Server 4.7.2.0 IntroSkip

Painkiller8818
Go to solution Solved by FrostByte,

Painkiller8818
Just now, mbarylski said:

Ok, so just delete this folder and then rescan with the Core Intro Skip?

image.png.b8fe098b1d7731b80b940af324dad7bf.png

yes, but clear the already set marker or the core will not set them new.

MBSki
1 minute ago, Painkiller8818 said:

yes, but clear the already set marker or the core will not set them new.

But how do I do that? I have 500 shows. I can't clear all of them 1 by 1, it'll take forever. 

Painkiller8818
Just now, mbarylski said:

But how do I do that? I have 500 shows. I can't clear all of them 1 by 1, it'll take forever. 

refresh metadata, this will reset the markers from the plugin, thats all you have to do when you removed everything from the plugin.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Painkiller8818 said:

Not from the plugin, but as far as i know, the plugin does not write any data to the emby DB, so deleting the plugins data directly in the filesystem should also do the trick. Uninstall the plugin after that and restart the server, then just trigger the emby core scheduled task again after refreshing your metadata to clear the intro/outro marker

But if the plug-in has placed markers in the chapters, then those would remain.  I actually am not sure if the plug-in is placing actual Intro markers at this point.

Painkiller8818
3 minutes ago, ebr said:

But if the plug-in has placed markers in the chapters, then those would remain.  I actually am not sure if the plug-in is placing actual Intro markers at this point.

The Plugin does not modify the files, it is all in the plugins DB and a scheduled task is setting the chapters, so if there are no more Files and no scheduled task from the plugin everything is gone after a metadata refresh

• Agree 1

MBSki
3 minutes ago, Painkiller8818 said:

The Plugin does not modify the files, it is all in the plugins DB and a scheduled task is setting the chapters, so if there are no more Files and no scheduled task from the plugin everything is gone after a metadata refresh

I'll find out for sure in about an hour hopefully. I just refreshed the metadata and I'm running the core task now. 

rbjtech

It wasn't the Plugin causing the issues - BBT is second perfect for all seasons ..

It probably got confused as you stopped the scan half way though, so didn't write some of the markers .. ?

Anyway - All good now :)

image.thumb.png.0da862f4fe1de83699a1e3c96ecdb745.png

MBSki
Just now, rbjtech said:

It wasn't the Plugin causing the issues - BBT is second perfect for all seasons ..

It probably got confused as you stopped the scan half way though, so didn't write some of the markers .. ?

Anyway - All good now :)

image.thumb.png.0da862f4fe1de83699a1e3c96ecdb745.png

Ahhh, gotcha! That makes sense. Thanks!

rbjtech
37 minutes ago, ebr said:

It is if you are running the chapters task (it will add the CreditStart marker too) - otherwise no.

Both the Plugin and Core are working in harmony (as I use them to get the Button.. ;) ) but stopping half way though any scan/process is going to throw a spanner into the works..

Edited by rbjtech
  • Like 1

MBSki
2 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

It is if you are running the chapters task - otherwise no.

Both the Plugin and Core are working in harmony (as I use them to get the Button.. ;) ) but stopping half way though any scan/process is going to throw a spanner into the works..

I actually had the chapter task running, but after I uninstalled the plug-in all the chapters went away so I figured the markers were stored in the plug-in db.

rbjtech
4 minutes ago, mbarylski said:

I actually had the chapter task running, but after I uninstalled the plug-in all the chapters went away so I figured the markers were stored in the plug-in db.

The Plugin is a bit of a hybrid currently - in order to get the 'button' we write exactly the same 'hidden' markers as the Core does - but the main data is written to a separate dB as Painkiller has correctly said - thus the plugin can view and edit the data independently.   I believe the Core will soon be getting an editor - so Intro functionality will soon be on par with the Plugin. 

I'm not 100% sure what is happening with the End Credit detection yet in the Core - as currently, only the Plugin is providing this information to accurately bring up the 'Next Up' OSD - so if using the Core Introskip, for now,  you will just see the normal 'Next Up' OSD pop up 30/40 seconds before the end of the episode as normal.

• Thanks 1

MBSki

It seems I'm still having challenges with some of the episodes so I guess I'll just have to wait awhile and see if it's still refreshing metadata. Then run the core intro detection again. If that doesn't work I'll install the plug-in along with the core and just use the markers detected by the plug-in.

MrMackey

Thanks for Intro Skip! Finally I can enjoy Star Trek Enterprise without the worst created intro ever.  😃

rbjtech
10 hours ago, mbarylski said:

It seems I'm still having challenges with some of the episodes so I guess I'll just have to wait awhile and see if it's still refreshing metadata. Then run the core intro detection again. If that doesn't work I'll install the plug-in along with the core and just use the markers detected by the plug-in.

What show, season and episodes ?  The Core has limited the detect length to 10 minutes only, so if the Intro is around or beyond that - then currently the Core will not pick it up.  Shows like Halo, Star Trek SNW etc are all affected as they all have some Intro's over the 10 minute threshold.    The Plugin doesn't have these issues as it dynamically changes the length of the detect up to 20 mins on a 60+ min episode.  

MBSki
4 hours ago, rbjtech said:

What show, season and episodes ?  The Core has limited the detect length to 10 minutes only, so if the Intro is around or beyond that - then currently the Core will not pick it up.  Shows like Halo, Star Trek SNW etc are all affected as they all have some Intro's over the 10 minute threshold.    The Plugin doesn't have these issues as it dynamically changes the length of the detect up to 20 mins on a 60+ min episode.  

It's been Big Bang Theory, but I think it's because the Metadata Refresh and rescan of Intros by core intro skip was still working. It would be really nice if there was a progress bar for Refresh Metadata as it seems to keep working even though the splash message is gone. I did watch a show last night (Kenan) that auto skipped perfectly so hopefully I'm good now, but I'll give it a few days and see how it goes. 

• Like 1

fuzzynet

If I am on Server 4.7.2 and have enabled intro skip in the library, do I need to install the plugin?

Painkiller8818
1 hour ago, fuzzynet said:

If I am on Server 4.7.2 and have enabled intro skip in the library, do I need to install the plugin?

No

MBSki
1 hour ago, fuzzynet said:

Definitely don't install the plugin. That's the mistake I made. 😅

The only thing you might want to do is modify this line in system.xml and set it to true so you can see the scheduled task.

<ShowIntroDetectionScheduledTask>true</ShowIntroDetectionScheduledTask>

MBSki
22 hours ago, rbjtech said:

Both the Plugin and Core are working in harmony (as I use them to get the Button.. ;) ) .

I've watched several shows now and Intro Skip appears to be working well. Now that I've got it working, I'm thinking of adding the plugin back in since it includes a scan for credits. BUT, I really don't need the credits for tv shows, I need the credits for Movies. Can the credit detect be applied to movies?

Oceanus

I activated the option on the lib three days ago and there is no button whatsoever. Is there a place i can see whether it did anything so far?

3 hours ago, Oceanus said:

I activated the option on the lib three days ago and there is no button whatsoever. Is there a place i can see whether it did anything so far?

Hi, do your seasons have at least two episodes?

rbjtech
13 hours ago, mbarylski said:

I've watched several shows now and Intro Skip appears to be working well. Now that I've got it working, I'm thinking of adding the plugin back in since it includes a scan for credits. BUT, I really don't need the credits for tv shows, I need the credits for Movies. Can the credit detect be applied to movies?

No it's for TV Shows only.

Credits for movies is a very different concept - as chromaprint cannot be used to even estimate where the credits start on a movie.   There is some movement in this space however, with combinations of OCR and Black Frame Detection - but there are no ETA's - it's all proof of concept stuff atm.

• Thanks 1

MBSki
6 hours ago, rbjtech said:

No it's for TV Shows only.

Credits for movies is a very different concept - as chromaprint cannot be used to even estimate where the credits start on a movie.   There is some movement in this space however, with combinations of OCR and Black Frame Detection - but there are no ETA's - it's all proof of concept stuff atm.

Ok, thanks. Any chance that there's work for skipping commercials? I suppose that's the same issue as end credits in movies though right? I did see a comskip plug-in thread, but that doesn't actually detect commercials.

Spaceboy
41 minutes ago, mbarylski said:

Ok, thanks. Any chance that there's work for skipping commercials? I suppose that's the same issue as end credits in movies though right? I did see a comskip plug-in thread, but that doesn't actually detect commercials.

no, comskip does that. there's plenty of information in the comskipper plugin thread about how to set it up