New UI changes

Ninko

3 hours ago, ebr said:

The entire interface should look more modern and less "blocky" and it matches all the other apps now.

It was much better as it was and I will never understand why you felt the need to change it. The old look was never blocky and looked fine as it was. The green is horrible and not easy to pick out and the icons are to small. Even my girlfriend who has 20/20 finds it hard to see. There really needs to be some customisable options here to keep everyone happy.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Ninko said:

the icons are to small

Exactly what icons are you referring to here?  The only thing that should have changed size is the "My Media" tiles.

ebr - Are there any users of the app involved with programming changes? 

Anecdote time:
We used to get a new second level manager every other year.  The first thing they would do is reorganize the departments.  No actual improvement, just something so that their manager knew they were doing something.  That's what this latest change feels like.  Nothing really improved but someone is trying to justify their job.

My 2 cents. 

Please consider offering a retro version of the app (meaning two versions).

Thank you

Jack

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

52 minutes ago, ebr said:

Exactly what icons are you referring to here?  The only thing that should have changed size is the "My Media" tiles.

All of them seem smaller to me

38 minutes ago, jemoore said:

Are there any users of the app involved with programming changes?

We have a fairly large group of beta testers who have been using the beta version with these changes for a few months now.

25 minutes ago, Ninko said:

All of them seem smaller to me

Hi.  They really aren't.  The only sizes that changed are the top "My Media" row.  Well, they all have slightly rounded corners now so, I guess, technically, they got smaller by whatever that corner is and only on the corners.

I think maybe there is a perception of size change due to the focus indicator changing from a very large white box that goes all the way around the item - including text - to a green outline that only goes around the image.  We plan to offer an option to use a neutral/white outline focus indicator in the future.

• Agree 1

rookslide

Normally, I am on the side of the devs however... The forced landscape view makes icons stretch for anyone that is using their own images for example many of us use the same ones already shown on this thread many times. I liked the wrap around on the menu which is now gone. I like my menu the way it was I don't like my icons stretched out to accommodate a "landscape" view.

As others have said these things weren't broken from the users (that would be all of us) point of view.

If it is so vital that the icons have a landscape view enabled to accommodate whomevers idea that this is wanted by all the users at large then how about a setting to not enable this landscaped view for those of us (and it looks like there are at least some) that didn't think anything was wrong with the view they had. Why force people to do things they don't want to do... Now my menu looks like crap. And I do have several movie folders already set up as I generate my own genre choices rather than letting emby as I don't care for how emby does that. Now you are making me change out all my icons to "landscaped ones if I want to continue using my roku tv's...

Making the new styles default should not force the old styles to change there should be a way to allow the user to have whichever option they prefer rather than making things ugly. Now here is another thing in my world where my control is being taken away... I see no added value to the most recent update... Thanks... Maybe it's time to start looking at Kodi again...

QUIT FIXING THINGS THAT AREN'T BROKEN...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rookslide said:

Normally, I am on the side of the devs however... The forced landscape view makes icons stretch for anyone that is using their own images for example many of us use the same ones already shown on this thread many times. I liked the wrap around on the menu which is now gone. I like my menu the way it was I don't like my icons stretched out to accommodate a "landscape" view.

As others have said these things weren't broken from the users (that would be all of us) point of view.

If it is so vital that the icons have a landscape view enabled to accommodate whomevers idea that this is wanted by all the users at large then how about a setting to not enable this landscaped view for those of us (and it looks like there are at least some) that didn't think anything was wrong with the view they had. Why force people to do things they don't want to do... Now my menu looks like crap. And I do have several movie folders already set up as I generate my own genre choices rather than letting emby as I don't care for how emby does that. Now you are making me change out all my icons to "landscaped ones if I want to continue using my roku tv's...

Making the new styles default should not force the old styles to change there should be a way to allow the user to have whichever option they prefer rather than making things ugly. Now here is another thing in my world where my control is being taken away... I see no added value to the most recent update... Thanks... Maybe it's time to start looking at Kodi again...

QUIT FIXING THINGS THAT AREN'T BROKEN...

Hi.  So your issues all boil down to the display of your "My Media" images?

rookslide
7 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  So your issues all boil down to the display of your "My Media" images?

Pretty much... I'm trying to find ways around it but I have several customization's to my server and will have to make several changes to keep the images working as they are intended.