Jump to content

PersonNfoProvider still runs even if exist actor id is provided.


Josephus
 Share

Recommended Posts

Josephus

I obtained metadata containing actor information from TMDB. After I manually modified the actor name, I also modified the movie introduction and save with the prompt modal panel. At this time, I saw that the information sent by the POST request contained the original actor id, but The PersonNfoProvider in the background is still running again, and because the actor name has been modified, it cannot be obtained at this time, so a new actor is generated.

Tried different versions of TMDB plugin, but I think this wasn't a problem sometime before. Wondering why.

@Luke

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Josephus

The case is that I made a script to translate all English names to my local language (from TMDB orther names or Google Translation). However I recently realized that the any modification on web interface of the metadata lead to a rescan of the person from the name which was provided, and the translation version name cannot trace back and successfully search to its origin, however the internal ID was found in the POST data of the modification, and I think there is something wrong that triggers a rescan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Josephus

It seems that modifying any metadata (intro, title) will trigger a refresh of all Persons data

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, the nfo provider always runs, but if you don't have nfo then it won't matter 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Josephus
22 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, the nfo provider always runs, but if you don't have nfo then it won't matter 

That's the trouble my dear Mr. Luke. There is no NFO in the media path, and I am sure that I have disabled the NFO generation, only if there is a NFO will it be read I think, but now there's not.

And I humbly beg you to recheck what I am trying to tell you: it is that when I modified anything like intro in the web surface, it triggers PersonNfoProvider to rescrape the persons data from tmdb, even if the original internal person ID was not changed, as I can see it in the API post call. It won't cause anything wrong, except I have modified the name of the person to another language, and it failed to be refound by name during the PersonNfoProvider process, as I can see that in the logs.

And I think you can just rename a person to some name else, and then modify the intro of the movie or the whole tv show, then it wrongly triggers the rescan of the person by name, and fails to get any, leading to a new blank person's data and ID to be generated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Josephus

API calls seem to do the same. I think it's just the same as Web UI.

I'm not newcomer and I'm pretty sure what I'm talking about.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Josephus
35 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, the nfo provider always runs, but if you don't have nfo then it won't matter 

And I can also ensure you thatnothing changed after I disabled everything on NFO, read and write. @Luke

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Josephus

I would like to give a brief example:

There is a movie called "Movie", and a person called "San Zhang" stared in it. I rename him "张三", which is different from it was and cannot be reverse searched on TMDB. Then wired things happened when I tried to modify the intro, when I saved with only modifications on intro, the persons are also rescaned, thus leading to "San Zhang"'s not found as he is now searched by  "张三", and Emby just take  "张三" as a new person, giving him an ID and a blank data. @Happy2Play

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Happy2Play
On 8/5/2022 at 9:30 AM, Josephus said:

I would like to give a brief example:

There is a movie called "Movie", and a person called "San Zhang" stared in it. I rename him "张三", which is different from it was and cannot be reverse searched on TMDB. Then wired things happened when I tried to modify the intro, when I saved with only modifications on intro, the persons are also rescaned, thus leading to "San Zhang"'s not found as he is now searched by  "张三", and Emby just take  "张三" as a new person, giving him an ID and a blank data. @Happy2Play

 

Is that person in that media?  What is the providerid for Movie as I don't see that person in the ones I see.

How are you renaming the person, in the media or the person?  But sounds like you are breaking the database linking for the person to the media.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Josephus
On 8/12/2022 at 6:57 AM, Happy2Play said:

Is that person in that media?  What is the providerid for Movie as I don't see that person in the ones I see.

How are you renaming the person, in the media or the person?  But sounds like you are breaking the database linking for the person to the media.

It is a rare case, and I fixed it by myself with some hack. Most users won't modify the English names of actors to non-s, so take it easy and never mind that.

Probably Luke should consider disabling FTS on these non-search needed functions. And I am quite sure that English and other latin lettter language users won't meet the situation. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...