Server 4.7.2.0 IntroSkip

Painkiller8818
Go to solution Solved by FrostByte,

Painkiller8818

Hi,

thanks for implementing the introskip now officially.

I wonder where i can force the scheduled task to detect intros for my already existing shows. I set this up in the library options but there is no scheduled task i can trigger.

Another thing is, where is an introskip editor to correct them manually, if something gets detected wrong?

thanks.

Edited by Painkiller8818

Jcheinaman
4 hours ago, Painkiller8818 said:

Hi,

I wonder where i can force the scheduled task to detect intros for my already existing shows. I set this up in the library options but there is no scheduled task i can trigger.

Another thing is, where is an introskip editor to correct them manually, if something gets detected wrong?

thanks.

I was wondering the same thing. I don’t see a scheduled task. 

atropa
5 hours ago, Painkiller8818 said:

Hi,

thanks.

You have to install the plugin in the  catalog. Then there is a shedule task.

Jcheinaman
4 minutes ago, atropa said:

Ok, I’m on 4.7.2.0. The way it sounds is that they baked it into the latest version. I just looked through the catalog and didn’t see the plug-in. I’ve looked a few times actually. 

Jcheinaman

Never mind. I was looking for the plugin using the mobile app. I was able to find it in the browser.

Painkiller8818
1 hour ago, atropa said:

No, the plugin and the core implementation are completely different things. Now as it gets implemented by the core devs, there should come a scheduled task for this feature not for the plugins intro detection.

atropa
52 minutes ago, Painkiller8818 said:

No, the plugin and the core implementation are completely different things. Now as it gets implemented by the core devs, there should come a scheduled task for this feature not for the plugins intro detection.

Oh I did not know that,
i actually had the same problem. And I didn't find anything where I can activate intro skip. I then searched the plugin catalog and found intro skip. Installed and now it works.

Edited by atropa

Painkiller8818
6 minutes ago, atropa said:

Oh ok . But since i have installed the plugin there is a task. And now all is working.

yeah sure, but this is the plugin we were testing for over a year in a closed group. With this stable release of emby, the emby core devs starts to implement it, so when they are fully done some day, the plugin will no longer be needed as it will become a basic function of emby. :) 

atropa
4 minutes ago, Painkiller8818 said:

yeah sure, but this is the plugin we were testing for over a year in a closed group. With this stable release of emby, the emby core devs starts to implement it, so when they are fully done some day, the plugin will no longer be needed as it will become a basic function of emby. :) 

Ok then sry ^^  Didn´t find anything to activate the task like you . Then i found the plugin and thoght it  has to be installed. Never saw the plugin before in the calalog so i thought it has to be done to get the task :))  Never mind then xD

• Solution
FrostByte

If it hasn't made it to the gui in stable yet then you can modify the system.xml

<ShowIntroDetectionScheduledTask>true</ShowIntroDetectionScheduledTask>

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

moosedookie
18 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

If it hasn't made it to the gui in stable yet then you can modify the system.xml

<ShowIntroDetectionScheduledTask>true</ShowIntroDetectionScheduledTask>

Thanks! That worked great.

• Like 1

MBSki

I'm running the scheduled tasks for intro skip right now, but I can't seem to select any users for auto skip. Do I need to enable something else to get my user list to show up?

image.png.bbf55c210d88cd9486b1e9338083faa3.png

rbjtech
5 minutes ago, mbarylski said:

I'm running the scheduled tasks for intro skip right now, but I can't seem to select any users for auto skip. Do I need to enable something else to get my user list to show up?

This from the Plugin isn't it ?

Are you getting the Core and Plugin Introskip mixed up ? 

If you re-post the above question on the official Plugin thread, then we can help you there .. ;)

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/48304-show-intro-skip-option-plugin/page/148/#comment-1151322

raudraido
11 minutes ago, mbarylski said:

user settings are in their profile>playback page

image.png.b590266f8994023a798f2ad67e4c5b20.png

rbjtech
1 minute ago, raudraido said:

user settings are in their profile>playback page

image.png.b590266f8994023a798f2ad67e4c5b20.png

For the core Introskip yes, but that screen grab was from the Plugin ..

MBSki

Ok, thanks. This has gotten a little confusing, sorry for the basic questions. I don't seem to have the Intro Skipping option in the profile page.

SmartSelect_20220605-072750_Emby.jpg.240fa8a02e3d77a412a28ce0ebdeba0d.jpg

It should show up for each user when they login right?

One other question, as I seem to be running both core and plugin. Isn't the plugin needed to kick off the scheduled tasks manually? Without the plugin, how do we kick off the tasks and configure intro skip? I don't see any options without the plugin.

MBSki

Ah, never mind, I see the option when I login locally. It's just not available when logging in via the mobile app.

rbjtech
32 minutes ago, mbarylski said:

Ok, thanks. This has gotten a little confusing, sorry for the basic questions. I don't seem to have the Intro Skipping option in the profile page.

SmartSelect_20220605-072750_Emby.jpg.240fa8a02e3d77a412a28ce0ebdeba0d.jpg

It should show up for each user when they login right?

One other question, as I seem to be running both core and plugin. Isn't the plugin needed to kick off the scheduled tasks manually? Without the plugin, how do we kick off the tasks and configure intro skip? I don't see any options without the plugin.

See the answer above from Frosty to get the scheduled item listed ;)

link

The Plugin and Core Intro skip are totally different - if you've never used Introskip before - then I suggest you stick with the Core version - and uninstall the Plugin.

Edited by rbjtech
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, raudraido said:

When will this button appear in androidTV app?

In the next update to the app. Thanks.

• Thanks 2

MBSki

I'm just starting to use the Intro Skip and I've still got the scan running, but I noticed an Intro Skip button pop up when watching The Big Bang Theory a few minutes ago. Unfortunately the button popped up AFTER the intro. And, I've got it set to auto skip the intro. It seems 2 things didn't work. 

@Luke Is there any kind of log that would be useful to track down why the intro skip didn't work in this case? Or maybe I just need to wait until the scan is complete and test again?

Just now, mbarylski said:

@Luke Or maybe I just need to wait until the scan is complete and test again?

That seems like it would make sense.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dianal6mz3 said:

Is there anyway to manual select a show to for intro skip analysis?

Currently it can only be enabled at the library level.