Emby Android Will Not Connect To Emby Home Server, Emby Premiere Intac

ZeeNetTV

For Emby Premiere questions, please email billingsupport@emby.media. Thanks.

13 hours ago, ZeeNetTV said:

Could my Premiere key have somehow gone bad??

Connecting remotely does not require Premiere and any issue there would not have any effect on your connection issues.

ZeeNetTV
15 hours ago, Luke said:

This is expected behavior. You can't use localhost when you're out of network. You need to use your remote address. Do you know what your remote address is?

No I do not. Where would I find my remote address? I am using a Mac Mini circa 2018.

4 minutes ago, ZeeNetTV said:

No I do not. Where would I find my remote address? I am using a Mac Mini circa 2018.

When you are inside your local network, your server dashboard will display this information right on the front page. It is the Remote (WAN) address. That is the address to put in the browser when you are out of network. Please try that and let us know how it goes. Thanks.

ZeeNetTV
3 minutes ago, Luke said:

When you are inside your local network, your server dashboard will display this information right on the front page. It is the Remote (WAN) address. That is the address to put in the browser when you are out of network.

If this is it, then it didn't work either when I typed it into the chrome browser on my phone. It also didn't work on the actual Emby Android app. I also included the other WiFi Mac address just in case it helps...

imageedit_4_9133808655.png

imageedit_6_6430553451.png

ZeeNetTV

My next reply may be delayed a bit...gotta run out and do some things...I do really very much appreciate all the help too....I REALLY wanna get this to work by tomorrow...LOL

If this is it, then it didn't work either

What exactly didn't work? What exactly did you do?

ZeeNetTV

I didn't do anything!! That's the problem!!! It was working perfectly fine at first, then it stopped working. I CHANGED NO SETTINGS!!! This is driving me nuts. Think I'm parting ways with Emby. Don't think I'm going to bother to come back tp this thread, or Emby for that matter. Forget it. I'm going old school VLC from now on...ridiculous. I give up.

ZeeNetTV

When I type in the Remote WAN address into "Host" on the "Connect to Server" page on my Android phone (port says 8096), it says, "Connection Failure". That's all I get, no matter what method I try or where I type it in. I've been using Emby for almost 5 years now, and I've NEVER had this many problems before....

ZeeNetTV

I don't think the WAN access is any good. When I click on the WAN, it says, "This site can't be reached". When I click on the In-Home LAN, it gives me the sign on screen, like it should...

Screen Shot 2022-06-16 at 11.57.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-16 at 11.57.41 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-16 at 11.56.30 PM.png

11 minutes ago, ZeeNetTV said:

I don't think the WAN access is any good. When I click on the WAN, it says, "This site can't be reached". When I click on the In-Home LAN, it gives me the sign on screen, like it should...

Screen Shot 2022-06-16 at 11.57.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-16 at 11.57.41 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-16 at 11.56.30 PM.png

Were you inside or outside your home network when you tried that? It's normal that you might not be able to use the WAN address from inside your network if your router doesn't allow something called loopback.

ZeeNetTV

I was outside. I found out port forwarding wasn't set up right anymore on my router (recently moved), so I changed it to the right settings, and now my Emby Android app is telling me that either my Username or Password is wrong when it asks me to sign in after I shut WiFi off and went of 4G only. When I connect back to WiFi, it lets me sign in no problem.

ZeeNetTV

I GOT IT!!!! YAAAYYY!!! It was a problem with port forwarding on my router. Thank you for the help, it's all good now. I have full access....back to your regularly scheduled programming lol

ZeeNetTV
9 hours ago, Luke said:

Thanks for the feedback !

No problem! Thanks for be so patient through my frustration. 😆

ZeeNetTV

I know, I know we JUST went through this, but I swear, right after I figured out my port forwarding problem on my router, the person I live with INSISTED on getting a NEW ROUTER...set it up, went back in to do the port forwarding (cause I thought I had solved that issue), and guess what?? Port forwarding isn't working at all again! This is set up right, isn't it? What did I do wrong this time!? 😆

Screenshot_20220622-154345_Xfinity.jpg

Edited by ZeeNetTV

HI, I would make sure it's forwarding to the correct local address on the network. You probably also have a different remote IP address than before, so you may need to redo the initial connection process in your Emby apps.

ZeeNetTV

I will take a look the moment I walk back in my door, thanx! Was out and about, that's how I discovered it wasn't working again 😄

ZeeNetTV

...exactly how do I find the remote address again? It's on the settings page, isn't it? I was thinking we just had this conversation...frickin Deja vu, right?? 😄

ZeeNetTV

Typed in the remote WAN address, and I'm still coming up with a connection failure. It will not let me on. In-home LAN works, but only on WiFi. After I leave my home network, I'm disconnected as expected. 

thumbnail.jpeg

Screen Shot 2022-06-23 at 6.20.40 PM.png

thumbnail (1).jpeg

ZeeNetTV

No matter what I try this time, it seems worse than it was before. I even checked my Firewall, and it's set correctly too...my port forwards are set to 8096 and 8920 (done it all combinations too--just 8096, or just 8920...I tried listing 8096 first, then 8920 second, then I reversed the order. Nothing. Last time, all I had to do was type in the Remote WAN access number into the "Connect To Server" page on my Emby Android app, put in one of the two port numbers I assigned on my router (8096 or 8920), and I was up and running! Now, this isn't working at all...