Jump to content

Upgraded to New Hard Drive Now Remote Users Can't Connect


JsinFate
 Share

Recommended Posts

JsinFate
9 minutes ago, Luke said:

Something is holding a lock on the servers system folder. Try shutting down emby server and making sure you don't have the folder open in windows explorer.

Turns out that I had to close Firefox for it to update.

So far it looks good, my IP is correct after I specified it in the network settings.

I had a reply from my VPN support regarding the .NET link you sent.

This is what he said:

====================================================

Please be advised that PIA does not support IPv6 yet. It is part of our roadmap however, we do not have a timeline for the implementation for IPv6 support. As such, since Emby requires dual stack, our application's split tunnel will not work as expected due to the aforementioned limitation. Our apologies for this matter.

====================================================

Maybe I am wrong and don't understand but I don't think it is Emby that requires dual stack, it is the updated version of .NET. Is that correct?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

it is the updated version of .NET. Is that correct?

Correct, so for them, the motivation is not just about supporting Emby but any application built on .NET 5+.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

JsinFate

That's what I thought. I don't even use IPV6, I have it disabled so I know that Emby does not require or need it to run.

I will let you know when they reply.

 

Thank you again for all your help.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

JsinFate

Well, Windows 11 performed an update and ended up crashing my computer and I had to do a complete reset. I am still installing my programs and settings but Emby is back up, however, I can't connect externally to it.

I noticed that the server was updated and I have not yet installed my VPN so the IP address is correct, but each time I try to connect using my cell provider it fails. I will double check my firewall but everything should be passing through.

Thank you for the help guys.

embyserver.txt

Link to comment
Share on other sites

JsinFate

Oh, I heard back from PIA support. Here is what he said:

======================================================

Thank you for your response.
 
I apologize if I misunderstood your email. We have just confirmed that PIA do not use .NET, instead it is MSVC. Note that the app rule use case on bypassing VPN using the split tunnel needs the executable file to be selected and added to this feature. In the case of Emby, it my be possible that there are other files that needs to be excluded but then again, the spit tunnel can only search for executable as its rule. We can say that for now, this is the limitation for the said feature. We sincerely apologize for this matter.
=======================================================
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, JsinFate said:

Oh, I heard back from PIA support. Here is what he said:

======================================================

Thank you for your response.
 
I apologize if I misunderstood your email. We have just confirmed that PIA do not use .NET, instead it is MSVC. Note that the app rule use case on bypassing VPN using the split tunnel needs the executable file to be selected and added to this feature. In the case of Emby, it my be possible that there are other files that needs to be excluded but then again, the spit tunnel can only search for executable as its rule. We can say that for now, this is the limitation for the said feature. We sincerely apologize for this matter.
=======================================================

I doubt this is the issue since this hasn't changed from .net 3 to .net 6. (aka Emby Server 4.6 to 4.7).

I think the issue is exactly what I linked to before, that the vpn bypass doesn't support dual mode sockets and/or ipv6.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, JsinFate said:

Well, Windows 11 performed an update and ended up crashing my computer and I had to do a complete reset. I am still installing my programs and settings but Emby is back up, however, I can't connect externally to it.

I noticed that the server was updated and I have not yet installed my VPN so the IP address is correct, but each time I try to connect using my cell provider it fails. I will double check my firewall but everything should be passing through.

Thank you for the help guys.

embyserver.txt 46.06 kB · 0 downloads

What exactly happens when you try?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

JsinFate
3 minutes ago, Luke said:

I doubt this is the issue since this hasn't changed from .net 3 to .net 6. (aka Emby Server 4.6 to 4.7).

I think the issue is exactly what I linked to before, that the vpn bypass doesn't support dual mode sockets and/or ipv6.

I'm certainly no programmer, but I agree with you. I think it has something to do with how it is built.

Well, I think I have it back up and running. I successfully tested from my phone using my cell network. I deleted port forwarding from my router, rebooted it and wifi, then rebuilt the port forwarding.

I then deleted all 200+ custom firewall rules then started Emby and one by one I allowed access. I checked with canyouseeme.org and it was successful. Then I allowed two more entries through the firewall and I could log in using my cell service. 

I don't know if the framework provider had anything to do with it, but it requested access while testing. I don't recall seeing the last entry before. It may have been something that I denied before.

image.png.db26bce1e543ffe9a23373b543b0c77b.pngimage.png.b0b408d35996f6b721caa89f0b392a2d.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Glad to hear it. Thanks for the update.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...