Server Plugin: Transcoding Tests

softworkz
softworkz
Message added by softworkz,

The plugin requires Emby Server 4.8.0.50 or later

It's fixed. A new version of the plugin is available.

It requires server beta 4.8.0.58, though.

Thanks a lot for reporting this issue and sorry for the late response!

14 minutes ago, slevin7 said:

@softworkzFYI BBB Download is not possible, because the server is down.
image.png.cf478b777816a0f83c0ca67b37bccefd.png

Right - I totally forgot about that. 

I pushed a new version, please try again.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
JBou

Hi,

I just get this exception using Emby Version 4.8.0.67 beta. It was working correctly before Christmas. There must have been an update in the holidays.

Error in ExecuteRun
System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void MediaBrowser.Controller.Session.SessionInfo.StartAutomaticProgress(MediaBrowser.Model.Session.PlaybackProgressInfo)'.

at Emby.TranscodingTestPlugin.Operation.Transcode.SingleTestRunExecutor.RunTranscode(ExecutionRun executionRun, String outputRoot, SessionInfo sessionInfo, ExecutionHwDeviceSelectionList hwDeviceSelections, TestImageExtraction imageExtraction, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.Start[TStateMachine](TStateMachine& stateMachine)

at Emby.TranscodingTestPlugin.Operation.Transcode.SingleTestRunExecutor.RunTranscode(ExecutionRun executionRun, String outputRoot, SessionInfo sessionInfo, ExecutionHwDeviceSelectionList hwDeviceSelections, TestImageExtraction imageExtraction, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at Emby.TranscodingTestPlugin.Operation.Transcode.TestRunExecutor.ExecuteRun(ExecutionRun run, String outputFolder, SessionInfo sessionInfo)

Additionally, the link "https://download.blender.org/demo/movies/BBB/bbb_sunflower_2160p_30fps_normal.mp4" is not working anymore. It has been moved to a zip file: "https://download.blender.org/demo/movies/BBB/bbb_sunflower_2160p_30fps_normal.mp4.zip"

And last but not least, the HTML tags are not rendered correctly:

image.png.dd4c0e3a0d28d61f4d85a297babb404e.png

Greetings, JBou

3 hours ago, JBou said:

Hi,

I just get this exception using Emby Version 4.8.0.67 beta. It was working correctly before Christmas. There must have been an update in the holidays.

Error in ExecuteRun
System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void MediaBrowser.Controller.Session.SessionInfo.StartAutomaticProgress(MediaBrowser.Model.Session.PlaybackProgressInfo)'.

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.Start[TStateMachine](TStateMachine& stateMachine)

at Emby.TranscodingTestPlugin.Operation.Transcode.TestRunExecutor.ExecuteRun(ExecutionRun run, String outputFolder, SessionInfo sessionInfo)

Additionally, the link "https://download.blender.org/demo/movies/BBB/bbb_sunflower_2160p_30fps_normal.mp4" is not working anymore. It has been moved to a zip file: "https://download.blender.org/demo/movies/BBB/bbb_sunflower_2160p_30fps_normal.mp4.zip"

And last but not least, the HTML tags are not rendered correctly:

image.png.dd4c0e3a0d28d61f4d85a297babb404e.png

Greetings, JBou

Thanks, we'll take a look.

• Like 1

Hi, 

there's a new version out now: 4.8.0.67

@Lukehas fixed the compatibility issue and I've added a few long-due fixes:

• Fix BBB video download URL
  • Fix error when executing directly after plan creation
  • Fix display text (markup removed)
  • Fix scrolling in test run selection (full-screen) dialog
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Don't know how it got lost. I've just re-uploaded, can you try again?

Edited by softworkz

whytea

Hello

I wanted to try out this plugin.
I've installed and configured it like described in the first 2 post but it seems not to work.

If I try to start a testrun It seems to start but remains at:

Finishing Up

Review runs and name the plan
Calculating Test Runs
Please wait while all possible test executions are being calculated

Don't know where my mistake is. Please help.

-
Daniel

cool0007

Hello! Test results, thanks for the excellent service!😀

MiniPC Morefine M9, Intel N100 Alder Lake-N UHD Graphics, 32 Gb SODIMM Kingston ValueRAM KVR32S22D8
Ubuntu Server 23.10 Linux 6.5.0-17-generic x86_64, Emby server Version 4.9.0.2 beta Docker Container
Test file input/output folder, ext4 - disc NVME ADATA XPG GAMMIX S5
Container emby data folder, ext4 - disc SATA TRANSCEND M.2 425S 1Tb

Execution on 2024-02-12 1751h.etra

Monosnap Transcoding Tests - Google Chrome 2024-02.jpg

Monosnap Transcoding Tests - Google Chrome 2024-021.jpg

Edited by cool0007

15 hours ago, whytea said:

Hello

I wanted to try out this plugin.
I've installed and configured it like described in the first 2 post but it seems not to work.

If I try to start a testrun It seems to start but remains at:

Finishing Up

Review runs and name the plan
Calculating Test Runs
Please wait while all possible test executions are being calculated

Don't know where my mistake is. Please help.

Please check whether you have the latest version installed (4.8.0.67).

Then, you can try doing it in two steps:

• When creating the plan, don't check the checkbox to run it and just finish the wizard instead to complete the test plan generation
  • Then, when you see the test plan, click the three-dot menu follow the run-wizard

Please let us know how far you get this way. If there's still an error please post the Emby Server log file (restart the server before reproducing, so the log only includes the attempt to perform a test run).

Thanks

whytea
20 hours ago, softworkz said:

Please check whether you have the latest version installed (4.8.0.67).

Then, you can try doing it in two steps:

• When creating the plan, don't check the checkbox to run it and just finish the wizard instead to complete the test plan generation
  • Then, when you see the test plan, click the three-dot menu follow the run-wizard

Please let us know how far you get this way. If there's still an error please post the Emby Server log file (restart the server before reproducing, so the log only includes the attempt to perform a test run).

Thanks

Yes, the latest version is installed.
If I try to create the plan I don't came to the step of nameming the test or the step of the checkbox whixh you discribed. I think it is the step before where it hangs.

Here is the log which you ask for.

Thanks for your help.

embyserver1.txt

Thanks for the log! I'm seeing a lot of messages like this:

image.png.9393a010c24c8cee81a18bc83d6fdc58.png

Do you have a reverse proxy configuration, VPN or similar?

@Luke- Could these message be a reason for websocket messages not working?

@whytea- You can try this as a workaround: When it hangs, wait for 10s, then:

• Either hit F5 in your browser and see whether the wizard is still there
  • Or click on the area around the wizard window, you'll get a message whether to hide only (without cancelling). Confirm this, navigate to another page (sidebar) and then back. The wizard should re-appear

Note that non-working websocket will hit you at various places later. Especially, you won't see realtime updates when the tests are running, so getting the network connection right would be the primary remedy.

@whyteaif you need those headers to be accepted then you'll want to configure the proxy header option in server network settings to accept everything,.

whytea
15 hours ago, softworkz said:

@whytea- You can try this as a workaround: When it hangs, wait for 10s, then:

• Or click on the area around the wizard window, you'll get a message whether to hide only (without cancelling). Confirm this, navigate to another page (sidebar) and then back. The wizard should re-appear

Note that non-working websocket will hit you at various places later. Especially, you won't see realtime updates when the tests are running, so getting the network connection right would be the primary remedy.

Ok this worked.

Now I have to fix the non-working websocket connection. But I don't know how. 😕

• Like 1

whytea

Okay I'm a step further.

If I use the local IP to connect to the emby server everything work fine.

If I use the external address https://myservername:8920 to connect the above mentioned scenario appears.

• 1 month later...
rb9999

Stupid question I know, but how do I view the transcoding test reports?  I am running Emby in a Proxmox Container and when I click on the report I get an unable to find file error.  I have installed the plug in recommended to view the report but I can't make the connection from my windows PC to the container running Emby.  I can open the file in VSCODE but it isn't formatted in any way.  How can I just download the file to my PC and just view it properly?

7 hours ago, rb9999 said:

Stupid question I know, but how do I view the transcoding test reports?  I am running Emby in a Proxmox Container and when I click on the report I get an unable to find file error.  I have installed the plug in recommended to view the report but I can't make the connection from my windows PC to the container running Emby.  I can open the file in VSCODE but it isn't formatted in any way.  How can I just download the file to my PC and just view it properly?

HI, what is the full error?