Slow to load after update

dadofhgnadn

Happy2Play

Doubt it is the client, but the server is throwing a lot of "Could not find a part" on multiple libraries and the ffmpeg log shows "No such file or directory".

And the embyserver.txt is throwing a lot to "No such host is known." for TMDB and TVDB.

Do you by change have IPv6 enabled?

dadofhgnadn

I do not have IPv6 enabled. The app continues to take a long time to load movies while the FireTV, Emby theater, apps do not. The TV OS crashes while loading media from time to time as well. 

42 minutes ago, dadofhgnadn said:

The media it's self. After pushing play. 

Did you see this in your ffmpeg log?

19:08:09.948 \\ustv\Torrent Downs\TV\Why.Didnt.They.Ask.Evans.S01.1080p.AMZN.WEBRip.DDP5.1.x264-squalor[rartv]\Why.Didnt.They.Ask.Evans.S01E02.1080p.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-squalor.mkv: No such file or directory

dadofhgnadn

I saw those, however the problem is that other Emby apps play it fine. FireTV app and Theater. 

53 minutes ago, dadofhgnadn said:

I saw those, however the problem is that other Emby apps play it fine. FireTV app and Theater. 

The other apps are able to embed more robust video players which allow for better techniques to be utilized. The LG video player is primitive by comparison.

dadofhgnadn

Thank you, I'm leaving Web OS apps behind. Reset the TV and found an extra 4k FireTV stick that I will use from now on. The LG remote lets me navigate the Fire TV so I'm golden.  As always, thank you for your help.

Edited by dadofhgnadn
Caps

• 2 months later...
harrybi

I have the same problem with my LG TV and emby since about one month when I updated the server to the latest version.
I also know from a friend suffering from the same also.
Currently I work around by chossing/starting the movie on my phone using DLNA play to, but that's not the indened way o work.
Any idea why this happens sinde one or thwo minor versions for LG TVs?

harrybi
On 5/5/2022 at 1:46 AM, Luke said:

The other apps are able to embed more robust video players which allow for better techniques to be utilized. The LG video player is primitive by comparison.

so, is there a new LG version planned to compensate this issue?
I'm even thinking of going back to an older version of Emby not causing that for LG TVs.(I guess 4.7.2 was fine as far as I remember)

On 7/9/2022 at 4:37 PM, harrybi said:

so, is there a new LG version planned to compensate this issue?
I'm even thinking of going back to an older version of Emby not causing that for LG TVs.(I guess 4.7.2 was fine as far as I remember)

Hi, we're looking into it. I don't think the version of Emby Server will make a difference.

harrybi
18 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, we're looking into it. I don't think the version of Emby Server will make a difference.

If you like me to, I can reinstall the older version am see if may solve the issue. If not an update if the LG tv may have caused it, which I can't exclude as these are installed in the night unattended without my notice.

ChaosNighT

I have the same issue and find why here, but can't remember the topic.

It's not a server issue, it's LGTV App, the delay to load come from loading subtitles, if u lauch video without subtitles and activate them after video launch, launch time is ok

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, this is resolved for the next update to the emby LG app. We'll have that out as soon as it gets through LG review. Thanks.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, rwitkamp said:

Is there any news on the LG app with the Slow-To-Load fix? 

We are working on getting an Emby LG app update out to the store. Thanks.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/22/2022 at 10:06 PM, Luke said:

We are working on getting an Emby LG app update out to the store. Thanks.

Hey there,

any news from LG on the subject?

• Agree 1

They failed the initial offering due to a minor issue and so we're working on resubmitting. We should have that done in the next day or so. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
rwitkamp
On 10/17/2022 at 8:42 PM, Luke said:

They failed the initial offering due to a minor issue and so we're working on resubmitting. We should have that done in the next day or so. Thanks.

I hope it will pass the LG checks. Currently, Emby on my LG TV is not running and I temporary moved to Plex and Plexserver. I would like to continue using Emby, for I think it beats Plex on many features.

philhull

I'm also having issues only with the LG TV app. Constant buffering even with direct play. Every other device plays the same file flawlessly but the LG app is unusable. Hoping for an update soon to fix the problem.