FR: Server - Auto Organize Movies as well as TV

pmac

Hi All,

I'm sure I've seen this brought up some time ago, but I couldn't find a topic in here.

I was wondering if in the future it will be possible to use the Auto-Organize feature on movies, as well as television. I love being able to add television shows to my watched folder and have MBS take care of the renaming and organizing. Having a similar feature for movies would be great as well (as some other users agree, from what I remember of it being discussed in the past). I don't remember what the developer response was to the possibility of this feature, this is why I'm making a new thread for it.

Thanks,

Patrick

• Like 21

• 4 weeks later...

+1 for this feature.

I have to keep Mediacentre Master running jut for this but would much prefer to bin it and have it taken care of by MBS.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more interest in this... The auto-organize TV feature is amazing, having it for Movies as well would just make it even better!

• 1 month later...

I hope it's not a problem, but I'd just like to bump this thread, since it's been over a month. I'm surprised there hasn't been more votes for this! I love the auto-organize feature, and this would be the icing on the cake!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
jhevener

This would be awesome but to be good., it will need many scrapers and a good deal more logic. There would and should be user interaction if needed as well. Its not an easy task, to be sure.

jhevener

+1 for this feature.

I have to keep Mediacentre Master running jut for this but would much prefer to bin it and have it taken care of by MBS.

Agreed! But a good link with the metadata manager would be essential. Edited by jhevener

• 2 weeks later...
pmac

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that would love this feature! I'm kinda surprised there hasn't been any dev feedback on this yet, since it seems (to me) like it should have been added when TV auto-organize was. I would think naming conventions wouldn't be a problem, especially if the year was included in the filename. Otherwise, the user could just use the identify function in the metadata editor if they noticed something was a little off (I've had to do this a few times with TV as well, it's not a big deal to me)

Here's to hoping this topic gets more votes! 

mriksman

Yeah totally agree this should be implemented. It works really well with the TV Shows, I just need Emby to move the Movies over as well, possibly rename the folder/file (remove the junk that is often added to the file/folder name), and kick off a meta search.

Manually moving the folders over is so old school :)

• 2 weeks later...
pmac

Thanks for keeping up with the votes for this feature everyone!

Unfortunately, we still haven't had any dev's chime in on the subject, despite having the highest number of votes out of 24 pages of feature requests (yes, I looked through them all) other than one other request for the trailer plugin to download trailers as an option to streaming them, that's already been responded to by @@Luke

Keep up with the votes everyone :)

I'd love the automation this feature would bring to Emby. A "hands-off" feel for the whole Emby experience would be great, and another step towards cutting the cord from cable companies!

I've said in other threads we would like to do it. I assumed you guys knew that :) I have had 3-4 volunteers step up to work on this over the past year but none have followed through to actually get it done.

Bobba86

+1

I currently use a program called FileBot for this, it can even extract files from .zip/.rar files. I believe there is an API already for this, but not entirely sure.

It would be great to just let Emby do it all for me, using a common Administration interface. (Emby Dashboard)

• Like 1

pmac

I've said in other threads we would like to do it. I assumed you guys knew that :) I have had 3-4 volunteers step up to work on this over the past year but none have followed through to actually get it done.

I wish I had the know-how to help @@Luke! Good to know that it's been thought about by the devs at least :) Hopefully one of these days it'll be added in

AgileHumor

I'm assuming it's lower on the list since there other tools that do this.  Media Center Master works well (and downloads trailers via Youtube). 

Will be nice to one day be integrated...but digging the unique features like cloud sync.

• 3 weeks later...
inkubux

Just another +1 :)

I currently use filebot on a seperate Docker container running, but having it integrated into Emby would be amazing :)

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Just another +1 :)

I currently use filebot on a seperate Docker container running, but having it integrated into Emby would be amazing :)

same here. this would be a nice feature!

• 3 years later...