Quicksync docker

chacawaca

chacawaca

I want to know if it is possible to configure quicksync instead of vaapi with your official docker ? 

Hi, yes it is. Just FYI the 4.8 beta channel has updated Intel drivers in case quicksync is not detected on 4.7. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
samuelqwe

I have both QuickSync and VAAPI with the official stable Emby Docker container. Haven't done anything special other than the adding /dev/dri device to the container, but I also did this years before QuickSync was added to the Docker version of Emby.

Edited by samuelqwe

Q-Droid
9 hours ago, chacawaca said:

had try both stable and lasted beta docker and only VAAPI is available as option. 

What's your CPU?

• 3 months later...
jscoys
On 9/17/2022 at 1:04 PM, Q-Droid said:

It's a known issue with 12th gen Intel on Linux and being worked on. 

Nooooooooo just bought an I9 12th gen Intel and whatever I expose /dev/dri or /dev/dri/renderD128 in the docker-compose file it doesn't work...

I guess it's an issue with Linux, can't do anything as a workaround right?

Q-Droid

VAAPI should work. If it doesn't then make sure all of the other requirements are met. QSV was still a work in progress but it's been a while so I don't know that's done or close to being there.

• 10 months later...
rathmore

Just fyi; Currently running the ASUS Prime N100I-D D4 with the beta-4.8.0.60-ls250 docker image

Ubuntu server 22.04 with 6.2.0-36-generic kernel (sudo apt install linux-image-generic-hwe-22.04 to pull it in) and as samuelqwe stated add the /dev/dri to the container

With hardware acceleration enabled on both decoding and encoding, QSV and VAAPI available

Just as a simple example:
image.png.dbf490b5f20a76aa32a4fc2d2e98682f.png