Green Lines on Fire TV Lite playing files 4khdr mkv from emby server

VerdaderoKiwi

VerdaderoKiwi
On 3/8/2022 at 12:00 PM, brainfryd said:

@ebr @softworkz - OK .. so that works ( with latest app version 2.0.70a),  I can finally play 4K media on the FireTV stick.

Have attached server and transcode logs and test media segments 

Media now renders perfectly , tested multiple video files - all seems OK.

embyserver.txt 595.37 kB · 0 downloads ffmpeg-transcode-0dc45e05-f71d-4bf1-9c41-eb16079fdd72_1.txt 54.91 MB · 1 download Media Test.zip 74.41 MB · 0 downloads

Hello! How can i install that beta version in my fire tv?

Thanks.

VerdaderoKiwi

Hello, i have already installed the new beta version and the green lines are gone 🙂

Thanks so much for fix the problem.

• Like 1

VerdaderoKiwi

Hello again. The beta app is in test mode only for 7 hours. I have tried to unlock but it doesnt unclock. How can i unlock de app for use more than 7 hours? (maybe now 6)

I paid the 5€ to unlock the previous version, now when i try to unlock the app, after a time it reload and again in test mode.

21 hours ago, VerdaderoKiwi said:

The beta app is in test mode only for 7 hours

Hi.  Exactly why do you think this?

brainfryd

@Luke@softworkz - OK, sorry I hadn't had a chance to come back and check...

I'm not sure if I tested this correctly, I can't change the resolution in Emby, so I forced the FireTV to 720p and tested playback and had no issues with green lines.

I did have some issues with a couple of 4K movies, struggling to play smoothly... but I need to check further to see if that's a bandwidth issue, if you want logs for this I can provide

If you are just querying the green lines, then they no longer present.  If you have particular parameters/scenarios you want me to test, please let me know

VerdaderoKiwi
On 3/13/2022 at 2:03 PM, ebr said:

Hi.  Exactly why do you think this?

Because it shows me with a letter, and after that time, emby don't let me to play anything. I tried to unlock the app with the button, but after a few time emby restart in the same state. I have to reinstall emby from amazon in the previous version with the green lines problem. Can you to publish the new version in amazon as soon as possible?

Thanks.

VerdaderoKiwi
On 3/12/2022 at 10:55 PM, softworkz said:

@VerdaderoKiwi @brainfryd - Could you please try to lower the quality/resolution and see whether it's still working in those cases?

Thanks,
sw

Hello, i tried with a lower resolution video file (720) and works.

6 hours ago, VerdaderoKiwi said:

Hello, i tried with a lower resolution video file (720) and works.

Thanks - that's not what I meant, though.

Let me explain: 

We have found out that the device is sensitive to irregular resolutions. By changing the client app to report 1080 instead of 1088, we could avoid the "odd" width in that case. But we aren't sure about other cases where such "odd" widths could still occur, and that's what we want to test now.

There are two ways to test for such widths:

• Source videos that already have such widths
    • These exist, but are rare
    • 1280x720 is surely none of them
  • Have the server scale down a video to reduce bandwidth
    • This can lead to widths that aren't multiples of 4 or 16
      (But it doesn't always cause such widths)

That's why I suggested to try the latter: reduce bandwidth in the app, causing the server to scale down to a (hopefully) "odd" width.

Maybe we would also find a suitable test video, though.

Hi,

please find attached two packages of files for testing. The one is for testing resolutions around 720 lines and the other for variations in the full hd range.

Would be great when you could try these and watch for green lines.

Thanks,
softworkz

TestVideos_720.zip TestVideos_1080.zip

brainfryd

@softworkz @ebr-  OK, so I've tested all files with the FireTV @ 1080p and 720p.

All the 720p versions play ok, but the 1080p files with a width greater than 1920 exhibit the diagonal lines.  See images attached

Server log and transcode files attached in case you want them.

Hope this helps out

IMG20220316195946.jpg

IMG20220316200012.jpg

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-transcode-8a77894b-4e80-4f97-a048-d10672d3a717_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-76d3c4ec-7e78-479b-bc11-cef444fc9d7a_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-7116655b-f4ee-464f-b8dd-7e0371ad9f63_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-a103be50-2058-4a3e-a610-de08f04cd477_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-cbb6f7f7-7dba-4a45-b287-adbee48aba9d_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-d37773da-d277-41a7-8282-3c219e91d8b5_1.txt

Great, thanks a lot for trying!

That's interesting. I wonder whether it's really about "greater than 1920"..

Let's try the following ones, going into the other direction (smaller than 1920): TestVideos_1080_smaller.zip

PS: No logs needed, just let me know which work and which don't.

VerdaderoKiwi

Hello again. Great! I have just seen this posts, sorry for the delay but now i'm ill (covid-19).

If i can, i'll test with your last files.

Anyway, when i installed the last beta version (2.0.70a), the green lines problem was solved in all videos i tested, but this beta version only works for 8 hours, the app was locked without possibility to unlock, even though i had already unlocked it in the previous version.

Thanks.

30 minutes ago, VerdaderoKiwi said:

this beta version only works for 8 hours, the app was locked without possibility to unlock, even though i had already unlocked it in the previous version.

Exactly what happened here?  Did you try the "Restore unlock" button?

VerdaderoKiwi
2 hours ago, ebr said:

Exactly what happened here?  Did you try the "Restore unlock" button?

I can't see any "Restore unloack" button. I explain what i did.

I had the actual version in Amazon for my firetv lite and i unlocked it. I don't remember the number.

I uninstalled that version, downloaded the apk from here: 

and installed it.

After the install, i played a video file but in that moment, it shows me a letter: Trial version, 8 hours left. Unloack tha app (i don't remember the message exactly)

The video playback was perfect, without green lines. After that i tried to unlock the app again (i was goin to pay the price again if it is needed) but after a time waiting, the app reboot in the same state, locked. I tried to unlock more times but same result.

When the time was expired, the app didn't let me to play anymore. It shows me that i must to unlock the app in order to play videos, but the unlock process doesn't work.

After that, i uninstalled de beta version 2.0.70a, and reinstalled the previous version from Amazon. This versions remained unlocked and let me to play videos again, but with the green lines problem.

Thanks.

Hi.  Instead of trying to unlock again, hit the "Restore Unlock" button.  What happens when you do that?

Is the device still logged into the same Amazon account as when you purchased and does it have access to the Amazon store?

brainfryd
10 hours ago, softworkz said:

Great, thanks a lot for trying!

That's interesting. I wonder whether it's really about "greater than 1920"..

Let's try the following ones, going into the other direction (smaller than 1920): TestVideos_1080_smaller.zip

PS: No logs needed, just let me know which work and which don't.

Hi @softworkz - These all tested fine on my FireTV stick

@brainfryd - Thanks a lot for testing all this. So it seems that there exists in fact a limit of 1920 for the width - somewhat unexpected, but I'm glad that we found out.
It makes the situation much easier to handle. @ebr I think we just need to add MaxWidth=1920 and we should be good for all situations.

• 3 weeks later...
VerdaderoKiwi
On 3/16/2022 at 5:56 PM, ebr said:

Hi.  Instead of trying to unlock again, hit the "Restore Unlock" button.  What happens when you do that?

Is the device still logged into the same Amazon account as when you purchased and does it have access to the Amazon store?

Sorry for the delay. I don't understand exactly. Where is the "Restore Unlock" button? I can't see any "Restore Unlock" button anywhere.

Now i have the previous version because the last version (2.0.70), wich works fine, after 8 hours don't let me to play anything so i uninstalled and reinstalled the previous version from amazon.

Yes, i was logged into the same account. I don't have any other account.

Thanks,

Marcos.

4 minutes ago, VerdaderoKiwi said:

Sorry for the delay. I don't understand exactly. Where is the "Restore Unlock" button? I can't see any "Restore Unlock" button anywhere.

Now i have the previous version because the last version (2.0.70), wich works fine, after 8 hours don't let me to play anything so i uninstalled and reinstalled the previous version from amazon.

Yes, i was logged into the same account. I don't have any other account.

Thanks,

Marcos.

Hi.  You should re-install the latest version.  Then, in the same screen where you purchase Premiere or the app unlock, there is also a "Restore Unlock" button.

VerdaderoKiwi
13 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  You should re-install the latest version.  Then, in the same screen where you purchase Premiere or the app unlock, there is also a "Restore Unlock" button.

Ok,. I'll try it.

Thanks!

Edited by VerdaderoKiwi