Server 4.7.2.0 IntroSkip

Painkiller8818
Go to solution Solved by FrostByte,

TheOverseer
On 04/06/2022 at 15:39, FrostByte said:

If it hasn't made it to the gui in stable yet then you can modify the system.xml

<ShowIntroDetectionScheduledTask>true</ShowIntroDetectionScheduledTask>

Is this due to be added to the stable any time soon?

I've looked up the process of editing this on my NAS; looks a bit complex for a noob like me.

Just enable it on at least one library and then restart the server. The task will show up.

Jcheinaman
5 minutes ago, Luke said:

Just enable it on at least one library and then restart the server. The task will show up.

This is not working on docker installed on unraid 6.10.2 

I even disabled and enable the feature on my tv library, restarted and check the scheduled tasks. The task isn’t there. 

9 minutes ago, Jcheinaman said:

This is not working on docker installed on unraid 6.10.2 

I even disabled and enable the feature on my tv library, restarted and check the scheduled tasks. The task isn’t there. 

Can you show a screenshot? Thanks.

OK my mistake, you're right. There's an issue in 4.7.2 with the task not showing up.

You can still enable the feature and the task will run, you just can't configure the schedule of the task at this time. It will be resolved in 4.7.3. Thanks.

• Like 1

Jcheinaman
1 minute ago, Luke said:

OK my mistake, you're right. There's an issue in 4.7.2 with the task not showing up.

You can still enable the feature and the task will run, you just can't configure the schedule of the task at this time. It will be resolved in 4.7.3. Thanks.

Awesome. Thanks Luke. I’d edit the xml file, but as mentioned above it would probably be a pain. I’m not that advanced with docker yet unfortunately. Thank you for the update. 

• Like 2

TheOverseer
21 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hmm, I enabled this last night and have added media since.  Not seeing the Intro Skip button at all

MBSki
17 hours ago, Luke said:

That seems like it would make sense.

Ok, I waited and it finished detecting intros, but the Intro Skip button still shows up after the intro. And, it's showing up even when there's no intro. What do you need to help detect the issue?

MBSki
2 hours ago, fuzzyaztc said:

I have yet to see the skip intro button appear.

Yea, I've seen the message pop up, but it's always been after the actual intro. I've watched Big Bang Theory several times since scanning for intros and the first time it popped up right after the intro, and the 2nd time it popped up 2 minutes after the intro. 

@Luke The intro skip doesn't appear to be working at all. Is there anything we can send to you to track down why it isn't working? 

MBSki
12 minutes ago, ebr said:

BBT has been dead-on for me.

image.png

Which season(s) have you tried?

Season 5 and it was 2 minutes after the end of the intro.

Season 6 and the Skip Intro started right after the intro. 

I tried using the standard android app. Are you using Android TV? 

• Like 1

Just now, mbarylski said:

Are you using Android TV?

Yes, but that shouldn't make any difference.

The ones I've been watching are season 8 and 9.  All dead-on.  I'll check my season 5...

• Like 1

MBSki
5 minutes ago, ebr said:

Yes, but that shouldn't make any difference.

The ones I've been watching are season 8 and 9.  All dead-on.  I'll check my season 5...

I just tried season 8 and I have the same issue. It showed up about a minute after the intro on episode 1. Why would it be different on my instance?

I just tested episodes 1-3 of season 5.  Episode one was maybe 3-4 seconds late, episode 2 was right on and episode 3 was about 3-4 seconds early.

9 minutes ago, mbarylski said:

I just tried season 8 and I have the same issue. It showed up about a minute after the intro on episode 1. Why would it be different on my instance?

Do you now or have you in the past had the plug-in installed?

MBSki
6 minutes ago, ebr said:

Do you now or have you in the past had the plug-in installed?

I did. I realized my mistake after it was about half way through it's scan. I guess I screwed it up with the plug-in? how do I clear out the conflicting data? 

1 minute ago, mbarylski said:

I did. I realized my mistake after it was about half way through it's scan. I guess I screwed it up with the plug-in? how do I clear out the conflicting data? 

I'm not positive that will be a problem but perhaps it did some detections and placed markers and then the core didn't because they were already there.

Try forcing a metadata refresh on all of season 5.

MBSki
11 minutes ago, ebr said:

I'm not positive that will be a problem but perhaps it did some detections and placed markers and then the core didn't because they were already there.

Try forcing a metadata refresh on all of season 5.

No luck. I tried it on my Beta server which did NOT have the plug-in and it's working fine. It seems the plug-in is conflicting for some reason. Any idea how to clear out the plug-in data?

MBSki
On 6/5/2022 at 8:03 AM, rbjtech said:

See the answer above from Frosty to get the scheduled item listed ;)

link

The Plugin and Core Intro skip are totally different - if you've never used Introskip before - then I suggest you stick with the Core version - and uninstall the Plugin.

So I removed the plugin, but it appears I removed it too late as the Core intro skip isn't working. How do I make sure everything from the plug-in is removed?

Painkiller8818
3 minutes ago, mbarylski said:

No luck. I tried it on my Beta server which did NOT have the plug-in and it's working fine. It seems the plug-in is conflicting for some reason. Any idea how to clear out the plug-in data?

reinstall the plugin, go to the plugins settings, select the problematic show and season and clear all data for the season or the whole show.

Uninstall the Plugin and there is nothing left from the plugin. If you want you can remove all data from all shows you have just to make sure, there is nothing left that could make problems.

• Thanks 1

MBSki
2 minutes ago, Painkiller8818 said:

If you want you can remove all data from all shows you have just to make sure, there is nothing left that could make problems.

Is there an easy way to remove all data from all shows? I only see an option to clear data for a single series.

Painkiller8818
1 minute ago, mbarylski said:

Is there an easy way to remove all data from all shows? I only see an option to clear data for a single series.

Not from the plugin, but as far as i know, the plugin does not write any data to the emby DB, so deleting the plugins data directly in the filesystem should also do the trick. Uninstall the plugin after that and restart the server, then just trigger the emby core scheduled task again after refreshing your metadata to clear the intro/outro marker

MBSki
1 minute ago, Painkiller8818 said:

Not from the plugin, but as far as i know, the plugin does not write any data to the emby DB, so deleting the plugins data directly in the filesystem should also do the trick. Uninstall the plugin after that and restart the server, then just trigger the emby core scheduled task again after refreshing your metadata to clear the intro/outro marker

Ok, so just delete this folder and then rescan with the Core Intro Skip?

image.png.b8fe098b1d7731b80b940af324dad7bf.png