Server 4.7.2.0 IntroSkip

Painkiller8818
Go to solution Solved by FrostByte,

MBSki
1 minute ago, Spaceboy said:

no, comskip does that. there's plenty of information in the comskipper plugin thread about how to set it up

Ok, I was hoping everything would be wrapped up in the plug-in rather than managing a separate comskip configuration. No worries, thanks for the info.

rbjtech

Lets get Introskip all wrapped up and working in the Core (with editor blah blah) - and then we may be able to add new capabilities such as adding markers for Recaps (manual edit) and even Commercials (from EDL imports from ComSkip?) if there is sufficient interest for it.    Movie End credit markers are also starting to be discussed.

Things are moving relatively quickly on Introskip so I think it's really just a matter of waiting until it all comes together. :)

• Like 3

richt

Running 4.7.2.0.  Set up intro skip but so far nothing seems to have happened.  No option to set up a scheduled task in "Scheduled Tasks".  Nothing in the logs to indicate a task has run.

1 hour ago, richt said:

Running 4.7.2.0.  Set up intro skip but so far nothing seems to have happened.  No option to set up a scheduled task in "Scheduled Tasks".  Nothing in the logs to indicate a task has run.

The scheduled task for it is currently missing from that screen in 4.7.2. It will be resolved in the upcoming 4.7.3 update. Thanks.

• Thanks 2

ng4ever
18 hours ago, Luke said:

The scheduled task for it is currently missing from that screen in 4.7.2. It will be resolved in the upcoming 4.7.3 update. Thanks.

Thank you.

gagomezdevesa

Can someone post a step-by-step guide (right from the start) on how to install on the Server IntroSkip, I'm driving myself crazy?

Please 😅

Edited by gagomezdevesa

Spaceboy

3 steps:

edit \emby\programdata\config\system.xml and set   <ShowIntroDetectionScheduledTask>false</ShowIntroDetectionScheduledTask> to true

in your TV Show library config enable the following setting:

image.png.4feae57c41b8ad7eb3b2a75063ae18ad.png

run this scheduled task

image.png.3e4876326b66d4238ad6e822b8c8c17d.png

wait one week (maybe thats just me)...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gagomezdevesa said:

Can someone post a step-by-step guide (right from the start) on how to install on the Server IntroSkip, I'm driving myself crazy?

Please 😅

Honestly, the easiest way right now would be to wait for 4.7.3.  We apologize for the omission of the task in the last version.

Does Kodi plugin already support it?

I have activated the introskip and scanned my library, but I dont see the button at intro (looked at Big Bang Theory)

What about the outro? Can it skip the outro to?

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/13/2022 at 7:23 AM, Perun said:

Does Kodi plugin already support it?

I have activated the introskip and scanned my library, but I dont see the button at intro (looked at Big Bang Theory)

What about the outro? Can it skip the outro to?

It looks like they're working it if you check out the Kodi section of the community. Thanks.

VirulentPip

(deleted) - Can't seem to find delete post. 

Edited by VirulentPip

• 3 weeks later...
bumley66

I'm not sure if this has already been asked but....

If you have multiple servers, do you have to run the intro skip in all the servers or can you run it in one and share the intro information with the other severs?

23 minutes ago, bumley66 said:

I'm not sure if this has already been asked but....

If you have multiple servers, do you have to run the intro skip in all the servers or can you run it in one and share the intro information with the other severs?

Hi, not yet, but it is likely that we'll provide a way to do this in future updates. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
bandit8623
On 6/7/2022 at 7:58 PM, MrMackey said:

Thanks for Intro Skip! Finally I can enjoy Star Trek Enterprise without the worst created intro ever.  😃

my opinion its the best of all the series. shame on you :)

Edited by bandit8623
added vid link

• 1 year later...

Does the this task not use the GPU? seems like my CPU is 100%  when this task is running. 

Related, should the only task that's scheduled now be the "Detect Episode Intros"

The others, can be deleted?
image.png.5537e3696bc277630876ea58a1f653ab.png

1 minute ago, AxeMan said:

Does the this task not use the GPU? seems like my CPU is 100%  when this task is running. 

Related, should the only task that's scheduled now be the "Detect Episode Intros"

The others, can be deleted?
image.png.5537e3696bc277630876ea58a1f653ab.png

It's looking at audio information within the video file, so, gpu usage does not apply.

As far as what scheduled tasks should run, that depends on your usage and plugins that you've installed. When you're not sure, trust the defaults.

3 hours ago, Luke said:

It's looking at audio information within the video file, so, gpu usage does not apply.

As far as what scheduled tasks should run, that depends on your usage and plugins that you've installed. When you're not sure, trust the defaults.

Sorry I should've been clearer...are these all related, or are some deprecated? where can I find the defaults? I had deleted the tasks when I thought I wouldn't be using this feature (my CPU was under powered to complete the task). 

Update Intro DB

Episode Audio Fingerprinting

Episode Title Sequence Detection

Detect Episode Intros

Separate Feature request, it'd be great if the scheduled tasks had an "enable/disable" toggle, instead of delete. 

4 minutes ago, AxeMan said:

Sorry I should've been clearer...are these all related, or are some deprecated? where can I find the defaults? I had deleted the tasks when I thought I wouldn't be using this feature (my CPU was under powered to complete the task). 

Update Intro DB

Episode Audio Fingerprinting

Episode Title Sequence Detection

Detect Episode Intros

Separate Feature request, it'd be great if the scheduled tasks had an "enable/disable" toggle, instead of delete. 

Unfortunately the defaults are not displayed anywhere. They are not deprecated or they wouldn’t be showing up at all.

Generally speaking don’t change the task schedule just to turn something off. Instead just turn the thing off or don’t use it.

The problem with removing the schedules is that down the road you may try to use something and then think it’s not working because it’s never doing anything.

1 minute ago, Luke said:

Unfortunately the defaults are not displayed anywhere. They are not deprecated or they wouldn’t be showing up at all.

Generally speaking don’t change the task schedule just to turn something off. Instead just turn the thing off or don’t use it.

The problem with removing the schedules is that down the road you may try to use something and then think it’s not working because it’s never doing anything.

Exactly why a disable feature would be good. It'd help diagnose issues. In my setup, the task was locking up the vm, and taking the host down with it. Took a while to see what was happening. 

I'll get a fresh server install and copy the tasks from there. 

37 minutes ago, AxeMan said:

Exactly why a disable feature would be good. It'd help diagnose issues. In my setup, the task was locking up the vm, and taking the host down with it. Took a while to see what was happening. 

I'll get a fresh server install and copy the tasks from there. 

All of the features related to those tasks already have options to disable them.

rbjtech

Those Introskip tasks are from the Introskip Plugin.

If you want to disable the Plugin as a scheduled task, then just remove the schedule - but also disable the run task when new episodes are added (see below)

If you just want to use the Core Introskip (never run both), then just uninstall the Introskip plugin/remove the DLL.

image.png.fc1ce95e8f4a7f7895dfc3f5bdd7a4d9.png

3 hours ago, rbjtech said:

Those Introskip tasks are from the Introskip Plugin.

If you want to disable the Plugin as a scheduled task, then just remove the schedule - but also disable the run task when new episodes are added (see below)

If you just want to use the Core Introskip (never run both), then just uninstall the Introskip plugin/remove the DLL.

image.png.fc1ce95e8f4a7f7895dfc3f5bdd7a4d9.png

Thanks - that "never run both" is what I needed to know. 

• Like 1