it. My family has 3 other Pixel 7 Pros between them and the issue exists on all of them.

The playback controls are also in the bottom left of the playback instead of the center. There is no brightness controller. Double tap to skip forward 10 seconds doesn't work. It's as if the app for the Pixel 7 Pro has reverted to a previous version. But really it's the brightness issue causing the most headache. Is there any plan to address this?

HI, what exactly do you mean by the app has to be closed out?

Super1
On 1/5/2023 at 9:17 PM, Luke said:

HI, what exactly do you mean by the app has to be closed out?

When in app you cant regulate brightness. You have to completly close the app to controll brightness again and then open the app from start to see the brightness you set

Edited by Super1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2023 at 10:44 PM, Luke said:

Hi, please let me know how 3.2.91+ compares once you have that. Thanks.

It works tnx

• Thanks 1

robpaolella
On 1/18/2023 at 1:44 PM, Luke said:

Hi, please let me know how 3.2.91+ compares once you have that. Thanks.

I have 3.2.92 on my Pixel 7 Pro and I still have this issue.

2 hours ago, robpaolella said:

I have 3.2.92 on my Pixel 7 Pro and I still have this issue.

Use the slider shown on the picture

Screenshot_20230129_114022_Emby.jpg

robpaolella
5 hours ago, Super1 said:

Use the slider shown on the picture

Screenshot_20230129_114022_Emby.jpg

I don't have that slider bar. The media controls are also not in the center of the screen like they are in your screenshot. 

Screenshot_20230129-080517.png

19 minutes ago, robpaolella said:

I don't have that slider bar. The media controls are also not in the center of the screen like they are in your screenshot. 

Screenshot_20230129-080517.png

Try changing this setting to mobileScreenshot_20230129_172418_Emby.thumb.jpg.68ecf5d4294bcfd5f7716b6fed4d035f.jpg

robpaolella
1 hour ago, Super1 said:

Try changing this setting to mobileScreenshot_20230129_172418_Emby.thumb.jpg.68ecf5d4294bcfd5f7716b6fed4d035f.jpg

Display mode set to Mobile / Tablet, same layout and same issue.

@Luke Any suggestions?

Screenshot_20230129-093403.png