Music library only Album Artist possible?

Edgarin

Edgarin

Hi everyone,

im new in emby and emby for Kodi.

I´m using Kodi 19.4 + emby next gen 7.2.5

Everything seems to work fine, but I don´t know how to get only Album Artist in the music library. There are Album and Titel Artist thats looks odd and results of multiple Album entrys.

Can someone help me or isn´t this possible

Thank you

quickmic
6 minutes ago, Edgarin said:

Hi everyone,

im new in emby and emby for Kodi.

I´m using Kodi 19.4 + emby next gen 7.2.5

Everything seems to work fine, but I don´t know how to get only Album Artist in the music library. There are Album and Titel Artist thats looks odd and results of multiple Album entrys.

Can someone help me or isn´t this possible

Thank you

Not sure if this is possible. The plugin supports the features, Kodi offers. As far as I know, Kodi support Artist OR Artist + Albumartist.

Seems you want the opposite?

quickmic

Probably, possible via custom node, never tried that. I'll have a look at it, but I cannot promise anything. Depends on Kodi capabilities...

btw, please upgrade to 7.5.2

Edited by quickmic

Edgarin

Thanks for the fast answers, and sorry for my late reply.

I´ve updated to the latest version of Emby next gen 7.5.2, Than I run into some minor Database issues after rebuilding.

I´m using Libreelec 10.0.2 and after the update emby next gen recaned the database but I get the error the the files not longer exist. I´ve to do several database resets and only get it now to work in add on mode. Nativ mode dosen´t work. I don´t know the issue of that .

Now in Addon Mode not every Artist is scanned correctly but it now shows only Album Artist. My original problem seems to work fine now.

quickmic
31 minutes ago, Edgarin said:

Thanks for the fast answers, and sorry for my late reply.

I´ve updated to the latest version of Emby next gen 7.5.2, Than I run into some minor Database issues after rebuilding.

I´m using Libreelec 10.0.2 and after the update emby next gen recaned the database but I get the error the the files not longer exist. I´ve to do several database resets and only get it now to work in add on mode. Nativ mode dosen´t work. I don´t know the issue of that .

Now in Addon Mode not every Artist is scanned correctly but it now shows only Album Artist. My original problem seems to work fine now.

I need a kodi.log for review, if you want switch back to native mode.

only Album Artist -> That's very strange, how do you access Artists? With the kodi stock node or via plugin's custom node?

It cannot be a common issue, cause this works fine in my test environment and also nothing reported from other uses. Must be specific to your setup. But let's start with kodi.log review, maybe I find issues there.

Edgarin
2 hours ago, quickmic said:

only Album Artist -> That's very strange, how do you access Artists? With the kodi stock node or via plugin's custom node?

I set Titel and Albumartist in Kodi to off and rescanned the database mit Emby next gen 7.5.2 and now only the Album artist is shown. In privious attempts with 7.0.7 and others this has no effect at all. But now it seems to work fine.

I´ve tried the Log files, hope I did it right in my first attempt. I´ve first logged the last settings with addon mode, did a factory reset and go with the nativ mode and at least back to addon mode. There several crashes in the log because Libreelec crashes sometimes with aeon nox silvo skin when Kodi caches the new pictures from series, artist and albums etc. I think thats a skin or raspberry issue. When Libreelec has all cached the crashes dissaper.

When you see something else, let me know please.

log-2022-07-09-21.15.32.zip log-2022-07-09-21.36.22.zip log-2022-07-09-22.07.19.zip

• Thanks 1

quickmic

Thanks for the logs, I'll review them and come back to you.

Meanwhile I performed several tests about Album Artists. It works absolutely perfect in my setup. The only thing I changed a few versions ago was removing the AlbumArtists from the "regular" Artists. (Exactly how standalone Kodi handles them).

But every scenario I could think of, should be the other way around. NOT showing AlbumArtists, only regular Artists. Are you absolutely sure, only AlbumArtists are shown and not vice versa?

SC1.png

SC2.png

SC3.png

SC4.png

quickmic
9 hours ago, Edgarin said:

I set Titel and Albumartist in Kodi to off and rescanned the database

Not sure what setting options you exactly mean, but scan is completely independent from any options. Settings ares only for views.

and go with the nativ mode

Did you start playback in native mode? I cannot find any "OpenFile" records in the log file, which points to a native file path. I can only see the webservice (addon mode) paths.

Edgarin
57 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Did you start playback in native mode? I cannot find any "OpenFile" records in the log file, which points to a native file path. I can only see the webservice (addon mode) paths.

Yes I do. But when I playback a movie, episode or song kodi shows me a message that this file no longer exist. I hope thats the right message. I use Kodi with german language, in german the message are " Diese Datei ist nicht mehr vorhanden, soll sie gelöscht werden?". For the log I tried to playback a movie episode and song. The database shows all entrys in Kodi but can´t play them and ask the to delet them.

I hope you can understand my posts, I´m not used to use english langugage as much.

quickmic
1 minute ago, Edgarin said:

Yes I do. But when I playback a movie, episode or song kodi shows me a message that this file no longer exist. I hope thats the right message. I use Kodi with german language, in german the message are " Diese Datei ist nicht mehr vorhanden, soll sie gelöscht werden?". For the log I tried to playback a movie episode and song. The database shows all entrys in Kodi but can´t play them and ask the to delet them.

I hope you can understand my posts, I´m not used to use english langugage as much.

Yes I can, btw. we can switch to German for the moment.

...das bedeutet, dass die Pfade falsch in der (Kodi) Datenbank hinterlegt wurden.

Bitte sende mir (via PN) deine MyVideos119.db nach einem native sync. Ich schau nochmals die logs durch, ich bin auf der Suche nach dem Pfad den Kodi versucht zu oeffnen.

quickmic

Bischen was habe ich gefunden: "/share/Mediacenter/Musik/Adel Tawil/Alles lebt/14 Adel Tawil - Denkmal aus Eisen.mp3"

Ist das das Muster einer Datei die nicht geoeffnet werden kann? Wenn ja, hat Kodi Zugriff auf diesen Pfad?

phunzie

i too use AlbumArtist to view my library, but as you can see in my thread below,  i've had a problem where tracks that have tags where the AlbumArtist is not the same as the Artist suddenly disappear from Kodi after a future library update...but it may take multiple library updates before the issue happens....so if you have any tracks like this, where AlbumArtist is not the same as Artist, keep an eye on them and please report if they suddenly disappear from Kodi

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/106812-music-various-folder-and-files-keep-disappearing-from-library/

Edited by phunzie