New emby version - load problem

Guest kovibalko

Guest kovibalko

Hi!

LG CX Oled tv I have updated to the latest version of the emby app (1.0.35), since then although the tv sees the libraries, the movies don't start - just circling the load. (scans photos, only doesn't start movies) - restarted, etc.) What could be wrong? - thanks

Nic0wyN

Same here, with same model TV, i have this (i think) only when show tv/movies have subtitle.

Movie/Show TV start but long waiting... hope can be fixed

Thanks in advance for your help!

The server is trying to extract subtitles on the fly for display, but in your environment this doesn't happen quickly enough. Some options you can consider:

• Use external text subtitles instead, such as .srt files. Our subtitle download features can help you get them
  • Turn off the subtitles prior to playback

Guest kovibalko

Thx. These subtitles are embedded in the film, not separate .... Can a correction be expected in the future? 

3 hours ago, kovibalko said:

Thx. These subtitles are embedded in the film, not separate .... Can a correction be expected in the future? 

Hi, what correction would you like? The LG video player does not support the embedded subtilties so we have to get them out somehow.

Actually you do have one more option - in server transcoding settings, uncheck the option to allow subtitle extraction on the fly. Then it will play using the next best available technique. Make sure to read the help text underneath the option.

Nic0wyN

Never have this problem before your last update, and LG CX doesn't have update since 1 month, so the problem it's not our TV, but your last update, no?

35 minutes ago, Nic0wyN said:

Never have this problem before your last update, and LG CX doesn't have update since 1 month, so the problem it's not our TV, but your last update, no?

No, the way subtitles are streamed hasn't changed. did you try what i suggested?

spongebob69

I have the same problem on the same tv and movie file. Works fine before update and now does not start

Nic0wyN
8 hours ago, Luke said:

No, the way subtitles are streamed hasn't changed. did you try what i suggested?

Try both of your option, same problem, long time loading, and if it's HDR movie/show tv, after selecting subtitle and have long load, when video came back have lost HDR.

As you can see, lot of people have same problem, your last update have broke something, not our fault, no fault our TV, please can you try to fix it ?

Guest kovibalko
49 minutes ago, kovibalko said:

in two films I tried not long ago to set the subtitles to off mode, there hdr remux movie started right away. .....

Edited by kovibalko

Nic0wyN

Didn't say have no HDR, said, when i start movie HDR without subtitle and after start movie i choose subtitle, there is a loading (bug) and after long load, the movie continue with subtitle  but without HDR.

appel

I have the same problem with LG TV client. The movie starts extremly slow if contains embedded subtitle. It's blank screen with spinnig circle for couple of minutes. I'm sure it happens only with latest 1.0.35 client (maybe with 1.0.33). Subtitle extraction on the fly wasn't a problem before. The movie started fine (doing subtitle extraction in the background) and the subtitle appeared fine after the server finished with the backgound task.

Now the only solution is a long waiting or turn off subtitle before play.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, appel said:

I have the same problem with LG TV client. The movie starts extremly slow if contains embedded subtitle. It's blank screen with spinnig circle for couple of minutes. I'm sure it happens only with latest 1.0.35 client (maybe with 1.0.33). Subtitle extraction on the fly wasn't a problem before. The movie started fine (doing subtitle extraction in the background) and the subtitle appeared fine after the server finished with the backgound task.

Hi, please try the options I suggested above. Thanks.

appel

I've already tried. It's worked but it's a workaround to watch movies but it's not the real solution. As I/We mentioned embedded subtitles or extraction on the fly worked fine with previous releases. Please understand that this workaround is uncomfortable for all of the users. You are the developer, please try to find the origin of this problem because I write again: it's worked before. I can attach logs if needed. 

1 hour ago, appel said:

I've already tried. It's worked but it's a workaround to watch movies but it's not the real solution. As I/We mentioned embedded subtitles or extraction on the fly worked fine with previous releases. Please understand that this workaround is uncomfortable for all of the users. You are the developer, please try to find the origin of this problem because I write again: it's worked before. I can attach logs if needed. 

Hi there, what exactly did you try? If your server disk I/O is not quick enough to extract subtitles on the fly, then disabling it is the right approach. I wouldn't call it a workaround.

appel

I can disable on the fly extraction and load external subtitles. This is what I call workaround. Nothing has changed on server side, the only difference is the new LG client version. And again: on the fly subtitle extraction was worked with previous versions with the same hardware configuration. (and still working for example with plex) Now I get black screen until the server finishes with the subtitle, but it was different before. I started to play a movie, chose embedded subtitle (still watching the movie), and after a minute or more the extracted subtitle appeared. That's what I want again. 

Unfortunately I can't downgrade the client application on LG tv to test and prove it. 

Qrrbrbirlbel
7 hours ago, appel said:

I'm experiencing the same problem and came to the same conclusion. The waiting time is proportional to the length of the video.

While before the update the subtitles didn't show up for a few seconds after the starts, now this time is spent on a loading screen.

The previous behavior wasn't optimal but it was okay (sometimes you didn't even miss anything because the first few seconds were without dialog anyway) but now it's a bit ridiculous.

Downloading an external subtitle is not a solution. The file already has a subtitle that fits. (Though, since the update I have to correct embedded subtitles much more than before. Something's weird about that.)

This sounds like, it would be a good idea to have an option to have Emby extract subtitles when it detects a new file.

By the way, Jellyfin on WebOS has the same: it takes roughly the same time until the subtitles appear (20s for a 42min video), however, it displays a small info in the corner stating it still loads “additional data” letting you know instead of leaving you wonder.

alessioP

I agree with the others.

Unfortunately I have not tested the older version of LG app but with with the integrated QNAP DLNA server without any transcoding all the 4k files are working without any problem.

In the Emby App for LG without subtitles active the video start immediately with perfect quality but if I don't remeber to deactivate subtitles I have to wait with arolling blue circle for long time, somtimes 20 sec sometimes till the crash of the Emby App

• 3 months later...
On 5/2/2022 at 2:05 PM, Nic0wyN said:

Same here, with same model TV, i have this (i think) only when show tv/movies have subtitle.

Movie/Show TV start but long waiting... hope can be fixed

Thanks in advance for your help!

This is resolved for the next update to the Emby LG app. Thanks.

• Thanks 1