Two recent issues on Android TV.

Dodgexander
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

6 minutes ago, Luke said:

What exactly happened?

When playing a 1080p MKV with DTS-HD or DTS, the video stutters. The sound is fine. If I force quality to 1080p 25Mbps the video stops stuttering. I assume because transcoding is forced on.

No issues when using Win10 Emby Theater.

Dodgexander

This is the exact same problem reported in the thread by me originally. There's also a problem with AAC audio, except those files just don't play at all and get stuck on the first frame.

• Agree 1

FredrikT

I too have massive problems with my Google Chromecast TV 4k. It's just connected to a TV, but with audio output set to auto. I changed this to Stereo and all movies started playing again.

On my Shield TV Pro connected to a proper (Atmos) Amp, I'm having no problems.

This was quite hard to troubleshoot because some movies wouldn't play at all and some would sort of play, but with various issues. Now with stereo output, all movies play again. I'm quite sure this problem first appeared when my Google Chromecast TV 4k was updated to Android 12.

FredrikT
On 15/02/2022 at 17:35, Luke said:

@Dodgexander

When you did this, what version of the Android TV app did you have?

Why is this comment marked as the Solution for this thread?

Edited by FredrikT

Dodgexander
8 hours ago, FredrikT said:

Why is this comment marked as the Solution for this thread?

Because instead of addressing the issue with auto (and passthrough) they thought setting output to stereo was a fix.

It's more of a workaround, forcing audio to be transcoded. The same thing can be done with playback correction.

FredrikT
15 hours ago, Dodgexander said:

Because instead of addressing the issue with auto (and passthrough) they thought setting output to stereo was a fix.

It's more of a workaround, forcing audio to be transcoded. The same thing can be done with playback correction.

That's fair, but the comment marked as the solution is something completely different 😅

viking19
On 15/12/2022 at 22:24, Dodgexander said:

I moved to emby some time ago because Plex wouldn't allow me to hide spoilers from generated thumbnails of recordings and honestly I love everything about it, but this issue is a deal-breaker for me.

Meanwhile, Plex doesn't have this issue and bitstreams audio fine to my soundbar.

So, back to Plex for now until this is fixed.

This is the real solution to this thread and many others with playback issues on Emby for AndroidTV. The devs have ignored post after post and sometimes give the same answer "try side-loading the mobile app" to which I respond "but I PAID for the AndroidTV app". I know Plex has ballooned out of control but at least it works.

• Agree 1

• 7 months later...

All please try the latest Emby for GoogleTV beta app.

Its fixed all my issues. 

2.0.93 (7 Sep)
  • Tweak Exo settings
  • Thanks 1