Green Lines on Fire TV Lite playing files 4khdr mkv from emby server

VerdaderoKiwi

VerdaderoKiwi

Hello again. I have re-installed the lastest version from the download link (not from Amazon App Store), copied to my FireTV Lite and reinstalled. I get the application locked again and y tried to unlock. I press the "Restore unlock" button but it doesnt do nothing. The application continues locked in trial version until April 23th. I tried to unlock again with the unlock button, but after a time, the app restart again in locked mode.

When i install de app from Amazon App store, is unlocked, but not when i install from the apk.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
VerdaderoKiwi

Hello again, i have done it again and send the log from the app.

My local user is Marcos, and i have sent it at 21:07 UTC. I taked photos, but it shows only the unlock buttons.

Thanks.

16 minutes ago, VerdaderoKiwi said:

Hello again, i have done it again and send the log from the app.

My local user is Marcos, and i have sent it at 21:07 UTC. I taked photos, but it shows only the unlock buttons.

Thanks.

Hi.  Have you installed the Amazon tester application on this device?

Anything "special" about your network setup?  The reason the check isn't working for you is because it is looking in the Amazon "sandbox".  That is a special testing mode used by developers to test purchases.

VerdaderoKiwi

¿¿?? No, there is nothing special in my network setup. Maybe something in the options configured in my fireTV? If i download the app from amazon app store, there is no problem about it. Do you know where can i reset this configuration n firetv?

I'm sorry, I really don't.  The only way I am aware of to make a Fire device use the Amazon sandbox is to install their app tester app.

11 hours ago, VerdaderoKiwi said:

Ok, thanks. I'll try to install this tester app.

No, you do not want to install this.  What I'm saying is it looks like it is already installed on your device and it shouldn't be because we cannot get to the "real" store with it there.

VerdaderoKiwi

Ah, ok. Then, i'll tras to search how can i uninstall it. Even though, the versión downloaded from Amazon app store unlocks withought any problem.

Thanks.

• 5 months later...
furiousp

Hello Emby Team,

I have a similar issue with playback experiencing the diagonal green lines  (mainly with) 480i &480p mpeg2 SD media.

I've been following this topic, and have attempted fixes based on your suggestions yet the problem persists.

Media originates on a dedicated Windows 10 server running via Emby Premiere version 4.7.8.0, I'm the only user.

Playback is from a FireStick lite on  a late model Vizio tv(I also have the same problem playing a firestick from an older Sony Bravia KDL65HX729 ) .

I don't have the striping issue when the same media is played from a web browser or from my late model Sony smart tv w/ android o/s .

Additional to the Emby logs attached & screengrabs, I've uploaded the firestick logs to you timestamped:1:49 EST-User: PJ Cilia.

Thanks, any insights are appreciated.

Capture.JPG.94be1f32e399ec9a72c79993d42e2bf9.JPG139983392_PIC1.jpg.078eb00add7a8abd5a97c6fa156eb7b7.jpg2038349687_PIC2.thumb.png.881ca9b1daa95c6dd09d9d759377e0cc.pngembyserver(1).txt

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2022 at 2:26 PM, furiousp said:

Hello Emby Team,

I have a similar issue with playback experiencing the diagonal green lines  (mainly with) 480i &480p mpeg2 SD media.

I've been following this topic, and have attempted fixes based on your suggestions yet the problem persists.

Media originates on a dedicated Windows 10 server running via Emby Premiere version 4.7.8.0, I'm the only user.

Playback is from a FireStick lite on  a late model Vizio tv(I also have the same problem playing a firestick from an older Sony Bravia KDL65HX729 ) .

I don't have the striping issue when the same media is played from a web browser or from my late model Sony smart tv w/ android o/s .

Additional to the Emby logs attached & screengrabs, I've uploaded the firestick logs to you timestamped:1:49 EST-User: PJ Cilia.

Thanks, any insights are appreciated.

Capture.JPG.94be1f32e399ec9a72c79993d42e2bf9.JPG139983392_PIC1.jpg.078eb00add7a8abd5a97c6fa156eb7b7.jpg2038349687_PIC2.thumb.png.881ca9b1daa95c6dd09d9d759377e0cc.png embyserver(1).txt 810.06 kB · 1 download

Hi @furiousp have you tried with the new 2.0.83 app update? How does that compare?

@furiousp - If the app update doesn't help, please also post the ffmpeg logs.
We need to see the resolutions of the videos that Emby sends to the Firestick client.

• 2 weeks later...
chowbok

I'm getting the jagged green lines too on some videos on my Fire Stick. I upgraded to 2.0.83a but same issue. There were no ffmpeg logs generated but I'm attaching the server and hardware detection logs. Let me know if you need any more info.

logs.zip

chowbok

Dunno if it makes a difference in your diagnosis, but this is not happening on my Android TV, just my Fire Stick.

Also, I have a short video that exhibits this behavior, if you want a copy.

Edited by chowbok

I think we've determined that the Fire devices have trouble with odd resolutions.  What is the exact resolution of the item with the issue?

• 2 weeks later...
ajsamuels

I am experiencing the same issue when trying to play back certain files in the Emby app on Fire TV stick. In my case the problem seems to happen only with SD files encoded in mpeg format (for instance files ripped from DVDs). The same files play back fine on all other devices. Files are streamed from Synology DS218+ NAS running latest version of Emby server. 
The attached example is ripped from DVD with Makemkv, resolution 720x576 interlaced. Any suggestions as to how to resolve this please?

31E6D571-F431-4680-943A-16016FBF287C.jpeg