Music download stuck on "Ready to Transfer" (Synology host)

Kokosowy

Kokosowy

Hi!

Once I mark any music item to download using most recent iOS app it switches to "Ready to Transfer" status and nothing happens next.

iOS: 15.4.1

Emby for iOS: 2.1.6

Emby server (Premiere): 4.6.7.0 on Synology DSM 7.0.1-42218 Update 3

Same is happening on both iPhone and iPad devices I have.

Can you let me know any workaround for this issue? Thanks.

I can also supply developers with information they need to resolve this, please let me know what's needed.

Zrzut ekranu 2022-05-04 o 11.02.57.png

Edited by Kokosowy

tlokitz

I have the same problem with anything i try to download to ios from the latest windows server

• Sad 1

Kokosowy

So it seems unrelated to host (Synology or Windows or anything). Problem must be somewhere on iOS client side or Emby Server side, however on Android client it seems working fine, so I guess this is a problem with iOS app itself.

Happy2Play

Yes, this appears to be an iOS specific issue as there are currently several topics on this.

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...
Kokosowy

Hi all, hi moderators and developers,

Could you please let us know whether anybody is actually working on this issue? I browsed briefly this forum section and it seems problem can be here already for an year.

I'm kinda upset with this issue because this is main reason why I bought the premiere license, to be able to download music offline on the device. It was working fine for me on Android but shortly after I needed to migrate to iPhone and suddenly it seems feature is not working. So I paid $99 for discounted lifetime premiere and I can't use one premiere feature I really wanted to use.

I'm far from complaining because earlier you resolved issue I was involved in with Android pretty fast, but here I can't even know somebody is actually trying to resolve this. Could a developer assigned to this issue please write at least why this issue exist, what's the problem? If I'm missing a main thread of this issue where it was already explained please let me know.

Thanks.

K

• 3 weeks later...
Kokosowy

Hi @Luke, I saw other topics and I can see that this is rather generic response, I know that you're looking at this for quite a time. Can anybody actually share some light where developers are with repairing it and what is accentually a reason behind it doesn't work? I also think it's really important and decent behaviour to warn on your Premiere and KB pages that this premiere feature is currently not working on iOS. It's being reported for a long time without any fix, it's better to warn people and not have disappointed customer while browsing through all these threads.

Edited by Kokosowy

On 7/5/2022 at 3:52 AM, Kokosowy said:

Hi @Luke, I saw other topics and I can see that this is rather generic response, I know that you're looking at this for quite a time. Can anybody actually share some light where developers are with repairing it and what is accentually a reason behind it doesn't work? I also think it's really important and decent behaviour to warn on your Premiere and KB pages that this premiere feature is currently not working on iOS. It's being reported for a long time without any fix, it's better to warn people and not have disappointed customer while browsing through all these threads.

We are actively working on this and will get a fix out as soon as we've resolved it. Apologies for the delay. Thanks.

Hi, please try the new Emby for iOS 2.1.8 update and let us know if this helps with this issue.

You want want to cancel existing download jobs on the server and recreate them. Let us know how you get on. Thanks.