Just Wondering Why Emby TV App gets ignored? Other Apps Are Updated

NeverExists

pdclark

The major problem with side loading the app is you cant fast forward / skip ahead with any recording in progress.

Piece of cake with AndroidTV

tom.spinelli@gmail.com

Agreed. Sticking with Emby for Android TV for now. Works great. I can deal with the old look. It works perfectly 

On 8/27/2023 at 1:09 AM, tom.spinelli@gmail.com said:

Maybe it's the just size then

The TV app is following Google's standards for 10' UI presentation.  Aren't the font sizes very similar to what you see in, say, Netflix on the same device?

Also notice that you can see the description without having to scroll...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
mrmorrison

I agree with people who prefer the Android TV app. Lately the Androdid app (not TV) has made many steps forward (I test it every now and then, downloading it) but although it is more aesthetically appealing than the "old" Android TV and although it offers the possibility of managing the server, I encounter several problems which instead I don't match with the Android TV app.

One of these, very annoying, is that the audio sometimes suddenly jumps for a second (I use an optical cable).
Or that after some use the menu becomes slow and no longer fluid.

I could turn a blind eye to the menu but I really can't get the audio skipping right.

So I still prefer Android TV

• Like 1

JoaoPedroBelo

I think having both apps on the Android TV store would be nice. The user would have the option to choose which app they like more.

I use the Android app on TV and for me works fine better than Plex tbh. The UI is way better than the Android TV app, but sideloading each update is a pain.

• Like 1

Locutus64

IMO sideloading should be reserved for phones only, and then only as a last resort. I like the idea of having both Emby apps in the store so we can see which we like better. 

• Like 1

rbjtech
49 minutes ago, JoaoPedroBelo said:

The UI is way better than the Android TV app, but sideloading each update is a pain.

'Design' - maybe, but functionality wise - the AndroidTV App using a Remote (99.9% of TV usage..) has many advantages over the cumbersome Android App.    Try and select chapters, thumbnails, seeking, stats for nerds, even selecting the Audio/Subtitle is just less button presses and a better overall experience than with the Android App.

The ideal platform is of course a combo of the two - speed, fluidity, TV focused functionality of the AndroidTV App - with the looks of the Android interface...  🤔

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

JoaoPedroBelo
10 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

'Design' - maybe, but functionality wise - the AndroidTV App using a Remote (99.9% of TV usage..) has many advantages over the cumbersome Android App.    Try and select chapters, thumbnails, seeking, stats for nerds, even selecting the Audio/Subtitle is just less button presses and a better overall experience than with the Android App.

The ideal platform is of course a combo of the two - speed, fluidity, TV focused functionality of the AndroidTV App - with the looks of the Android interface...  🤔

It will always depend on the user preference; that's my point in suggesting the two apps on the store.

1 hour ago, JoaoPedroBelo said:

yh sideloading on a Chromecast 😕, I need 2 apps for that and 1 PC.

I just use the Downloader app and set the download page as a favourite. Only one app and a couple of clicks is required.

• Like 1