More items in Latest

arrbee99

arrbee99

More items in the Latest row(s) would be nice. I just added a bunch of new TV shows / series and 16 isn't enough. If I click on Latest TV,  it goes to Suggestions, which is useless, I would like more Latest TV not Continue Watching or Latest Episodes. I can sort TV by date added but that doesn't show new series added to existing ones (series 5 of The Expanse) for example.

Similar for Movies please.

• Like 3

GrimReaper
9 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

I can sort TV by date added but that doesn't show new series added to existing ones (series 5 of The Expanse) for example

You would want to sort by "Latest episode date added" and then you'd have desired result in TV library, unrestricted by Latest row limitation. 

Edited by GrimReaper
  • Like 1

arrbee99

Thanks.

Think I've asked this before ?

Think you told me this before as well...Oh well, may I'll remember it this time (but probably not) 😀

GrimReaper

LOL possible, but I don't mind, you know how they say: "Repetition is the mother of learning..." 😉

• Like 1

Happy2Play

For the web client you can edit the homesections.js and change the limit 16 for Latest but applies to all Latest rows.

arrbee99
44 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

For the web client you can edit the homesections.js and change the limit 16 for Latest but applies to all Latest rows.

Ta. Erm, which one ? On my C drive I've 10 of them. This - C:\Program Files\EmbyServerTV\dashboard-ui\modules\homesections  is my newest one.

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, arrbee99 said:

Ta. Erm, which one ? On my C drive I've 10 of them. This - C:\Program Files\EmbyServerTV\dashboard-ui\modules\homesections  is my newest one.

Whichever one is in your Emby system folder that you are using.  That structure looks wrong.

C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\dashboard-ui\modules\homesections\homesections.js (default)

Y:\Emby-Server\system\dashboard-ui\modules\homesections\homesections.js (portable, but root folder can be anything)

• 9 months later...
On 5/1/2022 at 6:44 PM, Happy2Play said:

Whichever one is in your Emby system folder that you are using.  That structure looks wrong.

C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\dashboard-ui\modules\homesections\homesections.js (default)

Y:\Emby-Server\system\dashboard-ui\modules\homesections\homesections.js (portable, but root folder can be anything)

Where would this be in a container?

Happy2Play
6 minutes ago, TKX57 said:

Where would this be in a container?

Look at the application path near the top of a server log as I don't know platform path.

Is there a way that we could get this as a setting across the board with apps and everything. If not having a custom number in settings then just a global increase?

I know we all have our gripes with team orange, but their limit is set at like 140 or 160 items. This is also nice when you display other collections on the home like trending or holiday collections.

• 7 months later...
arrbee99

Anyone doing this and not working ? I tried updating Homesections.js on .52 beta to 64 items and it still only shows 16.

Edited by arrbee99

arrbee99

And obviously now I've asked its decided to work. Seems to need more than just restarting the server, either shutdown and start or re-booting the PC.

1 hour ago, arrbee99 said:

And obviously now I've asked its decided to work. Seems to need more than just restarting the server, either shutdown and start or re-booting the PC.

Probably browser caching.

• Agree 1

Can't the app(s) just request more items as you click to the right? Isn't that what's happening when we click down on the wall of posters on the actual library page? The items get requested and loaded as you click, correct? Couldn't the same thing happen on the main menu, just horizontally?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Can't the app(s) just request more items as you click to the right? Isn't that what's happening when we click down on the wall of posters on the actual library page? The items get requested and loaded as you click, correct? Couldn't the same thing happen on the main menu, just horizontally?

HI, yes this is something that can be added. Thanks.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
SuperSport

I see this topic is 21 months old. How are these things prioritized, and is there any kind of reporting on the status of these requested fixes or enhancements?

I really like the "Latest" feature on the Home screen — there just are not enough, 18 videos and 16 photos, can this be increased to, perhaps, 50 of each. (Or better yet, could it be User Definable through Settings?)

Is there any update as to when, or if, this may be implemented?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

is there any kind of reporting on the status of these requested fixes or enhancements

Hi.  You should see labels on the topics in here as "In-Progress" when it is being worked on and "Completed" when released.  Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
mbender1123

+1 for wanting to add more items in the "latest" list. I'd also love it if we could have more suggestions in the "because you watched" sections, and be able to have more of those "because you watched" sections. When searching for something to watch I like searching through suggestions more than going through an alphabetized list.