New emby version - load problem

Guest kovibalko

Hi Luke,
when is the next update expected?
At the beginning of August you said it would be fixed in the next update but at the moment my LG TV is still with the old client which gives problems every time the subtitles are enabled

5 hours ago, alessioP said:

Hi Luke,
when is the next update expected?
At the beginning of August you said it would be fixed in the next update but at the moment my LG TV is still with the old client which gives problems every time the subtitles are enabled

As soon as it gets through LG review.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Emby for LG TV's 1.0.37 has been released. Stay tuned to the blog for the release announcement.

Can you please try out the new update and let us know how it compares? Thanks !

alessioP

Hi Luke, already installed yesterday.

It's working but not every time, from the first tests seem to work with FHD videos but not with the 4k.

I need to investigate and verify if the initial ipothesys is correct or not.

1 hour ago, alessioP said:

Hi Luke, already installed yesterday.

It's working but not every time, from the first tests seem to work with FHD videos but not with the 4k.

I need to investigate and verify if the initial ipothesys is correct or not.

Let us know how you get on. Thanks.

alessioP

This afternoon I got some time to test it better.
Results are worst then I told last time. 
With all the 4k or HD media the subtitles doesn't work at all.
With SD media the subtitles work only in some cases and not for 100% of files:
- if you enable the subtitle before to play the film it works in 90% of cases.
- If you are playng the film and you enable the subtitle during the reproduction, doesn't work at all.
 - if you stop the film, return on the presentation page, enable the subtitle and resume the film it works in 90% of cases.

My test system is: server on Qnap TS-230 version 4.7.11.0, player TV LG oled.

As in the past, if I use the integrated player of LG with the DLNA streaming of Emby server, all films are working perfectly with subtitles (also 4k)

Honestly given the long wait time I was hoping for something better.

Let me know if I'm doing something wrong or if I can do some other tests to check in depth

• Like 1

6 hours ago, alessioP said:

This afternoon I got some time to test it better.
Results are worst then I told last time. 
With all the 4k or HD media the subtitles doesn't work at all.
With SD media the subtitles work only in some cases and not for 100% of files:
- if you enable the subtitle before to play the film it works in 90% of cases.
- If you are playng the film and you enable the subtitle during the reproduction, doesn't work at all.
 - if you stop the film, return on the presentation page, enable the subtitle and resume the film it works in 90% of cases.

My test system is: server on Qnap TS-230 version 4.7.11.0, player TV LG oled.

As in the past, if I use the integrated player of LG with the DLNA streaming of Emby server, all films are working perfectly with subtitles (also 4k)

Honestly given the long wait time I was hoping for something better.

Let me know if I'm doing something wrong or if I can do some other tests to check in depth

@alessioP can we please look at a new example?  Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!

alessioP

Hi Luke,

the description is already done and I don't think you need a screenshot of a rolling blue circle since I don't get error but the screen stuck with this animation.

What can help for sure are the logs, so in attachment you will find compressed all the files from the beginning of my tests to now.

Let me know if you need something more specific.

Logs.zip

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2023 at 12:53 PM, alessioP said:

Hi Luke,

I don't hear answer from long time.

Please let me know if what you got is enough or if you need something else

Hi, maybe this will help?

• 3 weeks later...
alessioP

I haven't tried a factory reset on my TV but I don't think is the right way since I have 3 LG TV inside home, different models all with latest FW and latest version of Emby but all of them are showing till now the same problem with subtitles.

Anything relevant from the log files I posted?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
FredrikT
On 07/02/2023 at 21:12, alessioP said:

I haven't tried a factory reset on my TV but I don't think is the right way since I have 3 LG TV inside home, different models all with latest FW and latest version of Emby but all of them are showing till now the same problem with subtitles.

Anything relevant from the log files I posted?

Did this work for you @alessioP? We bought a new LG TV for my father end of last year, as the old Samsung TV didn't support Emby (nor does new Samsung TVs in the Nordic (EU?) region!!!). Emby hasn't worked once on his tv, but all other clients work flawlessly. I'm not over there so often, so I'd rather spend my time doing other things than to reset his new TV in vain.

There seems to be a lot of people with this problem, but I feel it's largely ignored from the Emby admins unfortunately. I really don't want to spin up a Plex instance just for LG tvs because the admins don't take this problem seriously. At this point I think most people are just tired of reporting the problem.

I tried the workaround by disabling subtitle extraction on the fly. It didn't help.

• 3 weeks later...
alessioP

No, I haven't tried. Honestly, if an App doesn't work, I'm not going to try resetting a TV to fix it. Also because I have three LG televisions and they all have the same problem so it is clear that the problem is related to the App and not to the configuration of the television. For the moment, as a workaround, I use the DLNA function of Emby because with the native LG player, by connecting to the DLNA, the subtitles work correctly, another confirmation that it is the Emby App for LG that has problems

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2023 at 8:43 AM, alessioP said:

No, I haven't tried. Honestly, if an App doesn't work, I'm not going to try resetting a TV to fix it. Also because I have three LG televisions and they all have the same problem so it is clear that the problem is related to the App and not to the configuration of the television. For the moment, as a workaround, I use the DLNA function of Emby because with the native LG player, by connecting to the DLNA, the subtitles work correctly, another confirmation that it is the Emby App for LG that has problems

Hi, I agree that you shouldn’t have to. It’s just a matter of information gathering to see if it might have resolved it.

FredrikT
On 4/7/2023 at 9:26 PM, Luke said:

Hi, I agree that you shouldn’t have to. It’s just a matter of information gathering to see if it might have resolved it.

What more information can we provide? Maybe we can start a poll to see if anyone manages to play anything with the Plex app on newer LG tv's? Maybe it's a hw problem, though it's strange that it works with Plex. @SamES

• 2 months later...

Emby for LG TV's 1.0.39 has been released. Stay tuned to the blog for the release announcement.