Emby Android Will Not Connect To Emby Home Server, Emby Premiere Intac

ZeeNetTV

ZeeNetTV

As the title suggests, I can not get my Emby account to connect to my Android app on my Samsung Galaxy S10. It's always worked before, and should be working fine now, but it's not. I am an Emby Premiere paying subscriber, always have been. It works fine when I'm at home, but when I leave, it stops working. I need this to work, as I am going out of town this weekend, and really need this to work...

Edited by ZeeNetTV
wrong spelling

ZeeNetTV

Nothing. I have some screen shots. When I'm at home, everything's fine. When I'm away, it gives me this...

Screenshot_20220531-193020_Emby.jpg

ZeeNetTV

This is the address info. I tried to plug it in manually. Didn't work.

IMG_20220609_182846.jpg

Edited by GrimReaper
Hid WAN address

Hi.  Did you properly configure your network for remote access?

(router port forwarding)

ZeeNetTV

Actually, turns out the remote login was toggled off. Hopefully it works now that it's on. Won't know that for sure until I'm out later. Thanks!

• Thanks 1

ZeeNetTV

Have to add now...it worked for a few days. I am now sitting in a public place away from home, and Emby on my Android doesnt want to connect to my server, yet again. I really dont get it this time...checked my computers settings to make sure it wasn't changed (with Splashtop Remote Viewer), and it isn't. Remote login and all access permissions have been granted. I'm only 5 miles from home! What the hell happened this time!? Lol

ZeeNetTV

In another thread, I had posted how I could not access my Emby Premiere subscription outside of my home. It was suggested that my remote login access was not toggled on. It was not. After toggling, I had access outside the home for maybe 2 or 3 days, then it cut me off again, and now I'm back to square one. My changed settings have not been altered. The Android app even went so far as to stop working inside my home too, until I uninstalled and reinstalled it, then it worked in my house again, but still not outside the home network. What's gone wrong this time? Is there anything here I shouldn't have toggled on? Thanks in advance!

Screen Shot 2022-06-11 at 8.48.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-11 at 9.20.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-11 at 9.21.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-11 at 9.21.17 PM.png

On 6/9/2022 at 5:18 PM, ZeeNetTV said:

Have to add now...it worked for a few days. I am now sitting in a public place away from home, and Emby on my Android doesnt want to connect to my server, yet again. I really dont get it this time...checked my computers settings to make sure it wasn't changed (with Splashtop Remote Viewer), and it isn't. Remote login and all access permissions have been granted. I'm only 5 miles from home! What the hell happened this time!? Lol

Are you still unable to connect?

ZeeNetTV

No, I still can't. I thought I had fixed it when I turned on remote permissions, and as I said, it did work afterwards when I was out later that evening. Didn't have to use it again for a couple days or so, but the next time I did try to use it, same errors as before. Now that you've pulled over my other post with my "Sharing" box screen shots, those were the settings I had in place when it was working. Same settings I have in place now, but just not working. 

ZeeNetTV

At this point, I'm starting to think I may have to part ways with Emby and look for another solution, i.e., a new home streaming platform. This should be a simple fix, yet here I am, still stuck in limbo! There's no explanation for this I can find, and I can't seem to get any real support anywhere online. I enjoy Emby's UI much more than any other platform, and I've invested a lot of time in it, but if I have to abandon it all I guess I have to. I was so close to getting a lifetime membership. Now I'm not so sure. If I'm going to pay that much for something, I need it to either work every single time, or be set up to be able to get ample support to fix the issue. Neither one of these things are happening. I've been working on this problem for 2 weeks with the intention of it being solved by this coming weekend, thinking I had more than enough time to find the solution, but now it's starting to look like my long planned weekend is about to be A LOT less entertaining. I was really counting on Emby to do what I'm paying for it to do!! Lol...I'm sorry, I'm just really let down over here. I thought for sure someone would help...guess no one can. Thanks...

ZeeNetTV

If you mean the web app I downloaded for my Mac (same Mac that hosts the server) from the Apple store, then yes, it's running just fine....just tried walking down the street again a little ways, and as soon as my WiFi disconnects, so does Emby. Could my Premiere key have somehow gone bad??

I mean the web app on the same android device. Can you please try that? Thanks.

Right, now can you try it outside your network? You'll need to use your remote address in the browser address bar.

ZeeNetTV

I just walked down the street a ways, and as soon as I'm off my network (lose WiFi connection and switch to 4G only), Emby no longer works. When I get back to the house, it works again. It's as if I'm a non-paying subscriber.

ZeeNetTV

Who do I talk to find out if my Premiere key is bad? I got an email...I'm current...I just don't get this....

3 hours ago, ZeeNetTV said:

No, no luck. Typed in address exactly, got this:

thumbnail.jpeg

This is expected behavior. You can't use localhost when you're out of network. You need to use your remote address. Do you know what your remote address is?