I need some help from you guys!

KayJay

Well, I just configured a 3 sec delay before waking up the NUC in the Harmony.  Maybe that will ensure that the receiver is ready to go before the machine comes alive and finally really nip this problem.

• Like 1

candybar213

I didn't read all 8 pages of this thread but if the op is still looking for ideas, I am running MBT on an old win7 laptop I bought for $75 and a $35 media remote from eBay. It runs nicely the only problem I have is about every 6 months I have to blow dust out or it gets warm and will studer video playback. It was suppose to be temporary but works well enough I can see spending more money an probably no improvement in performance.

• Like 1

techywarrior

Ebr, I had updated my video drivers and every time I turned on the NUC the sound didn't work. I reverted back to the June drivers and now it works every time. I don't know how they completely broke the HDMI handshake again after it had been working but check what drivers you have. You may want to uninstall the latest ones and go back to the previous version and try that.

We'll see.  Lately sound has been working but the video hasn't.  I'll power up and I'll get that message from WMC that says my video adapter isn't up to the task and then all animations are turned off and the graphics are dumbed down.  If I just re-start WMC it is fine.

I had installed HDMIYo and I am going to uninstall that to see if it is causing that problem.

scanner50

We'll see.  Lately sound has been working but the video hasn't.  I'll power up and I'll get that message from WMC that says my video adapter isn't up to the task and then all animations are turned off and the graphics are dumbed down.  If I just re-start WMC it is fine.

I had installed HDMIYo and I am going to uninstall that to see if it is causing that problem.

This is going back a few years, but I remember having that problem with WMC. IIRC I was able to fix that by using MCEStandby Tool to restart WMC on wake-up with a couple of seconds of delay. Have you tried that or something similar?

techywarrior

I had tried HDMIYo in the past but it never seemed to work. I don't remember having the video error but I think it could also be caused by having 5.1 surround set in windows as well as in WMC (I don't know why that bug in WMC was never fixed) but that always caused me to have video playback issues.

This is going back a few years, but I remember having that problem with WMC. IIRC I was able to fix that by using MCEStandby Tool to restart WMC on wake-up with a couple of seconds of delay. Have you tried that or something similar?

I do use the standby tool.

I have uninstalled HDMIYo so we'll see if that problem goes away now.

• 5 weeks later...

The only thing I can think of if it is turning off randomly would be if the device was over-heating. If you're sure you've changed the power options correct like the picture below. Try and check to see if the NUC is warm to the touch when powering off if you ever get chance to. Also I would check Event viewer to see if there is anything in there as to why it's turning off without you wanting it to. 

Seriously appreciate the amount of attention this post has got, when i can afford to get a NUC I will definitely be purchasing one. I'm sick of having to leave my computer on all the time or getting the spouse to turn it on when I'm at work. 

5468c06c9fd2f_dfssdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfdsfsd

5468c19c300d5_lolololololol.png

By adjusting all the timings of when things start up and shut down I now have about a 90% success rate on everything working as I power on and off.  I just had the "no audio" problem for the first time in a couple weeks yesterday.